How many mods/tanks do you own ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR701

May 26, 2017
Hi I was wondering if there's a good reason to own multiple tanks/vapes how many do you own ? I'm quickly getting into the vaping scene and find myself buying a lot of stuff that I probably don't need I currently own a aspire 2 tank (for indoor smoking) a baby tfv8 beast (for all day when I run errands) and looking into the wismec reux by jaybo . I'm thinking of using my baby tfv8 with my dual 20 amp hg2s and when they run out of battery and then use the wismec tank with some 25-30amp battery's . What are your setups ?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
For some of us, it's an obses... er, hobby. Yeah... that's the word... hobby...

I have 138 mods, and 236 atties. No duplicates.

df0dd1b376af0b2f9462d17f674f8f8f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
If I live to be 80, I'll still have working mods and tanks. If they stop making 18650 batteries, I'll figure out a way to use the circuit boards in some type of box.

Live in the moment, remember the past and plan for the future. Life is short but it's the longest thing you'll ever do.

Oftheworld

May 29, 2017
I have only stopped smoking going 5 months now. I still only have 1 unit. It works fine for me and I don't see myself investing in more. I bought an iStick Pico and my tank is a Melo 3; I now know it is not an RTA, BUT, over the past months I have learned how to re-wick the spare atomizers I have bought since I started. I can rewick an atomizer at least 4 to 5 times and this saves me a few bucks. In my opinion, apart from the health issues, I stopped smoking because of the economics. If you buy too many stuff, you spend a lot of money which would not be financially beneficial. I feel sad for other countries who may soon experience strict rules on e-cigarettes. Here in the Philippines, we are still enjoying the growing market of saved lives, who discovered vaping as a way to help us quit smoking. I am okay with 1 mod; but yes, I may invest in an RTA...can you recommend a good one for my iStick Pico? Regards all!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have only stopped smoking going 5 months now. I still only have 1 unit. It works fine for me and I don't see myself investing in more. I bought an iStick Pico and my tank is a Melo 3; I now know it is not an RTA, BUT, over the past months I have learned how to re-wick the spare atomizers I have bought since I started. I can rewick an atomizer at least 4 to 5 times and this saves me a few bucks. In my opinion, apart from the health issues, I stopped smoking because of the economics. If you buy too many stuff, you spend a lot of money which would not be financially beneficial. I feel sad for other countries who may soon experience strict rules on e-cigarettes. Here in the Philippines, we are still enjoying the growing market of saved lives, who discovered vaping as a way to help us quit smoking. I am okay with 1 mod; but yes, I may invest in an RTA...can you recommend a good one for my iStick Pico? Regards all!

The one issue to be aware of is if your tank or mod break, you might be stuck and tempted to have a cigarette to tide you over. Having backups really does help protect you, and you don't have to buy anything fancy for a backup kit. Just enough to keep you going until your primary mod or tank is repaired or replaced.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Hi I was wondering if there's a good reason to own multiple tanks/vapes how many do you own ? I'm quickly getting into the vaping scene and find myself buying a lot of stuff that I probably don't need I currently own a aspire 2 tank (for indoor smoking) a baby tfv8 beast (for all day when I run errands) and looking into the wismec reux by jaybo . I'm thinking of using my baby tfv8 with my dual 20 amp hg2s and when they run out of battery and then use the wismec tank with some 25-30amp battery's . What are your setups ?

I've actually lost count of tanks, about a good dozen mods at least, but I have more coming soon (of both).

To give you an idea of my setup... and yes, I bough a desk that is dedicated to vaping.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Triton RBA is no good FYI.. didn't even fit the Triton 2. Your best bet it to get the ECR coil (rebuildable) from Eleaf if you going that route of an RBA.. for the Melo.. trust me the Eleaf RBA is also much easier to build on even if the Triton did fit... tried it and it's too long.
The best way to handle the Triton RBA...

1. Place RBA on anvil.
2. Smash with sledgehammer.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Because of the uncertainty of the FDA and what the future of vaping will look like, many of us have stocked up on multiple mods, tanks, DIY materials and the such. Even if vaping works out for us, taxes which will certainly follow may make what we now have available expensive. Also stocking up on nicotine as that is the choke point for us vapers. Do what you feel is necessary to vape in the manner your accustomed to.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I bought an iStick Pico and my tank is a Melo 3; I now know it is not an RTA, BUT, over the past months I have learned how to re-wick the spare atomizers I have bought since I started. I can rewick an atomizer at least 4 to 5 times and this saves me a few bucks.
They do make a RBA for the Melo 2 that works with the Melo 3, and I believe the Triton RBA works as well, but heard it's not as good. I have the Melo 3 tank that is put away, but did purchase the RBA so I'll have it for when the need arises.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
Because of the uncertainty of the FDA and what the future of vaping will look like, many of us have stocked up on multiple mods, tanks, DIY materials and the such. Even if vaping works out for us, taxes which will certainly follow may make what we now have available expensive. Also stocking up on nicotine as that is the choke point for us vapers. Do what you feel is necessary to vape in the manner your accustomed to.

For me & my better half, we have:
20 regulated mods - 5 in use, 15 in the stash
4 tube mechs - 1 in use, 3 in the stash
30 toppers: 10 tanks, 10 RTA's & 10 RDA's - 6 in use, 24 in the stash

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Shawn, what do you find yourself using the most? Or do you not have favorite children? :p
I can't seem to put down my Revenant with a match matchy Ijoy RDTA 5, as of late... Also, quite fond of my Lux 215 with an Aromamizer Plus. Then, there's the RX200 with an Envii Terra RTA... Oh, yeah, and the Mod 101 with a Serpent RDTA. Wait... the Broadside and Kennedy 25 pairing... argh... too many favorites...

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Honestly... I love it! Ya'll know I love my mech mods too.
I haven't had a single issue with this mod. I'm running a .37 24g kanthal 6 wraps 3mm ID @ 64w and it's awesome :D
No on board charger isn't a problem, I don't recommend charging removable batteries in a mod :)

That charging thing.. that's an old mindset that needs to end now, it's rare for a newer (I'd say at least 3 years) model to have any issue. It's been discussed (or debated) more than enough and it's very clear that the issues from the earlier models are long gone.

This is about half of what I have in tanks

tanks.png

Nice... I see a few in there that I'd love to try... or at least very similar to what I've got.

For some of us, it's an obses... er, hobby. Yeah... that's the word... hobby...

I have 138 mods, and 236 atties. No duplicates.

df0dd1b376af0b2f9462d17f674f8f8f.jpg

Have you considered founding the first VA meetings yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread