• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How long will an atty/Carto last me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insatiable

Oct 7, 2011
Canada
I don't have one of these babies yet but I just wanted to know how long a 510 atty will last me?

Do carto's last longer or? I just want to know if I should buy extras with my starter kit.

The starter kit in question:

RIVA 510 - SPECIAL EDITION

Black Riva SE batteries now include the NEW 3-click ON/OFF feature (like the eGo-T)!
Presented in a presentation box with full colour manaul, this kit is suited to vapers of all experience levels. This is a Special Edition Riva, boasting a Stainless Steel finish, and Chrome accents. The Kit includes 2x matching SE atomizers, measuring 2.0 ohm's.
2 x 750mAh Battery
2 x 510 Atomizer - 2.0 ohm resistance
1 x USB Fast Charger
1 x USB Mains Plug (US)
10 x Blank Carts - e-liquid will be required to fill the cartridges, sold separately
1 x Atomizer Cone

FROM LIBERTY FLIGHTS.

Decent?

Bigwave

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
You'll be ok in my opinion. The Atomizers can be cleaned reasonably well without much effort and will probably last you a good month or more each, the Cartomizers about 5-7 days a piece before they start clogging up and tasting bad. I'm not a huge fan of cleaning Cartomizers, the filler and the coil\wick gets pretty nasty and hard to clean. Some people do clean them though.

drac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Winnipeg
The atomizer can last between a couple of minutes to a couple of months. Depending how you look after it and the quality control when it was made. Try not to let it run dry.
Cartomizers are made to be disposable, that's why they are so cheap. Also keep them wet. They will last a lot longer in a tank because they are constantly wet.
You got a nice kit and should enjoy it for a long time
Drac

wood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
edmonton
ya atties and cartos can fail at any moment so when your down to a few its time to order more , by then u will have a better understanding of what u prefer to use and the people here will head u in the direction of what replacement parts to buy
one thing i would throw in your package is 1 LR atty with a drip tip
then u will have all the options and be great for while
my last 5 pack of cartos lasted me a month of moderate vaping
i did boil em a few times and dry em though
ive had attys that have lasted 4 months and some 3-4 days but if u keep them wet , and give em a chance to cool down once in a while then they will stay alot longer .

r4nd0mCh40s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
I dont have much to add to this, seeing how the others did a good job, but i would do what wood suggested and get a lr atty and drip tip, im dripping right now on a lr atty and its like heaven sooo good, and besides, when you get that sweet kit, you get a chance to try all three worlds, i vaped off of 510 horizontal cartos and they are very impressive

Insatiable

Oct 7, 2011
Canada
I know this is a bit off topic for this thread, but seeing that you're ordering from Liberty Flights reminded me of a question I had. Is their shipping to Canada really $25?

Yeah =_=. I'm only going to order from them this one time because even with the shipping, the starter kit is still cheaper than what the Canadian side has to offer (Shipping included).

I'll be sure to throw in a pack of cartos and an LR Atty w/drip tip. I hope that ties me over for the next couple months x_x. I want this to work for me lol...the weather is getting colder and it's a pain to go outside to smoke.

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
Sometimes a carto will last longer than a week but sometimes you might try and keep then going longer than you should . Then when you finally throw it away you wonder why you held on to it so long . That is why I never try to boil or clean a cartomizer . Don't get attached to them throw it away and move on to a fresh one when in doubt . There are some websites that will sell them in bulk if you want to save some money but look out for poor quality products . I look for smoktech or boge products when I can .

Eh with the proper maintenance Atties....... Carto's are cheaper and really when it's all said and done I feel I get a better deal with Cartomizers..Not to mention if it starts to perform ....ty, I just switch em out... I boil my cartos then throw them in my stove on 200 with the fan for about 30 minutes and they are normally as good as new...I've been using the same 10 cartomizers for about 2 months and am down to my last 3, only really 2 of them performing well, but it's still good. I guess it is ultimately a preference thing, but I only use atties to test out the liquids I make before filling a cartomizer especially whe I'm this low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread