How many watts is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
I'm currently rocking an Aspire Atlantis on top of a IPV mini 30w mod. I love this set up! The flavor isn't quite as good as my subtank, but it's still great with nice clouds to boot. I vape Max VG juices at 3mg nic and keep the watts at 30. I have 4 18650 batteries that I rotate and so I'm never without power. I'm a chain vapor, especially if I'm working from home behind a computer.

My question is, how many watts is too many? There are so many mods out now with higher watts. I'm looking at getting a Delta II tank with the new IPV Mini V2 that goes up to 70 watts. I just remember rocking a MVP2 at 11 watts then a istick at 20 watts. How many is too many? There has got to be a threshold as to what is safe, right? How many watts can you vape before it's considered unsafe? I am just curious.

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
I have the IPV3 upgraded to 165 watts and have not fired it at the full wattage yet. You have to have a very low Ohm build to be able to fire the full 165 watts.
I have tested it at 130 watts but the highest I have ever hit it was at 75 watts and its not really a comfortable vape. Flavor starts to lack and its very warm but felt perfectly safe. I vape 20-40 watts on the regular depending on the topper/build.

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
I have the IPV3 upgraded to 165 watts and have not fired it at the full wattage yet. You have to have a very low Ohm build to be able to fire the full 165 watts.
I have tested it at 130 watts but the highest I have ever hit it was at 75 watts and its not really a comfortable vape. Flavor starts to lack and its very warm but felt perfectly safe. I vape 20-40 watts on the regular depending on the topper/build.

Thanks for sharing. I love your avatar by the way!

I am just curious when too many watts is too many. I've fired my Atlantis on my m50 upgraded to 65 watts (I freaking hate that box mod btw. It's horrible) at 40 watts and it seemed a bit too warm for my tastes. I am just curious if vaping nicotine or juice in general at higher watts can start to do harmful things.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I have the IPV3 as well, and like the previous post I've never vaped it very high..I run the Atlantis on it between 35-40w judging by how it vapes with different juices..but I also vape my dark horse RDA on it about 80-85w with a .25 ohm build..that's the highest I've tried it.. the beauty about my 150w IPV3 is its versatility, with enough power to dial in that perfect vape safely...[emoji39]

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
I have the IPV3 as well, and like the previous post I've never vaped it very high..I run the Atlantis on it between 35-40w judging by how it vapes with different juices..but I also vape my dark horse RDA on it about 80-85w with a .25 ohm build..that's the highest I've tried it.. the beauty about my 150w IPV3 is its versatility, with enough power to dial in that perfect vape safely...[emoji39]

Nice - now that I think about it, I suppose the answer to my question will be "vape whatever satisfies me and keeps me off tobacco." So far, 30 watts is doing this. The vape-nerd inside of me is wanting "more" but I want to do so safely.

It's like when I was really big into my car. I always wanted MORE.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Nice - now that I think about it, I suppose the answer to my question will be "vape whatever satisfies me and keeps me off tobacco." So far, 30 watts is doing this. The vape-nerd inside of me is wanting "more" but I want to do so safely.

It's like when I was really big into my car. I always wanted MORE.
Very true..but the 150w potential is nice..guess its like having the extra horsepower in that big car when you want to pass somebody..lol

Bjorhyn

Verified Member
Oct 20, 2014
Colorado
I suppose the answer to my question will be "vape whatever satisfies me and keeps me off tobacco."

Bingo!

I have a few really high powered mods, but I rarely, if ever, run it to the max.
However, I was hit pretty bad by "because I can syndrome" and built one of my drippers to run at 150w on my Sigelei.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

My question is, how many watts is too many? ...

When the Hit you get Tastes like this...

lwsm_foodport-111_593.jpg

... then you are using Too Many Watts.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
LOL I know exactly what you mean. I hit the Atlantis at 65watts just to see what happens...

Never again.

Yeah... And this is Also why it is Hard to Answer the Question of "How Many Watts is Too Much?"

Because for a Clearo, 15 Watts may be Too Many.

Where as for a Well Wicking RDA, 25 Watts may Not be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread