How many mods/tanks do you own ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR701

May 26, 2017
Hi I was wondering if there's a good reason to own multiple tanks/vapes how many do you own ? I'm quickly getting into the vaping scene and find myself buying a lot of stuff that I probably don't need I currently own a aspire 2 tank (for indoor smoking) a baby tfv8 beast (for all day when I run errands) and looking into the wismec reux by jaybo . I'm thinking of using my baby tfv8 with my dual 20 amp hg2s and when they run out of battery and then use the wismec tank with some 25-30amp battery's . What are your setups ?

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Because of the uncertainty of the FDA and what the future of vaping will look like, many of us have stocked up on multiple mods, tanks, DIY materials and the such. Even if vaping works out for us, taxes which will certainly follow may make what we now have available expensive. Also stocking up on nicotine as that is the choke point for us vapers. Do what you feel is necessary to vape in the manner your accustomed to.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I have a Wismec with a tfv8 for it - love it, use it a lot but, I also like my NEBOXes. I have two of them. For a day out of the house I take 2 mods and extra batteries for both, for a longer trip all three go, with 2 sets of batteries for each mod, enough juice for the trip and, my 100.00USD vape emergency stash - in case I have to replace something on the road.

Now it you add in all of my seldom used pens, well there is about 15 more devices, then the 2 cigalikes I tried first but are so outdated and horrible that I won't even give them away.

Reactions: Eskie

Winchester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Califorina
Hi and Welcome to ECF!
I have been vaping since 2012 so it seems like over the years I have bought a lot of stuff. Mods have evolved and tanks and RDAs have evolved and gotten better so I have updated my stuff. I think I have 10 box mods 12 mec mods 11 RDAs and 16 Kayfuns. Right now I would say my BMIs and HexOhms with a Sapor and a Vector RDAs at home and good old Kayfuns with a Joyetech E-Vic mini for work. I own a Wismec Reux but I only use it at home it is too heavy.

Oftheworld

May 29, 2017
I have only stopped smoking going 5 months now. I still only have 1 unit. It works fine for me and I don't see myself investing in more. I bought an iStick Pico and my tank is a Melo 3; I now know it is not an RTA, BUT, over the past months I have learned how to re-wick the spare atomizers I have bought since I started. I can rewick an atomizer at least 4 to 5 times and this saves me a few bucks. In my opinion, apart from the health issues, I stopped smoking because of the economics. If you buy too many stuff, you spend a lot of money which would not be financially beneficial. I feel sad for other countries who may soon experience strict rules on e-cigarettes. Here in the Philippines, we are still enjoying the growing market of saved lives, who discovered vaping as a way to help us quit smoking. I am okay with 1 mod; but yes, I may invest in an RTA...can you recommend a good one for my iStick Pico? Regards all!

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I bought an iStick Pico and my tank is a Melo 3; I now know it is not an RTA, BUT, over the past months I have learned how to re-wick the spare atomizers I have bought since I started. I can rewick an atomizer at least 4 to 5 times and this saves me a few bucks.
They do make a RBA for the Melo 2 that works with the Melo 3, and I believe the Triton RBA works as well, but heard it's not as good. I have the Melo 3 tank that is put away, but did purchase the RBA so I'll have it for when the need arises.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
If I live to be 80, I'll still have working mods and tanks. If they stop making 18650 batteries, I'll figure out a way to use the circuit boards in some type of box.

Live in the moment, remember the past and plan for the future. Life is short but it's the longest thing you'll ever do.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    It's good to learn early in life to separate needs from wants.

Also a good time to have fun. Buy what you can afford and sell or trade it down the road.

So, one mod and one tank with one back up for each in storage. A bit more than 500 ml of unflavored eliquid in the refrigerator that I vape straight up.

Reactions: Ryedan

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I have only stopped smoking going 5 months now. I still only have 1 unit. It works fine for me and I don't see myself investing in more. I bought an iStick Pico and my tank is a Melo 3; I now know it is not an RTA, BUT, over the past months I have learned how to re-wick the spare atomizers I have bought since I started. I can rewick an atomizer at least 4 to 5 times and this saves me a few bucks. In my opinion, apart from the health issues, I stopped smoking because of the economics. If you buy too many stuff, you spend a lot of money which would not be financially beneficial. I feel sad for other countries who may soon experience strict rules on e-cigarettes. Here in the Philippines, we are still enjoying the growing market of saved lives, who discovered vaping as a way to help us quit smoking. I am okay with 1 mod; but yes, I may invest in an RTA...can you recommend a good one for my iStick Pico? Regards all!

The one issue to be aware of is if your tank or mod break, you might be stuck and tempted to have a cigarette to tide you over. Having backups really does help protect you, and you don't have to buy anything fancy for a backup kit. Just enough to keep you going until your primary mod or tank is repaired or replaced.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    I probably have WAY more stuff than I should, and I just ordered two more mods :blink: I've won some tanks in various contests, and I have a healthy number of others stashed. I have scores of factory coils for the tanks I can't rebuild, and I have spools of wire and loads of cotton and rayon with which I can build. I just ordered another liter of nic, and I have flavorings for ages.

I haven't smoked in over three years, and I don't want to be without. I was going to get my hair cut the other morning, and the tank I had with me leaked like a sieve. I did NOT have another device with me, and I was a bit uncomfortable (not to mention I smelled like chocolate :lol: ) So yes, I'm addicted to the "habit", but I love that it's no longer cigarette smoke that's going into my lungs.... I'll do what I can to make sure I have working devices and juice for as long as I can!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I believe it's important to have at least 2 to 3 different set ups. You have to have back ups just in case one set up fails for some reason and a back up for a back up. You just don't want any reason to go out and buy any cigarettes if your vape happens to die. Personally I have to vape multiple juices each day unless I loose flavor or just get bored. I vape about 6 different set ups each day, all with different juices and I kind of rotate every half hour or so. So I have 6 different set ups going at once but also have many more mods and tanks that work, but arent my absolute favorites and don't use them that much. All in all about 20 different set ups

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    They do make a RBA for the Melo 2 that works with the Melo 3, and I believe the Triton RBA works as well, but heard it's not as good. I have the Melo 3 tank that is put away, but did purchase the RBA so I'll have it for when the need arises.

The RBAs aren't anything better than just rebuilding the normal coils...(basically are a waste of money). All you need is the shell, the pin and the silicone insulator.

I made a guide about it:
    Vaperrasso cCell rebuilding

Reactions: Bonskibon

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    As per my reply above I did a rebuilding guide for these cartridges:
    Vaperrasso cCell rebuilding

The only real difference between the Vaperasso (for my guide) and the Eleaf, Aspire, etc. are that they are single shell and use a thin cotton mesh for the barrier where the liquid goes in.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    Hi I was wondering if there's a good reason to own multiple tanks/vapes how many do you own ? I'm quickly getting into the vaping scene and find myself buying a lot of stuff that I probably don't need I currently own a aspire 2 tank (for indoor smoking) a baby tfv8 beast (for all day when I run errands) and looking into the wismec reux by jaybo . I'm thinking of using my baby tfv8 with my dual 20 amp hg2s and when they run out of battery and then use the wismec tank with some 25-30amp battery's . What are your setups ?

I've actually lost count of tanks, about a good dozen mods at least, but I have more coming soon (of both).

To give you an idea of my setup... and yes, I bough a desk that is dedicated to vaping.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    Because of the uncertainty of the FDA and what the future of vaping will look like, many of us have stocked up on multiple mods, tanks, DIY materials and the such. Even if vaping works out for us, taxes which will certainly follow may make what we now have available expensive. Also stocking up on nicotine as that is the choke point for us vapers. Do what you feel is necessary to vape in the manner your accustomed to.

For me & my better half, we have:
    20 regulated mods - 5 in use, 15 in the stash
    4 tube mechs - 1 in use, 3 in the stash
    30 toppers: 10 tanks, 10 RTA's & 10 RDA's - 6 in use, 24 in the stash

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread