How to ease stiff draw on Stardust conehead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damper

Feb 22, 2012
Norway
I have two of them - really like them, except the tight draw. I seem to get a slightly better airflow with thinner, 100% PG juice...?
I have orderes in for a few more, and when they arrive, I will experiment with extending the airslots in the (eGo) threading - battery end - make them a little deeper. Will post back if it has any positive effect. Have not been vaping for long, so this will be my first attempt to modify anything. Anyone else tried to modify the draw on this??

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
With the metal ring removed from the Stardust, it becomes apparent why this carto gives a stiff draw on SOME batteries.

It's because some batteries have the the eGo cone threads higher up and this creates a seal against the base of the carto. The absolute fix for this is to grind away some of the eGo threads on the battery. Of course, this makes the battery unusable with a cone, but if one is committed to using the Stardust as I am, or doesn't care about using a cone, this WILL do the trick. Works if one is using a 510 to eGo adapter on a mod as well.

Might try slotting the eGo threads with a dremel since this may still allow for a cone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread