How long time do you have to charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortenhy

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2017
I use ego 1300 and 1600 and I always assumed (sorry for the English spelling) that there were something wrong with them since I have to charge them for 4 to 6 hours.

Now I have bought a new vision spinner 2 (1600)and I also have to charge this one for 6 hours.. I use a original charger and it seems like the output is only 420 (I do not have knowledge about this).. So I want to know if you also use at least 4 hours for charging a 1600 battery?

mortenhy

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2017
Sounds about right. Some chargers charge faster but can also over stress the battery making it age faster
OK, thanks for the answer.. Good to know that my gear is not defect.. And I learned a new thing, had no idea that it would prolong the battery life, awesome information and great day to ya

Reactions: stols001

mortenhy

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2017
Slower charging is probably good for the battery yes, and that doesn't sound unreasonable as far as charging time.

Anna
Thanks once again for your help. So with that much time being in the charger, I have to have a couple of extra batteries. I thought that 1 battery was enough lol.. Or I have to buy a mod with a bigger battery. Good day to you.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It will be useful to have a backup anyway. I personally prefer removable batteries for a lot of reasons, but one of the main ones is that I don't have to wait for my mod to recharge before I use it, I can just switch out batteries. I do own a couple internal battery mods but they are backups, mainly.

Good luck, if you do want to look into maybe a single battery removable mod, the pico now has one (75 watt version) and is fairly inexpensive but there are also many other removable battery options. If you do go that route check out Mooch's blog to find safe batteries and vendors and how to handle your battery, etc.

Anna

mortenhy

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2017
It will be useful to have a backup anyway. I personally prefer removable batteries for a lot of reasons, but one of the main ones is that I don't have to wait for my mod to recharge before I use it, I can just switch out batteries. I do own a couple internal battery mods but they are backups, mainly.

Good luck, if you do want to look into maybe a single battery removable mod, the pico now has one (75 watt version) and is fairly inexpensive but there are also many other removable battery options. If you do go that route check out Mooch's blog to find safe batteries and vendors and how to handle your battery, etc.

Anna
Oh i actually never thought about mods with removable batteries.. I can definitely see the advantage in that.. I will check it out, awesome and thanks.

mortenhy

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2017

Anna
Wow that Mooch has some pretty interesting articles.. I will start reading right away.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The technical explanation is that battery charge time equals battery capacity/charge rate=hours to charge. There's also a number of controls put into place in the chargers to prevent charging too fast. Take a look at the article link below for more info.

18650 Battery Charge Time | Large Battery

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's been a long time since I've used a cigalike or an ego battery. :unsure: I do recall that they seemed to take a long time to charge.

Like Anna, I prefer using vape mods which use external replaceable batteries. Instead of needing another battery device when the battery drains dead, I can simply replace it with another battery which is already charged. An external battery or two carried in a plastic battery case is much easier to carry around than a couple of eGo Spinners.

efest-18650-battery-case-650x650.jpg

Another factor to think about is when your ego's finally die off, you have to buy another one. How much are they now? Around $25 I bet. Replaceable external batteries are about $5 each and last longer than an ego. So once you have invested in a external battery mod and a charger, it is more cost efficient in the long run.

External replaceable batteries are also a "safer chemistry" battery. They are IMR or INR hybrid chemistry. Ego batteries (Lipo chemistry) are not safer chemistry, volatile and more flamable when abused or misused.

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1
  • For those who want to learn the differences between IMR, IMR/hybrid, ICR, and LiPo batteries. What do those numbers and letters on batteries mean? What's an amp rating and why is it more important than the mAh rating when choosing a battery for vaping?
Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
  • A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.

Last edited:

mortenhy

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2017
The technical explanation is that battery charge time equals battery capacity/charge rate=hours to charge. There's also a number of controls put into place in the chargers to prevent charging too fast. Take a look at the article link below for more info.

18650 Battery Charge Time | Large Battery
Awesome i will do that right away, thanks.

mortenhy

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2017
It's been a long time since I've used a cigalike or an ego battery. :unsure: I do recall that they seemed to take a long time to charge.

Like Anna, I prefer using vape mods which use external replaceable batteries. Instead of needing another battery device when the battery drains dead, I can simply replace it with another battery which is already charged. An external battery or two carried in a plastic battery case is much easier to carry around than a couple of eGo Spinners.

efest-18650-battery-case-650x650.jpg

Another factor to think about is when your ego's finally die off, you have to buy another one. How much are they now? Around $25 I bet. Replaceable external batteries are about $5 each and last longer than an ego. So once you have invested in a external battery mod and a charger, it is more cost efficient in the long run.

External replaceable batteries are also a "safer chemistry" battery. They are IMR or INR hybrid chemistry. Ego batteries (Lipo chemistry) are not safer chemistry, volatile and more flamable when abused or misused.

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1
  • For those who want to learn the differences between IMR, IMR/hybrid, ICR, and LiPo batteries. What do those numbers and letters on batteries mean? What's an amp rating and why is it more important than the mAh rating when choosing a battery for vaping?
Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
  • A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.
This is awesome information, this is really great, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread