How much voltage can an ecig deliver safely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I am surprised to hear that 6V is not intense enough for you. What kind of atomizer and e-liquid are you using?

Typically 5V should be strong enough to deliver an effective vape from most regular atomizers. 6V and especially 7.4V really require an HV (i.e., high-resistance) atomizer. Even 3.7V with an LR (low-resistance) atomizer can deliver a sweet-spot experience. [In addition, the same brand atomizers with the same published resistance vary. For example, the most recent Joye 510 atty I received is not nearly as effective as one I've been using for months. You'd think it would be the other way around.]

Also some mods are more effective in utilizing the voltage from the batteries they contain. [For example, within the world of 3.7V, my Provape-1 delivers a more intense hit than my DSE905, even though they both use the 14500 battery.]

And, as I mentioned at the top, not all e-liquids (even at the same nicotine level) are created equal. Experiment to see which you like best.

I do not think we will be seeing even higher voltage mods coming out. 7.4V already is plenty strong enough to burn out atomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread