How many batteries do you have for your Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Wow reading this I feel like I do t have enough. Lol between us my wife and I have 6 350's 4 490's and 1 650 and I just got the 650 yesterday.

That over a year though of acquiring stuff. And where I live, in the spring we get bad storms and the power often goes out, so I need to be prepared for anything.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I drip on a 510 atty and an Igo-L at about 2.2ohms. My volts are usually set up around 4.8 since I vape mostly tobaccos and teas. Much higher voltage and it gets too hot, close to burnt taste, much lower than 4.6 and I start losing flavor and impact.

I want to try the 1.6/1.8 ohms or a little lower range but not until I get better at coil building. I am waiting on delivery of a Russian 91% sometime in May. Ridiculous wait, I know, but it gives me time to practice. I am a don't fix what ain't broke type of girl.

Try switching to 3ohms and vaping at higher voltage.I know it sounds backwards (I myself had many an epic disagreement on this very subject) but just that small change can give you an extra couple of hours from your batteries.

In a nutshell, the lower the resistance the faster your battery drains.I didnt beleive this until I tested it out myself and I get 2 more hours from my 18650 with a 3ohm atty versus a 2ohm one.

Last edited:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
The only battery coops that I have seen since summer have been for the flat tops which will not work in our Provarii. The current battery coop (by Proeteus I think) is for flat tops too. It is all about the mech mods batteries. I would jump on an AW coop if someone would do one.

My little 18350s are only lasting about 3 hours or so for me and they were new in December. I just blow right through them. I am getting sick of switching and charging batteries 2x a day. I have also found that I have a bit of trouble putting on the standard end cap. Arthritis in my hands, I guess. Love the 18490s though. We will see how I like the 18650s. I have never used one.

I've been wondering about this too. I got my mini last May 2013 and have 4 -18350's, 2 AW's and 2 Efest that are in steady rotation (I haven't noticed a difference between them). In the beginning, I used 2 per day. Now I seem to be changing them out every few hours and it's driving me nuts! I've started checking them from the charger and instead of seeing 4.2, I'm only seeing 4.0. That didn't seem terribly low, but I really don't know. I'm thinking I maybe due for some new batteries soon. I usually use a PT2 around 2.0. Doesn't AW ever do co-ops?

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
The only battery coops that I have seen since summer have been for the flat tops which will not work in our Provarii. The current battery coop (by Proeteus I think) is for flat tops too. It is all about the mech mods batteries. I would jump on an AW coop if someone would do one.

My little 18350s are only lasting about 3 hours or so for me and they were new in December. I just blow right through them. I am getting sick of switching and charging batteries 2x a day. I have also found that I have a bit of trouble putting on the standard end cap. Arthritis in my hands, I guess. Love the 18490s though. We will see how I like the 18650s. I have never used one.
18650s last the longest but the unit gets pretty heavy when running that large a battery. It doesn't fit in my lanyard holder so I only use those batteries when I'm at home.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Try switching to 3ohms and vaping at higher voltage.I know it sounds backwards (I myself had many an epic disagreement on this very subject) but just that small change can give you an extra couple of hours from your batteries.

In a nutshell, the lower the resistance the faster your battery drains.I didnt beleive this until I tested it out myself and I get 2 more hours from my 18650 with a 3ohm atty versus a 2ohm one.

Would the new purple Efests last longer?
They have a higher amp rating, but I don't know enough to know for sure (the reason why I don't rebuild LOL).

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Would the new purple Efests last longer?
They have a higher amp rating, but I don't know enough to know for sure (the reason why I don't rebuild LOL).

You have to be careful with Chinese made batteries.They frequently exaggerate the MaH to help them sell product.

If they were located here in the states they would get sued for false advertisement but since theyre overseas they can get away with it.

I cant really answer about the Efests. I would suggest visiting the candle power forums and looking at battery comparisons and asking people who use them.

Hope that helps

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
  • Two standard size Provari's. 2 Provape battery extension caps.
  • One mini Provari with battery extension cap. I also have 2 Tatroe extension sleeve and 2 Tatroe wide base end caps.

• Four AW 18350 IMR.
  • Three AW 18490 IMR.
  • Four AW 18650 IMR and one Panasonic CGR1860CH IMR/hybrid battery.

• 1 Nitecore i4 and 1 Nitecore i2 chargers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread