How much nicotine do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoughtfull1

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
nj
Hi everybody.

Question for you vapers with experience. Yesterday was the first day in 35 years that I have not smoked a cigarette! YAY ME! Can't believe it!
I have been a Marlboro Menthol Ultra light smoker for years. Yesterday I was vaping Johnson Creek high nicotine juice, and had absolutely no urge to smoke a regular cigarette, but I am consuming a lot more nicotine than what I am used to. I figure the high nicotine erased any urges, but I have noticed sort of a dull headache. I don't want to over do it with high nicotine, but I don't want to be tempted to smoke a regular cigarette either. Any input?
Thanks,
Gail

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com
Hi everybody.

Question for you vapers with experience. Yesterday was the first day in 35 years that I have not smoked a cigarette! YAY ME! Can't believe it!
I have been a Marlboro Menthol Ultra light smoker for years. Yesterday I was vaping Johnson Creek high nicotine juice, and had absolutely no urge to smoke a regular cigarette, but I am consuming a lot more nicotine than what I am used to. I figure the high nicotine erased any urges, but I have noticed sort of a dull headache. I don't want to over do it with high nicotine, but I don't want to be tempted to smoke a regular cigarette either. Any input?
Thanks,
Gail

How much are you using now?

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com
That's where I started (lowered to 11-12mg now) but if you are getting a headache from it you might want to lower it to 18mg. Just get the same flavor and if 18mg seems to low you could mix the two to get somewhere in between.

I used to get headaches from 24mg if I was vaping too much. I would also get a bit lightheaded. I lowered to 18mg and I was just fine.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
12-18mg here from Malrb Ultra lights pack a day. Headaches are bad btw - too much nic will give you a headache. You dont have to vape 24mg all day to get rid of urges just now n again, and a little wont give you a headache. You don't want headaches - or upset tummy either another effect of too much nic. Try saving hte 24mg for the 'Oh god I need to smoke' times nd get something lower for the habit part :)

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com
Yea I that is what I think as well. It seems to be working for me. The only problem I am having is that after I eat I seem to want a "real" smoke has any one else had this issue and how did you handle it.

I kinda had that feeling the first week or so. I just vaped like crazy till the urge went away. In time it should pass. :)

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Yea I that is what I think as well. It seems to be working for me. The only problem I am having is that after I eat I seem to want a "real" smoke has any one else had this issue and how did you handle it.
I had one tbh.
When I first started with my PV I didnt quit right away - I didnt INTEND to quit at all - I just wanted to smoke less. So I smoked when I wanted to, (the ones I actually enjoyed) and vaped the rest of the time (the habit ones).
After about a week I found I was smoking less n less and vaping more.
After about 10 days I wasn't smoking at all.
Don't rush yourself, do what FEELS right for you.
Imo its a bad idea to say to yourself 'cigs are now banned!' cos that immediately gives them power over you;(if I tell you NOT to think of a giraffe, what do you immediately think about?)
Have one when you want one, and vape the rest of the time. Any less than you smoke now is good right?
Soon you'll probably be craving the vaping anyways - and if you aren't don't worry about it. Take your TIME :)

Oh and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread