How to clean atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattoodmommy

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
Michigan
I just upgraded my PV from a Blu Cig to an 18650 E-power. I'm using atomizers, with 510 cartridges on top,which I love actually. But I have never used them before, so I am wanting to know, how often do I clean them, how do I clean them, and How do I know when they need cleaned? The e-juice I use is normally VG or PG/VG mix. and light in color. I also vape quite a bit, I mean not a lot, but I guess I would be called a moderate vapor. So if anyone can help me, I would appreciate it, Thanks a lot.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
There are hundreds of posts out there and hundreds of methods. I haven't tried all of these but, the methods that I can think of off the top of my head I've seen recommended are:

• Dry burns alone or followed by running under the faucet.
  • Soaks sometimes preceeded by a dry burn or two in Everclear, PG, lemon juice, tooth whitening stuff. I've even seen ppl recommend isopropyl alchohol and bleach. Don't do that! DO NOT SOAK IN ANY TOXIC SUBSTANCE!!!
  • Denture cleaning tablets

If you go on youtube and search, you'll probably find a few more. Most of the above will probably work. Just don't soak in anything toxic. I also don't recommend tap water to avoid the minerals. Use distilled, if you want to use water.

I use a modified version of what the guys does in the video below to clean a cartomizer. I got the syringe thing for less than $2 at Wal-Mart. I do a couple dry burns first and I use distilled water brought to a boil in the microwave. After the cleaning, I blow it out and do a dry burn or two to dry it out. I usually do this weekly. I think I like this method because it's ready to go fast and if you do it in a white bowl, you can see the tiny specks of carbon.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread