How to dilute e-juice and various questions. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00gym4n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
I just purchased the premium DIY kit and flavorings.

I'm a bit confused on what to do next. Let's say I want to make 12mg 50/50 e-juice. Do I purchase 60mg unflavored nicotine than dilute it with pure unflavored pg & vg to make it 12mg? Or do I just get the 50/50 12mg nicotine already mixed... Also wouldn't drops affect the volume...

Please I'm so confused and I have a ton of equipment that I don't want to go to waste.

I just need the basic lay down for mixing. I can do the detailed research on my own.

Thanks in advance.

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
You're on the right general path. I suggest you download a good juice calculator or use Ahlusion's online juice calc. You can fiddle with the values to see exactly what you need to do. I get 60mg PG and mix it down to 6mg 50pg/50vg. Some of that is the PG-based flavoring, unless I'm doing unflavored. The calculators let you factor in the flavorings.

Oh, do NOT get the 100mg nic unless you are VERY comfortable with working around hazardous/poisonous liquids. I think the 60mg is about the highest level you would want to start with. Of course, you could get a bottle of the lower mg like you mentioned, but the flavorings you add will bring down the overall nic mg slightly - this is even easier and safer, but not as cheap.

Last edited:

b00gym4n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Thanks for your input.

I found the website you were referring to, but generally speaking, when you're mixing your 60mg PG and mix it down to 6mg 50/50 are you just adding a bunch of unflavored no nic VG to get to that # excluding flavorings?

I'm thinking I should just purchase this http://ejuice4u.com/18-mg-unflavored-nicotine-base/ it's 18mg already 50/50 mix and with flavorings it will prolly go down to 14-16mg to start off. Once I establish the basic s maybe I can purchase pures and mix my own?

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
Yeah, I get 100% PG 60mg nic and then dilute it with non-nic PG and VG to get the final strength and ratio that I want. It's also helpful to have the PG and VG for diluting pre-mixed juices - I have some Niquid Sinthol in 18mg and I dilute it down to 9mg because the flavor and strength is too strong for my preferences. Sometimes I will get 12mg pre-mixed and do the same thing.

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread