Status
Not open for further replies.

Algernon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
www.flickr.com
Whenever one starts to get weak I put in the dirty jar. At the end of the week I take however many are in there and clean them and put them in the clean jar, and cycle until one dies.

When one dies, I put a new atomizer in rotation. I normally have 4 in rotation but since I just got a new shipment, I've now got 5 so I can try out one of my newer ones.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I rarely use an atomizer any more. I use Boge cartomizers. When I used an atomizer all the time I swapped to a clean one on the weekend and cleaned the dirty one. I also always have one or 2 spares in case one atomizer degraded or died.

Now I only use atomizers to drip occasionally for testing juices or vaping a juice I don't want to put in a carto. I only clean when the taste or performance is degraded and other then that I just blow it out occasionally, mainly when switching juices.

Ninurta

Apr 5, 2011
Euless tx
My vapor-cherry popped in mid March of this year, and I gots to comment on cartomizers. I use one for a few days, then when the draw gets too stiff I chuck it into a jar. Once I have a good size stash I soak em all in vodka for a full 24 hours, or longer if I forget. Blow them out reaaeaaaally good, then let them dry for another full day or so. They gotta be bone-dry though before using them. Any grain alcohol will do, but it has to be grain alcohol. Cheap vodka is a good choice, as it won't leave stuff on the coil, which is very bad. I am still using 6 catomizers that have been cleaned this way twice already, and as long as one doesnt crank them down too hard, thus pushing the connection extension (scratches record) up into the carto, you're good to go. Atty's are real simple, just blow on them through the mouth-end into a paper towel or whatever every day, but you could also soak them in vodka.

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
I rarely use an atomizer any more. I use Boge cartomizers.

Yep I only use them when I am testing a new flavor I have not committed too. I think I still have my original (3). They get a soak and cleaning in Everclear ever now and again.

Finding a carto that works for you is a Godsend.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Like the title says, how often do you change/clean/replace your atomizer. Do you clean and dry it once a week, every few carts? Only when you change to a new juice flavor? Lemmie know :)

Clean: Blow it out at least once per day. Often, hot water rinse (every other day??).
Change: New one every month, old one goes into the "still working, used bin" unless it pops.
I just blow it out between flavors.

Oh, I vape at 5 volts too.... harder on atties. 3.0 ohm joye 510's.

Lilian

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
Home of Sidney Crosby:)
I try to clean it(with hot water and blow out) once a week, but I use the same liquid(waiting for my e-liquids order:))

I use 2 atoms, on one of them I got the smoke smell, dropped in to vodka for about 30 min, cleaned with running hot water, then blew it out and left to dry. After 24 hours or so tried it - and it was good to go!

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I clean/chance/replace attys as needed. I toss attys when they die which has only happened 4 times in 9 months. I soak in 91% iso alcohol, let dry over night and dry burn when they get sluggish which may be after a weeks use or it may be after 2 or 3 weeks as it varies each time I use an atty. I don't change attys for different flavors unless its a really strong flavor like coffees or cinnamon. I only blow my attys out as needed if I manage to flood them which doesn't happen very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread