how to clean o rings and tanks the proper way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
ok i was just thinking of what i could share on these forums for others to use and help them with their vaping experience. Then it hit me. ok ill start with how i learned this. a while back about a year and a half ago i had an Xbox elite 360 that i sold so i could buy me a washer and dryer for my house. well the only thing wrong with the Xbox was the disc tray would refuse to come out and go back in. well that got me researching and i found there is an o ring that is used as a belt to drive one of the gears that make the tray come out. well ill stop on the Xbox story and move into the ecig part. if you have a tank setup with o rings and they seem to leak after many cleanings and uses here is a great trick that will bring the elasticity back in the rings and make them seal better like new. after many uses the o rings loose their ability to contract back to their regular size and thus makes a poor seal in a tank causing leaking and whatnot. so in order to fix this you need to shock the o rings with temperature change
first step is run all the o rings under hot water to just clean any liquid off them.
then take all the rings and drop them into a pot of BOILING water real hot let them dance around in the boiling water for about a minute
then take them out by fishing them with a fork or something and them immediately drop them into a cup or bowl of ice water very cold ice water and then dry them off and that's it.
now install the rings back onto your setup and they will be tighter and cling better making a great seal
i normally do this with my rings every other cleaning of the tank so they always seal real good.
i promise this works well and by the way after doing that with my Xbox and carefully replacing the warranty sticker which was still intact it worked like a charm got 350 bucks out of the Xbox and the guy never knew it was in pieces the day before :laugh:

Crazed trucker

Mar 23, 2014
Hershey,PA
ok i was just thinking of what i could share on these forums for others to use and help them with their vaping experience. Then it hit me. ok ill start with how i learned this. a while back about a year and a half ago i had an Xbox elite 360 that i sold so i could buy me a washer and dryer for my house. well the only thing wrong with the Xbox was the disc tray would refuse to come out and go back in. well that got me researching and i found there is an o ring that is used as a belt to drive one of the gears that make the tray come out. well ill stop on the Xbox story and move into the ecig part. if you have a tank setup with o rings and they seem to leak after many cleanings and uses here is a great trick that will bring the elasticity back in the rings and make them seal better like new. after many uses the o rings loose their ability to contract back to their regular size and thus makes a poor seal in a tank causing leaking and whatnot. so in order to fix this you need to shock the o rings with temperature change
first step is run all the o rings under hot water to just clean any liquid off them.
then take all the rings and drop them into a pot of BOILING water real hot let them dance around in the boiling water for about a minute
then take them out by fishing them with a fork or something and them immediately drop them into a cup or bowl of ice water very cold ice water and then dry them off and that's it.
now install the rings back onto your setup and they will be tighter and cling better making a great seal
i normally do this with my rings every other cleaning of the tank so they always seal real good.
i promise this works well and by the way after doing that with my Xbox and carefully replacing the warranty sticker which was still intact it worked like a charm got 350 bucks out of the Xbox and the guy never knew it was in pieces the day before :laugh:

That's Awsome to know. I bought a I Clear X1 last week, wanted to change juices so I washed whole setup. (2days ago) today it seems to be leaking thru the post where it connects to the battery. Made a hella mess on/in my VTR. Cleaned that best I could, and put new atty in. If it doesn't leak tomorrow I know what the culprit is.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
That's Awsome to know. I bought a I Clear X1 last week, wanted to change juices so I washed whole setup. (2days ago) today it seems to be leaking thru the post where it connects to the battery. Made a hella mess on/in my VTR. Cleaned that best I could, and put new atty in. If it doesn't leak tomorrow I know what the culprit is.
yea try this with the o rings i bet it will help also just a side note i just cleaned my tank again with this same method and boiled the chrome end caps to the tanks and the o rings and stuff well i also tried to clean the drip tip with the boiling water ended up melting it so just for future reference don't clean the plastic drip tips in boiling water but who knows i may have accidentally hovered it over the burner for too long and melted it as well but got my tank clean as a whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread