How Many of you are Plain Jane Vanilla Vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I love my ProVaris and I use them daily, or at least one of them. I also love my Reo even though I don't use it that often because I haven't found a juice I want to vape that much of at a time. I love my Spinners because they fit well with my little Evod tanks that I still use for some juices, and I love my pipe mod because it looks cool and it has LED lights although I don't think I want to use it too much because it's harder to find things to fit on it. I use my little EVOD non VV for dry burning coils and as a backup for my backups. I have a Blu disposable that I got one night when I only had two Spinners and they both went wonky on me at the same time. I HATE that one but it got me through that night without me resorting to smoking my cigarette that I still have.

Some people just like different devices because they ARE different. For dependability, though, a single ProVari will suffice and will cost less in the long run. Plus, since they ARE built so well, if you DO end up selling one you get most of the money you spent on it back, even if it's a couple of years old. Not many other devices can make that claim.

So, do I answer yes?
Actually, if you have a pipe mod, you have to answer no...and you have to get rid of the ProVari. You, my dear, are trendy...not Plain Jane Vanilla. Jane runs from pipes!

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Actually, if you have a pipe mod, you have to answer no...and you have to get rid of the ProVari. You, my dear, are trendy...not Plain Jane Vanilla. Jane runs from pipes!
I only bought the pipe mod for an art project....lol Also, because I've been thinking about my grandfather a lot lately and his pipes.

Besides, which ProVari would I have to get rid of? I have three....lol

BCWDragon

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Here is some real life data. I know 5 people including myself that Vape. (Not a large # i know) 1 that converted me, the rest are my converts. Out of that 4 use ego's (non twist) with either evod or iClear 16's. Even though they have seen that my SiD and tanks provide a better vape and more clouds compared to theirs and has a better battery they stick with the ego because they like its simplicity.
I don't put any pressure on them after pointing out the pros to mine because in the end all that matters is they Vape and not smoke.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I agree it's tough to quantify what is plane Jane.
But let's concentrate on the APV, does it matter if it's an RBA a clearo a carto, if it's built over 1 OHM [Provari Limitation] and vaped at under 3.5 Amps [Provari Limitation] then the user is a Plain Jane Vanilla Zone

If your preference is to put something on your APV that will be Vaped at the Provari Limitations then you are Plain Jane Vanilla Vaper.

I chose Provari as the benchmark because, They are popular and they've made the minimum amount of innovations in terms of Amps and Watts Limitations and they are the defacto standard of quality in VV Mods.

I'd consider an Epipe as plain Jane because though it looks different the mechanisms used are still plain Jane as long as it's being used at the Voltage, Watts and Amps of a Provari.

Maybe I was wrong to exclude Bottom Feeders but my feeling is that Bottom Feeding is a Niche Product, the mechanism of wetting the coil is unique. The Tank is built into the unit and the Atomizer is separate. Until someone come out with a Quality Bottom Feeder made for RBA at under $100.00 Bottom Feeding will remain fairly rare.

Bottom Feeding Fools Like me are an Eclectic Group [Right Now]

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
Bill Cosby

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
But let's concentrate on the APV, does it matter if it's an RBA a clearo a carto, if it's built over 1 OHM [Provari Limitation] and vaped at under 3.5 Amps [Provari Limitation] then the user is a Plain Jane Vanilla Zone

If your preference is to put something on your APV that will be Vaped at the Provari Limitations then you are Plain Jane Vanilla Vaper.

I chose Provari as the benchmark because, They are popular and they've made the minimum amount of innovations in terms of Amps and Watts Limitations and they are the defacto standard of quality in VV Mods.

I'd consider an Epipe as plain Jane because though it looks different the mechanisms used are still plain Jane as long as it's being used at the Voltage, Watts and Amps of a Provari.

Maybe I was wrong to exclude Bottom Feeders but my feeling is that Bottom Feeding is a Niche Product, the mechanism of wetting the coil is unique. The Tank is built into the unit and the Atomizer is separate. Until someone come out with a Quality Bottom Feeder made for RBA at under $100.00 Bottom Feeding will remain fairly rare.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
Bill Cosby

If it is the price point then provari also must be excluded. You are not being consistent at all.

BCWDragon

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Portland, OR, USA

Bill Cosby

Here is my question: What make these people Plain Jane? To me I would think people who stick with cig-a-likes with standard tobac/menth juice/carts were Plain Jane, and that anyone who moved up to APV's of any kind wouldn't.

Personally Plain Jane or not shouldn't matter, if someone is now doesn't mean they will be forever, or that its a bad thing. Isn't the only real classification that matters Vaper or Smoker or Antz? :vapor:

Just my :2c:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
For my regulated devices I have 3 ProVaris and an iTaste 134. Although I usually Kick my mechs, I do have a subohm coil that I have used.

I do prefer regulated devices, but I really don't think that you can put people into categories based on how they vape. Or that one needs to. I do not think I am uncool because I do not wish to vape something with the potential to blow my face off. I just want to not smoke. How I do so is unimportant in the overall scheme of things.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I'm thinking that with some folks, vaping for taste, pleasure and enjoyment may be considered Plain Jane. Unless you're going super sub ohm, risking your equipment, breaking out in a sweat and blowing out a complete white out...you're boring. Hi, I'm boring Bill. It's kinda sad, really. I'm old enough to embrace boredom.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Post re-write to clarify my thoughts on this issue.

To your original question, the answer is yes.

To your thoughts on the matter, the answer is also yes.

This should be obvious. If you look at any successful business, you will find one thing in common: More convenience and more features = more profit and happier customers. If you don't believe me, just ask any Apple employee.

The perfect e-cigarette device is a combination of several:

1. Provari:
    • Quality
    • Aesthetics
  2. Innokin MBV 2.0:
    • internal charging circuits
    • Variable wattage
    • Other "cool factor" features
  3. eVic:
    • Firmware updates that negate the necessity and hassle of having to upgrade or purchase new hardware -- Saves time (waiting), shipping costs, adds convenience and offers the customer that "new" feeling (new software features/bug fixes)

People want convenience, they want features, and they want a decent price but are willing to pay more later on when new products come out. So the best business model is to offer an e-cig that is EASY for the customer to use, looks good, lasts a long time, and is just different enough to be considered unique and at a price point that gets them buying into the brand (like the iPod did for Apple).

The Provari only hits home on Quality and Aesthetics. that's it. It doesn't have the features or convenience. Also, their upgrade process sucks up cash from both ends. If they offered Firmware upgrades then customers would not have to pay $20.00 and spend time without their device while awaiting the new one. This means they could have theirs personalized and not have to worry about losing that when they upgrade (again, not convenient).

Until an e-cig manufacturer finally realizes this, the business will never be as mainstream as it could be, and that is what you want. The more people using e-cigs, the less the FDA can do to stop it. Going 100% mainstream is the only way to put a stop to all the threats from the FDA and other governing bodies.

I'd like to slap the person at Provari who decided they weren't going to add a feature like VW. How ......ed is that when you know your customers WANT it.

Firmware upgrades are essential because it provides the customer the ability to personalize (engraving, painting/whatever) without having to worry that they will have to mail in their product and lose those personal touches to receive the next "upgrade".

The money they are losing out on is crazy. I ran my own business for over a decade and made very good money before a life-threatening back injury ended it and it drives me bananas when I see small businesses like Provape passing up opportunities due to some very-questionable business decisions.

Everyone in this business is operating under a short-term business model. They all seem to be in it for the quick-buck. They are not thinking long-term and there do not seem to be any visionaries among them that can take the industry to the next level. Provape has the quality and the aesthetics. So IMO they are pretty close, but their total lack of ability to see beyond today kills their chances of continuing the evolution. Which means someone else is going to have to step up and take their "king of the hill" status away from them, which won't be too hard to do. Giving your customers what they want is KING. If some of them want a VW/VV product, then make a version of it. If they want firmware upgrades, do it. Because in the end it will make them more money, the customers will be happier, and everyone wins.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Here is my question: What make these people Plain Jane? To me I would think people who stick with cig-a-likes with standard tobac/menth juice/carts were Plain Jane, and that anyone who moved up to APV's of any kind wouldn't.

Personally Plain Jane or not shouldn't matter, if someone is now doesn't mean they will be forever, or that its a bad thing. Isn't the only real classification that matters Vaper or Smoker or Antz? :vapor:

Just my :2c:
My poll is titled
Poll: What Percentage are Vaping at Provari Levels

This thread is titled are you a Plain Jane Vaper.
The two are separate.

The Poll is pretty Cut and Dry.

The definition of Plain Jane Vapor is subject to interpretation.
I think that you all have very good points.

Where I'm coming from is that I had a discussion on the board and replied that 70 - 90% of the market is vaping at Provari Levels. Someone said that I was way off, so I set up a poll for my curiosity. I've hung out at vape shops and I've seen that around 70-90% coming in are on a device that is within Provari Tolerances. Maybe I should have just replied that way.

Then I thought about it and made this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread