How many directly inhale vs. draw/inhale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com
I smoke an electronic cigarette the way I always smoked a real one...
Direct draw deep into the lungs.

I always thought that was how everyone did it.
I guess not everyone grew up smoking various other substances.

Check out these threads, the first one of which is a poll...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/polls/33605-how-do-you-inhale.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/33548-how-do-you-inhale.html

I direct inhale too. I also did with analogs. I always though everyone did it that way. I try to draw in mouth and then inhale but I don't get much vapor or TH.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
With analogs I used to direct inhale. When vaping, I started out with the old habit. But, as others have noted here ... you don't get much taste that way. Inhaling is still habitual, but I'm in training to draw/inhale for the sake of taste. I'm also drawing on the eCig much more slowly than I did my analogs. Vaping ain't the same. Must be better, my stockpile of analogs is growing stale and feeling neglected.

I sold a carton for $20 today.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
The more I read the more I learn. The most pleasurable vape for me is to inhale directly from the e-cig (901). I have been reading that a lot of people draw the vapor into their mouth and then inhale. I know it is what what works for you individually just curious as to how many people use what method.

I 'draw' then inhale for some reason... just in case.... :evil:

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
I've found, to get the most flavor, I make sure the backside of my tongue is in line with the hole in the cartridge, so the vapor hits it directly. I've also found that I usually have to do a couple strong draws and then a longer slow draw. If I do just one strong draw, the second draw doesn't do much.

Last edited:

docleroux

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 22, 2010
NJ
Alright, So I did a lot of experimenting last night and came to the conclusion that you do not need to try to inhale the battery through the atomizer. My conception of slow and long draw was way off (only applies to e-cigs:oops:) I got the light glowing and thought I was barely drawing the vapor into my mouth, inhaled, got the throat hit and the flavor and when I exhaled there was more vapor than I would have thought. I think I will still directly inhale to get that extra kick when I need it. Thanks for all of your responses.

Crambole

Jan 22, 2010
Arizona, U.S.
I think it's worth noting that although the throat hit may be a little harsher by direct inhalation, the flavor is nearly non-existent using this method. That's one of the main reasons I prefer to draw first.

This.

When I smoked analogs I did direct lung inhale though.

After reading this thread I've tried direct inhaling with my vaporizer and its not bad either, I think I'll do a bit of both :)

Using Joye 510 I get more vapor/flavor mouth inhaling.
Direct inhaling I get a better throat hit.

kalekona

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Washington State
OMG I can't remember how I inhaled analogs. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing-it's only been a week. lol

I can't get the hang of direct hits on the e-cig, when I get it right it is interesting and true there is a lot of vapor- but i have to really think about it and that takes away the enjoyment some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread