How make any inhale detector in atomizer? (replace Fire button to inhale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetterJoy

Jan 4, 2018
Want to vape without Fire press button and it can be realized in FW

One of option: somthing should be connected to +- column. If you dont inhale, something shorter (not 0.00 short circuit, but it should decrease resistance). If you inhale, it should open.

In this case, firmware can use sharp resistance increase as fire trigger and decrease as stop fire.

//i make only joyetech FW with big screen like RX200s, Cuboid 200...

upload_2018-1-22_14-44-31.png

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are things I might do as a vaper if I became a double arm amputee. I'm not sure this is one of them, I would likely use a cigalike-ish setup that is designed to draw on inhale. Although I am starting to wonder if you should team up with that "design app" that was floating around, offering to connect you to a maker or two. Maybe the VA would be interested...

Anna

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
Want to vape without Fire press button and it can be realized in FW

One of option: somthing should be connected to +- column. If you dont inhale, something shorter (not 0.00 short circuit, but it should decrease resistance). If you inhale, it should open.

In this case, firmware can use sharp resistance increase as fire trigger and decrease as stop fire.

//i make only Joyetech FW with big screen like RX200s, Cuboid 200...

View attachment 714291
You know that putting something across the +/- as you propose will cause a portion of the wattage to the coil to pass through that something, right?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
They sell the circuit board used in 510 cigalike auto batteries on fasttech. They’re quite cheap. You could just use one of those. The issue is it draws its vacuum from what is now the squonk pin hole traditionally. You’ll have to find a different vacuum source somehow. Ideally one that is juice resistant. The things are in theory immune to juice but in practice are not.

BetterJoy

Jan 4, 2018
You know that putting something across the +/- as you propose will cause a portion of the wattage to the coil to pass through that something, right?
-____-
Additional circuit opens when firing is started in my idea. It does not affect on power eating when you inhale. If you stop inhale, yes, it affect a little, less than 0.1 second.

BetterJoy

Jan 4, 2018
Is it really that difficult just to push a button?
Using hose is more easy).

My previouses mods is iStick TC. Its really lightweight and easy to press the button and parralel connection and it's not wide... Vape of my dream :D. On cuboid 200 even it's not very wide, how I love, pressing Fire button is very uncomfortable.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Is it really that difficult just to push a button?

You seem to have lots of solutions in the works for problems that don't exist
I’ve thought about this problem too actually. I wanted to make a pipe mod I could hang from my teeth and smoke like , well, a pipe. That way I would have both hands free for the keyboard or whatever else I am doing.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
But the way. one of hardware and no FirmWare solution on any mod, to make a connection to the Fire button and make some port on mod. Using wire, you could place Fire button anywhere.

In 100TC it's quite easy, buy the way, it alreade has hole (fire block)
My thought was splice to the fire button wire that way they both still work. Not sure what the fire block is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread