Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association

6bb0cd142a349951b86f31892338f23f.jpg

How much did you smoke and for how long?

Cheers
I

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
Honestly here is what you want to start off. I still use this setup today. An eleaf 30W is a great device. You will probably use it for about a year or so. Get started with a kanger subtank mini. Here is why: The coils are generally pretty decent. Easy to take apart and clean. The airflow is wonderful and you can change it to your liking. It is a solid device for beginners. Then when you are ready to do rebuildables you have a great starting point with the rba for the STM. Now juices, I hate to say that is on you and your preferences, are you a tobacco, desert, menthol, fruit, or mint person? I would try Mountain Oak Vapors line of liquids. They have a great consistency and basically what you read in the description is what you are getting. Hope this helps you.

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
433 miles north. of the Alamo
Hello, everyone. I was introduced to the electronic cigarettes for the first time, who can guide me how to detect the good one from the chaotic market? which features and cases should i care about?
Im really appreciate it.:)
I take it you are pretty much completely new to vaping. If that is true IMHO the Kanger Kbox Mini starter kit is pretty hard to beat Just add a good juice & a sony or samaung battery & you are set & ready to vape. There are many that may out perform it but for ease of getting started it is pretty hard to beat. Also look at some reviews on you tube. May not cover what you want but at least you can get an idea how the stuff works.

Reactions: skullblade789

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Hello, everyone. I was introduced to the electronic cigarettes for the first time, who can guide me how to detect the good one from the chaotic market? which features and cases should i care about?

In my opinion quality counts. I tried a large number of highly recommended items that I ended up getting rid of. I learned you get what you pay for. Getting low grade stuff ended up costing me more than getting the good stuff.

I wish I had bought a Provari V2.5 on day one instead of the dozens and dozens of items before that. Now there is the V3 but I am content with the V2.5.

Reactions: madangus

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Reactions: rebeccazfh

rebeccazfh

Nov 30, 2015
You want a quality device that lasts without needing to buy a separate battery charger and separate batteries go with an Innokin Coolfire 4 and i believe they just came out with a new one with a larger battery capacity.

It is a very well engineered device and works really well , if you want cheap with no warranty Eleaf makes some mods but they are cheap all the way around .

You don't have to spend Provari type money to get a good device , i have mods in the $50.00 - $60.00 dollar range that i have been using for years , no issues whatsoever.

The Innokin MVP serious are great devices as well . I have a few Ipv 60 watt devices that are very reliable and have lasted a very long time .

OK , i am going to give you a link to some great mods that are very cheap :

You have the iPV 2X which is a 60 watt device and a iPV 2S , both are great and last a long time , you also have the iPV mini 70 watt device , all for $39.95 that is a steal .

You will need to buy a charger and batteries though but they are worth it , most places charge $80.00 + for these mods.

Deals are still good , your welcome lol.

Black Friday Deals on vape gear
Thank you for your abandunt information. i will consider what you guys say and make a decision.

Reactions: herb

rebeccazfh

Nov 30, 2015
Honestly here is what you want to start off. I still use this setup today. An eleaf 30W is a great device. You will probably use it for about a year or so. Get started with a kanger subtank mini. Here is why: The coils are generally pretty decent. Easy to take apart and clean. The airflow is wonderful and you can change it to your liking. It is a solid device for beginners. Then when you are ready to do rebuildables you have a great starting point with the RBA for the STM. Now juices, I hate to say that is on you and your preferences, are you a tobacco, desert, menthol, fruit, or mint person? I would try Mountain Oak Vapors line of liquids. They have a great consistency and basically what you read in the description is what you are getting. Hope this helps you.
Thank you for your detailed information, i will make a decision according to your guys suggestion. Heartfelt thanks.

Reactions: skullblade789

rebeccazfh

Nov 30, 2015
There's really no right number of air holes. You could have 5 air holes that are so small they wouldn't deliver enough air flow. The tank I use now has one air hole, but it is big enough and well made enough to give me plenty of air flow. One of my first starter kits had three or four air holes in it but the holes were so tiny they were always getting clogged and that reduced the air flow. I went to a vape shop and asked them what was wrong with my e cig. The owner explained that he could fix the problem by using a drill to enlarge the holes. He used the drill, fixed the problem and didn't charge me a dime.
i got an great idea inspired by you.I will by one with ten air holes, i can modify it in my preference. If one or two clogged, i have the other to air.Hahaha, thank you!;)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
You want a quality device that lasts without needing to buy a separate battery charger and separate batteries go with an Innokin Coolfire 4 and i believe they just came out with a new one with a larger battery capacity.

It is a very well engineered device and works really well , if you want cheap with no warranty Eleaf makes some mods but they are cheap all the way around .

You don't have to spend Provari type money to get a good device , i have mods in the $50.00 - $60.00 dollar range that i have been using for years , no issues whatsoever.

The Innokin MVP serious are great devices as well . I have a few Ipv 60 watt devices that are very reliable and have lasted a very long time .

OK , i am going to give you a link to some great mods that are very cheap :

You have the iPV 2X which is a 60 watt device and a iPV 2S , both are great and last a long time , you also have the iPV mini 70 watt device , all for $39.95 that is a steal .

You will need to buy a charger and batteries though but they are worth it , most places charge $80.00 + for these mods.

Deals are still good , your welcome lol.

Black Friday Deals on vape gear

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I take it you are pretty much completely new to vaping. If that is true IMHO the Kanger Kbox Mini starter kit is pretty hard to beat Just add a good juice & a sony or samaung battery & you are set & ready to vape. There are many that may out perform it but for ease of getting started it is pretty hard to beat. Also look at some reviews on you tube. May not cover what you want but at least you can get an idea how the stuff works.

I don't know about the specific Kanger kit Butch recommended, but I loved my Kanger starter kit. You want something that is easy to use and that will allow you to get enough air flow so you can easily vape. You should go to a vape shop and ask for their advice. I would also advise you to get two starter kits so you can vape one while the other charges. Be sure and buy the wall adapter to use with the usb charging cord. The wall adapter is cheap, about $5 - $7 and it will make your e cig last longer.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA

Hi Rebecca. Can you tell us about your introduction to e-cigarettes? Do you know what kind of device you used? How did you like it?

It's a pretty diverse crowd here, and you'll get a lot of opinions. You can spend a lot, or spend a little; there are good values at different price points. You can directly fill your lungs with thick clouds of warm vapor, or a have a more puffing mouth-to-lung experience that's not so flashy. If you can state what you're looking for and what you might prefer to try, you'll get more targeted advice.

Also, the E-Liquid forum is more about the filler than the kit. Other forums might be a better place to scout for hardware. But feel free to answer here if you like.

rebeccazfh

Nov 30, 2015
Thank you for you advice, Butch. I wanna know whether it is truely useful for body health by using E-cigarette to replace traditional one in your opinion?

rebeccazfh

Nov 30, 2015
In my opinion quality counts. I tried a large number of highly recommended items that I ended up getting rid of. I learned you get what you pay for. Getting low grade stuff ended up costing me more than getting the good stuff.

I wish I had bought a Provari V2.5 on day one instead of the dozens and dozens of items before that. Now there is the V3 but I am content with the V2.5.
mostly you can not get what you pay if you dont know it well. But i will consider your advice. Thank you!

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
mostly you can not get what you pay if you dont know it well. But i will consider your advice. Thank you!

I have literally spent thousands on stuff they I either gave away or three away I would have been much cheaper for me to go high end from the start.

There are a lot of good directions to go, some are drillers, others want tanks, some want plug and play, some like things like the REO. There are a lot of viable directions but when cheap comes up in the conversation I found out the hard way to stay away.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Do you think which is better?could you give me some opinions? Thank you!

Blends are best; I use 70 (or 60)%PG/30 (40)%VG.

My favorite setup for anybody--iStick 30 or Cool Fire 4 or Heatvape Defender 36W with any of the Eleaf GS Air tanks (Eleaf GS Tank, 3 ml, is perhaps my favorite). Inexpensive and dependable with room to grow.

Good luck!

rebeccazfh

Nov 30, 2015
I don't know about the specific Kanger kit Butch recommended, but I loved my Kanger starter kit. You want something that is easy to use and that will allow you to get enough air flow so you can easily vape. You should go to a vape shop and ask for their advice. I would also advise you to get two starter kits so you can vape one while the other charges. Be sure and buy the wall adapter to use with the usb charging cord. The wall adapter is cheap, about $5 - $7 and it will make your e cig last longer.
Thank you for your thoughtful advice. In general, how many air flow should have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread