How many Ego batteries have you had break before getting a APV ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwpowell19

Feb 12, 2013
Sarasota FL
So after my third ego broke in three months ive finially decided to bite the bullet and get a VAMO. first one, a joyetech twist stopped working one day. Found broken solder joint, couldnt put back together, went in trash. Second one the top part came off, I fixed it and sent it to my aunt. Third one is a Vision Spinner that I dropped one too many times and have a loose solder joint somewhere in there. I love the size and feel of Ego batteries but they're TOO DAMN brittle.

So has anyone stuck with Ego's a little longer and managed not to break them ? Cause I cant seem to !

Anyone have any sugestions for easily fixing the bottom ground (the one from the battery that grounds to the metal tube) on a Vision spinner 1300MAH ?? Last one I had I was able to access this ground by removing the bottom spinner cap and the little track the cap spins in, sadly , it never quite went back together as nice and tight as it did from the factory.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
All 6 of my original Egos purchased in 2010 are still working just fine. Two of my three Ego Twist purchased July 2012 are still working fine. I did loose one Twist from that 2012 purchase but that was my own fault, I dropped it in the toilet :oops:

I own lots of APV's but none of my purchases had anything to do with dissatisfaction with my egos :)

Last edited:
While i do have plans to buy an itaste mvp fairly soon, i doubt i'll stop using the ego completely. They're just too convenient... they last me all day at work and if i were to drop and break it (i've broken one from dropping it pretty hard...) i'm only out 20ish bucks. if i were to break an itaste i'd be out more like 70..
I'm a diesel mechanic and it rides in my pocket all day, so they take a pretty good beating some days...

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
While i do have plans to buy an itaste mvp fairly soon, i doubt i'll stop using the ego completely. They're just too convenient... they last me all day at work and if i were to drop and break it (i've broken one from dropping it pretty hard...) i'm only out 20ish bucks. if i were to break an itaste i'd be out more like 70..
I'm a diesel mechanic and it rides in my pocket all day, so they take a pretty good beating some days...

The MVP is a nice unit. I've had one as my primary now for a few months and do enjoy it. Still have that eGo in my case as a backup tho. :)

So far I have two joyetech ego 650 batteries and a ego twist 1000. I have a habit of setting them on my lap in the car and forgetting to pick them up before i get out. Therefore they go flying across the road. I have not had a single problem with any of them breaking or not working. But I am still ordering a evic tomarrow afternoon

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
The only eGos that ever gave me trouble was an eGo kit I got from madvapes.... like two years ago or so, honestly I don't remember. The charger failed and fried the batteries.

Other than that, I've had excellent luck with eGo batteries personally. I still have one of the 900mah eGo batts that I got from MV as a replacement, and the other one was given to a friend and is also still working great.

However, two people I know have purchased eGo kits and BOTH had issues with at least one battery. I have no idea if it was some sort of user error (they were new vapers) or what, but I was pretty surprised having had such great luck with my eGo batts.

I've still got tons of the things of various configurations and brands and they all work great.. Although hey have seen much less use in the last year or so after I got into bigger and better things.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
So after my third ego broke in three months ive finially decided to bite the bullet and get a VAMO. first one, a joyetech twist stopped working one day. Found broken solder joint, couldnt put back together, went in trash. Second one the top part came off, I fixed it and sent it to my aunt. Third one is a Vision Spinner that I dropped one too many times and have a loose solder joint somewhere in there. I love the size and feel of Ego batteries but they're TOO DAMN brittle.

So has anyone stuck with Ego's a little longer and managed not to break them ? Cause I cant seem to !

Anyone have any sugestions for easily fixing the bottom ground (the one from the battery that grounds to the metal tube) on a Vision spinner 1300MAH ?? Last one I had I was able to access this ground by removing the bottom spinner cap and the little track the cap spins in, sadly , it never quite went back together as nice and tight as it did from the factory.

My mother, sister and neighbor have been using ego type pvs for 2+ years. I have a lot of pvs and apv's and still use ego type batteries as well. My current twist I purchased in July and it's fine.

I got stuck with a few duds though and stick to Joye batteries and that seems to work out better for me and others I know who use them.

Even with knock-offs, if you get 3 months out of a battery, that's about $8.00 a month. Still pretty cheap compared to cigs.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I've only had 2 ego batteries that died. One was dropped just right for the bottom to pop off, and the insides slid down so that the button was out of place. The other didn't really die exactly. The button was starting to become unreliable. So, I threw it away.

I still have about a dozen ego batteries that I've had for about 2 years that are working just fine. They've all been dropped multiple times.

My brother however hasn't had such good luck. His job is very physical. He's very rough on his batteries. But, even then, they tend to last him 3 to 6 months.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Excellent choice replacing the ego with a Vamo. The Vamo is a better option than any of the eGo's, twist, spinner, etc. It's VW instead of VV, has a 5 amp switch allowing you to use any atty/carto unlike the twists/spinners and the batteries cost about $11 instead of @25+. I can't see over-paying for batteries.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I just realized the actual name of this thread: How many Ego batteries have you had break before getting a APV ??

I only had 2 little 650 mah eGo batteries when I bought my first mod, actually my first 4 mods. Then, over the next several months, I added over a dozen more eGo batteries. Those first 2 eGo batteries are still going strong.

I've used my eGo batteries much, much, much more than I ever used any mod. They do the job, last forever, and are perfect for carrying around in my purse.

I just counted, I have 15 mods. And, I still use my eGos the most anytime I leave the house.

However, I've bought 3 little eGo knock-offs recently that I'm quite sure aren't going to last more than a few months. It's well worth buying Joyetech products instead of knock-offs. So, if you're lumping all fat batts together as "Ego" batteries, than your question becomes meaningless.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
However, I've bought 3 little eGo knock-offs recently that I'm quite sure aren't going to last more than a few months. It's well worth buying Joyetech products instead of knock-offs. So, if you're lumping all fat batts together as "Ego" batteries, than your question becomes meaningless.

Exactly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread