How Many of you are Plain Jane Vanilla Vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My poll is titled
Poll: What Percentage are vaping at Provari Levels

This thread is titled are you a Plain Jane Vaper.
The two are separate.

The Poll is pretty Cut and Dry.

The definition of Plain Jane Vapor is subject to interpretation.
I think that you all have very good points.

Where I'm coming from is that I had a discussion on the board and replied that 70 - 90% of the market is vaping at Provari Levels. Someone said that I was way off, so I set up a poll for my curiosity. I've hung out at vape shops and I've seen that around 70-90% coming in are on a device that is within Provari Tolerances. Maybe I should have just replied that way.

Then I thought about it and made this post

The person who said you were way off is wrong. :) 90% of people buy their PCs whether they are Macs or Windows based machines. Only about 10% of those build them from the ground up, and of those 10%, only about another 1% take it to the max with water-cooling, custom light displays, etc.

It doesn't matter what industry it is. It doesn't matter what product it is. It's going to be the same across the board. I can remove PCs and put in Cars. same thing. 90% of the people buy off the shelf cars and never go beyond adding air freshener or tinted windows. the other 10% will add other bling, change their own oil, add custom exhaust, etc. The last 1% are the ones that do complete rebuilds, total custom pain jobs, etc.

From a business standpoint, that last 10% are the ones who are the most difficult to satisfy. the 1%ers are never satisfied until they do it themselves. So a smart businessman caters to the 90%. A visionary caters to the 90% by seeing what a customer WILL want and doesn't know it until it is in their hands (Steve Jobs).

Note: I do not include collectors in any of this. They are a different breed (I am not dissing collectors; it is just a truth as I see it).

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Post re-write to clarify my thoughts on this issue.

To your original question, the answer is yes.

To your thoughts on the matter, the answer is also yes.

This should be obvious. If you look at any successful business, you will find one thing in common: More convenience and more features = more profit and happier customers. If you don't believe me, just ask any Apple employee.

The perfect e-cigarette device is a combination of several:

1. Provari:
    • Quality
    • Aesthetics
  2. Innokin MBV 2.0:
    • internal charging circuits
    • Variable wattage
    • Other "cool factor" features
  3. eVic:
    • Firmware updates that negate the necessity and hassle of having to upgrade or purchase new hardware -- Saves time (waiting), shipping costs, adds convenience and offers the customer that "new" feeling (new software features/bug fixes)

People want convenience, they want features, and they want a decent price but are willing to pay more later on when new products come out. So the best business model is to offer an e-cig that is EASY for the customer to use, looks good, lasts a long time, and is just different enough to be considered unique and at a price point that gets them buying into the brand (like the iPod did for Apple).

The Provari only hits home on Quality and Aesthetics. that's it. It doesn't have the features or convenience. Also, their upgrade process sucks up cash from both ends. If they offered Firmware upgrades then customers would not have to pay $20.00 and spend time without their device while awaiting the new one. This means they could have theirs personalized and not have to worry about losing that when they upgrade (again, not convenient).

Until an e-cig manufacturer finally realizes this, the business will never be as mainstream as it could be, and that is what you want. The more people using e-cigs, the less the FDA can do to stop it. Going 100% mainstream is the only way to put a stop to all the threats from the FDA and other governing bodies.

I'd like to slap the person at Provari who decided they weren't going to add a feature like VW. How ......ed is that when you know your customers WANT it.

Firmware upgrades are essential because it provides the customer the ability to personalize (engraving, painting/whatever) without having to worry that they will have to mail in their product and lose those personal touches to receive the next "upgrade".

The money they are losing out on is crazy. I ran my own business for over a decade and made very good money before a life-threatening back injury ended it and it drives me bananas when I see small businesses like Provape passing up opportunities due to some very-questionable business decisions.

Everyone in this business is operating under a short-term business model. They all seem to be in it for the quick-buck. They are not thinking long-term and there do not seem to be any visionaries among them that can take the industry to the next level. Provape has the quality and the aesthetics. So IMO they are pretty close, but their total lack of ability to see beyond today kills their chances of continuing the evolution. Which means someone else is going to have to step up and take their "king of the hill" status away from them, which won't be too hard to do. Giving your customers what they want is KING. If some of them want a VW/VV product, then make a version of it. If they want firmware upgrades, do it. Because in the end it will make them more money, the customers will be happier, and everyone wins.
I am not worthy, I am not worthy.!
Serious yours is one beautifully written post.

Actually though the problem with Provape and other upgrades is not that the software has to be upgraded but the circuit boards and chips. I know because I had a Provari Vs 1 and when the Vivi Nova Kits came out one of the Clearos was a 1.8 Ohm Clearomizer. My provari wasn't built for Atomizers under 2.2 and the board went bad. First they repaired it and then when I returned it the 2nd time, they switched the circuit board. The changes on the Provari are going to be through Hardware not Software. In an Ideal world they will build the hardware for future changes but in the real world that won't happen.

I agree, Provape has/had the opportunity to really seize the market but has lost it with a Ho Hum Attitude.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
What about me? I'm vaping plain vanilla, on a reo.

Thanks to my phone, I could have posted this from anywhere.

Honestly the way I read the OPs posts. He took the REO out of the picture with a fast dissmissive attitude because it is the one thing that really does give a provari a run for the money.

A REO is simply dripping. If he wants to go into seperate tanks and attys then even a RBD (which he allows as plain jane) is a seperate tank (bottle) and atty (RBD). He just doesn't want the REO competition in it.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Honestly the way I read the OPs posts. He took the REO out of the picture with a fast dissmissive attitude because it is the one thing that really does give a provari a run for the money.

A REO is simply dripping. If he wants to go into seperate tanks and attys then even a RBD (which he allows as plain jane) is a seperate tank (bottle) and atty (RBD). He just doesn't want the REO competition in it.

Indian Saying: Never judge a man until you walk in his Mocassins

I'm a bottom feeder myself. I just don't see enough around to think that they are mainstream.
I took out all bottom feeders including Vmod and Bogger Box!

On the other hand I've changed the poll and now it says

If you are vaping on a bottom feeder and using a stick atomizer [Prebuilt] Definitely Yes
If you are vaping on a bottom feeder and using a RBA Above 1ohm [Borderline Either Way is Fine]

But for this post you just aren't going to convince me that Bottom Feeders are Plain Jane. Maybe in a few years.

Competition for Provari, My personal opinion is Bottom Feeding Rules. A Provari isn't in the same league as my Bogger Box Standard Bottom Feeder with a .6 Ohm RBA. [Reomizer 2]. I should mention that taste is subjective there is no right or wrong. My preference is Sub Ohm Vaping. That's my preference and I respect if you enjoy other levels of vaping. Provari can't' accept Atomizer under 1 Ohm or go above 3.5 Amps and my pleasure is far outside the performance of a Provari.

This post is not designed to build up the Provari or denigrate any device, I just want to see how many Plain Jane Vanilla Vapors there are. If you consider Reo Users to be a Plain Jane Vanilla Vapers, all the power to you, I just don't see it that way.

I respect your opinion, let's agree to disagree.

Last edited:

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Here is some real life data. I know 5 people including myself that Vape. (Not a large # i know) 1 that converted me, the rest are my converts. Out of that 4 use ego's (non twist) with either evod or iClear 16's. Even though they have seen that my SiD and tanks provide a better vape and more clouds compared to theirs and has a better battery they stick with the ego because they like its simplicity.
I don't put any pressure on them after pointing out the pros to mine because in the end all that matters is they Vape and not smoke.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Sounds like how vampires reproduce!

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
*sigh* This whole things reads to me as yet another put down towards a ProVari.

And honestly, I can't wrap my head around why these numbers even matter.
Vaping is about not smoking; that's "plain" enough for me.

Seriously. And using ProVari as a benchmark? Wouldn't an eGo or a cig-a-like be more appropriate since those are the most used devices?

Why all the ProVari hate? Why does anyone even CARE?? lol

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
"Someone had the audacity to question my figures. So what do you think, am I right."

I'm afraid that would be me. Sorry 'bout that. I completely misunderstood your statement. I thought you were trying to say that 70-90% of vapors were vaping at sub-ohms. Here is your statement:

"You'll probably be happy with the Provari if you plan to use it in Plain Jane Vanilla Vaping. Understand that it won't work in Sub Ohm Vaping and has a 3.5Amp limitation. 70-90% of the vaping community vape in these tolerances."

As I now see my mistake, I completely agree with you. Again, please accept my apology. Didn't mean to cause so much trouble!

best regards, larry mac

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
"Someone had the audacity to question my figures. So what do you think, am I right."

I'm afraid that would be me. Sorry 'bout that. I completely misunderstood your statement. I thought you were trying to say that 70-90% of vapors were vaping at sub-ohms. Here is your statement:

"You'll probably be happy with the Provari if you plan to use it in Plain Jane Vanilla Vaping. Understand that it won't work in Sub Ohm Vaping and has a 3.5Amp limitation. 70-90% of the vaping community vape in these tolerances."

As I now see my mistake, I completely agree with you. Again, please accept my apology. Didn't mean to cause so much trouble!

best regards, larry mac

No Worries, I see how I wrote it a little sloppy. I'm having fun with the threads anyway. It's interesting to hear everyones opinons and I'm very intrigued how the poll will come out.

I was also joking when I said "Someone had the Audacity". I'm a firm believer that I'm not an expert, just a hobbiest and there is always so much to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread