problems getting the most fluid out of carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonik2

Feb 26, 2012
canada
Hey everyone. i got a regual ego (one with the 510 thread) and i have been trying out repolacing the polyfill in my carts. I have found that refilled polyfill and fluval both work better than the stock polyfill but they still both waste liquid. and the fluval plug seems to waste the least except it seems to use alot of fluid quickly. i just wondered if you guys had any tips on how to get the most fluid out of your cartridges. also i ordered a smoktech 510 tank/dual coil cartomizer) just wondered if you guys think that would work better?

sheryder

ECF Veteran
In my experience, cartridge filling holds onto some eliquid no matter what you do. I did use a straw mod when I used carts which simply put is cutting a coffee stirrer or very tiny straw off the length of your cartridge and inserting it alongside the filling material. I think it helped use the eliquid a bit more efficiently. There are lots of other mods you can do along the same line such as a spring mod...tried that and liked it even better than the straw mod. Do a search of ECF and you will find a few methods...some have youtube videos for us visual learners.

You have other options also such as cartomizers. These are inexpensive and disposable and many, including myself, like them. Some clean them a few times to further minimize the cost. Most vendors sell them.

Others with more experience will be along to give further advice soon.

Good luck finding what works best for you. Don't let it get too complicated unless you like that :).

Cartomizers will waste some juice also as they will stop functioning properly..usually just after I fill it :). However, they do hold more eliquid to start with so they need "topping off" less often that carts therefore less fuss and muss.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
My two cents worth:
I recommend you get yourself a couple of 5 packs of 510 Boge LR 2.0 ohm cartomizers. Cartridges are oldschool and most people have stopped using them since cartos became cheap and so effective. Boges are good for people new to cartos because they don't get dry hits as often as the Smoktechs. I have heard of a BOGE cartomizer lasting 6 months with proper maintenance but often heard that smoktechs die within a couple weeks tops. Save money. Save the atomizer tho, you can still drip on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread