How many puffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyPuffer

Feb 19, 2010
Richmond, VA
Hey everbody, This is my first post! :D This forum looks really great and I've already learned a lot of good info.

My question is: How many puffs from a PV roughly equal an "analog"?

I only smoke a few cigs a day, and I'd like to switch over totally to vaping. I usually take relatively small drags, and a light cig will last me about 7-10 minutes. I really like taking a break to get out into the fresh air for a while and enjoy a smoke... I'm just afraid of overloading myself with nicotine and don't want strengthen my dependence!

I should be getting my KR808 auto in the mail today from CigEasy with 16mg cartomizers and 24mg liquid refill (about the same strength I assume). About how many drags do you think it would take to roughly equal a light analog?

EasyPuffer

Feb 19, 2010
Richmond, VA
This question is like the tootsie pop... only the shadow knows...
Lol, is there a point like the 'crunch' when you just chug the juice directly? ;)

I guess I'm just a little apprehensive about all the different mg strengths available in juice... My instinct would have been to pick something lower, but I got the kind that came with the starter kit.

Oh well, I guess experimentation is the only accurate measure, but I was just trying to get a vague estimate. Hopefully I'll be able to play with it tonight... yesterday the post office "mis-routed" the package... I'm keeping my fingers crossed :yawn:

syndicate2083

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Massachusetts
Ouch.

Personally I had to try several different varients. I use 36mg like, when I wake up for a few puffs, and on the way home, general vaping in the 18-24mg range. It depends on the person though, some who smoked allot dont like the hit of a 36mg.

The real thing is how often your vaping, if you vape constantly and keep a semi low dose (11-18mg) youll end up equaling out with someone who vapes much less at higher doses.

You'll figure it out I'm sure. My comment, while totally awesome I know ;), was to illustrate that for each person that number is transient. Even amongst smokers, how many puffs you get off a smoke depends entirely on HOW you inhale, what brand you smoke (i.e. a winston burns slower than a marlby due to the saltpeter), etc. So its fairly personalized.

With juice you can really customize your experience to your individual habits, just takes some time to figure what makes you feel best :)

Drummel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
Sycamore, IL
Lol, is there a point like the 'crunch' when you just chug the juice directly? ;)

I guess I'm just a little apprehensive about all the different mg strengths available in juice... My instinct would have been to pick something lower, but I got the kind that came with the starter kit.

Oh well, I guess experimentation is the only accurate measure, but I was just trying to get a vague estimate. Hopefully I'll be able to play with it tonight... yesterday the post office "mis-routed" the package... I'm keeping my fingers crossed :yawn:

Everyone is different, but here's my general usage.

Morning on the way to work 24mg of choice.

Stealth vaping throughout the day 18mg

Drive home, back to 24mg again lately, cuz traffic sucks.

Home on a steady smooth vape all night 12mg unless I get a bigger craving.

I smoked between 1-2 packs of Sonoma's a day (After Marlboro Prices went up I ditched them for an off brand that was close)

EasyPuffer

Feb 19, 2010
Richmond, VA
It DID make it in the mail today!:D

Wow 8-o evidently the answer to my question is "less puffs than I thought" LOL. I feel freaking stoned! Are you sure nicotine is all they put in these? ;)

I guess I'll have to look for something to cut my bottle of juice with afterall so I can get some good long sessions out. I'll have to *suffer* through these carts 1st tho.

Keyzygirl, is straight VG something that can be found in a local store, or is it something that has to be mail-ordered too? I may just get some 0mg flavored stuff if I have to order anyway.

Anyway, it'll be an adjustment, but I can see why everybody is stopping smoking for these :)

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
If its making you feel stoned, its likely too high a nic strength for you. Be careful not to overdo it on that strength - might get some fun bathroom breaks or a headache. Maybe just a puff in the morning of those ones would be enough - I settled on 12mg as my comfort zone. I can deal with 24mg but too much makes me a bit crazy lol
It is a bit of a learning curve finding the right strength and flavors you love but you will get there; remember you probably didn't find 'your brand' of cig after a week either.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread