How many puffs per day do you average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
edit: The title is messed up and I'm not able to edit it, it should be "How many puffs per day do you average?"

This question is obviously only for those who might happen to have a puff counter on their device, as who else would bother to manually count their puffs?

My last device came with a puff counter, and I'd been using it disabled since I first received the device, but I turned it on about a day ago and I just checked my puff counter now and it's at 483. I am pretty much a chain vaper I guess.

I'm just curious, how many puffs per day on average do you do? Anybody in the quadruple digits per day?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't use puff counters. I hate them.. They are also meaningless as a way to keep track of vaping as everyone takes a different style of draw, and also, they're all different types of devices so it's kind of a worthless thing (IMHO as always).

A better way to keep track of vaping is by noting how much eliquid you go through in a day and it's nicotine level.

I don't need a puff counter to tell me I like to vape. I can consult myself, and come to the conclusion that I love vaping. I don't really care how many "puffs" I consume, much as I did not much care how much I smoked (3 ppd so you can be certain that everyone but *me* and especially my docs and loved ones, cared quite a bit.)

The puff counter road is a sure way to contract OCD, if you ask me. I just keep an ongoing note as far as how much eliquid I consume, but it really varies. For example, I've done not very much at all today. I vaped more, obviously. Later I will be doing yoga, and vaping less.

Unless one has some sort of circulatory disorder and/or heart condition, if you aren't getting nic sick, the amount of puffs, liquid etc. is kind of irrelevant (to me). I've gotten nic sick and I know when to take a break. I also use tons of devices.

I could see it being "interesting" I guess. And I guess one could have a puff count off, or something, but the only use I see in measuring that stuff is if you are actively trying to reduce nic, which may well be a worthy goal, but also a goal I'm not approaching at the moment, and if I were, I wouldn't use puff counters as my guide. Man, that approaches way too near "math" for my personal taste. LOL.

Anna

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I could see it being "interesting" I guess. And I guess one could have a puff count off, or something, but the only use I see in measuring that stuff is if you are actively trying to reduce nic, which may well be a worthy goal, but also a goal I'm not approaching at the moment, and if I were, I wouldn't use puff counters as my guide. Man, that approaches way too near "math" for my personal taste. LOL.

I agree that it's pretty much useless as any sort of accurate count or measure of how much somebody vapes, since some people might take many short puffs while others might prefer very long puffs where they inhale for many seconds to get a huge hit.

I first discovered my puff counter yesterday, hidden within some menu options and I just turned it on for curiosity I guess.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I have never looked at mine before, until now, nor have I reset it, but it says over 55,000 puffs since I got it in Oct. Some of those are obviously "dry burns" from cleaning but still that's probably about 260ish per day

That's 55,000 puffs that you didn't take from a cig! Those 55,000 puffs sounds like 55,000 positive things, imo.

My counter was turned off by default.

It seems as if yours was turned on by default. Perhaps different brands have different default settings for the counter. Mine is vaporesso.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
That's 55,000 puffs that you didn't take from a cig! Those 55,000 puffs sounds like 55,000 positive things, imo.

My counter was turned off by default.

It seems as if yours was turned on by default. Perhaps different brands have different default settings for the counter. Mine is vaporesso.

Agreed.

Mine is an HCigar VT75D (DNA 75C board)

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
  • Deleted by classwife

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
edit: The title is messed up and I'm not able to edit it, it should be "How many puffs per day do you average?"

This question is obviously only for those who might happen to have a puff counter on their device, as who else would bother to manually count their puffs?

My last device came with a puff counter, and I'd been using it disabled since I first received the device, but I turned it on about a day ago and I just checked my puff counter now and it's at 483. I am pretty much a chain vaper I guess.

I'm just curious, how many puffs per day on average do you do? Anybody in the quadruple digits per day?

300+ my main device now does not have a puff counter and to me that is good I considered the counter to be a challenge to beat (my old one had one)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Why does it matter?

And what is a "puff" anyway? Some people take dainty little puffs and others, well, they huff instead of puff, so comparing their counts would be rather meaningless.

Before my 150 was MTL. Now my 150 is DTL. My MTL was probably all 5.5 seconds. My DTL is probably mostly less. I was always 3ml/day. I'm probably more like 5ml a day now. I was 18mg. I'm presently 10mg (but have also been 0mg and my usage goes up when I do that).

The knowledge of my vaping habits is not to compare with anyone but me although when put together with the knowledge of everyone else it is of some interest.

And you have to admit a "puff" is a lot better than the survey question, "How many times do you 'use' your ecig in a day?"
Once, I use my ecig once a day, all day, every day.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Before my 150 was MTL. Now my 150 is DTL. My MTL was probably all 5.5 seconds. My DTL is probably mostly less. I was always 3ml/day. I'm probably more like 5ml a day now. I was 18mg. I'm presently 10mg (but have also been 0mg and my usage goes up when I do that).

The knowledge of my vaping habits is not to compare with anyone but me although when put together with the knowledge of everyone else it is of some interest.

And you have to admit a "puff" is a lot better than the survey question, "How many times do you 'use' your ecig in a day?"
Sure, but I think far better metrics than a puff count are: How many ml of juice does a person go through in a day, and what nic strength is that juice?

Once, I use my ecig once a day, all day, every day.
To paraphrase a famous politician from the 1990s: That depends what the meaning of the the word "use" is. ;)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Cleaning up
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread