How to empty/refill pre-filled carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beez

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
My husband and I have just placed our first e-cig orders (eGo's). But the kit comes with pre-filled carts that are quite different from what we needed (and we were told by the rep at myvaporstore that they would not exchange them for a preferred type). Since we ordered 4 kits, we're about to receive 20 pre-filled carts that will be useless to us (we smoke menthol ultra lights and we are getting regular/high carts) :facepalm:

Soooooo....trying to keep those from being a complete waste of hard-earned money, I would like to at least get a use from the carts (minus the malboro/high juice!). This may seem an obvious answer to most of you, so I thought it was better to ask and be certain than to guess and waste carts!

The Beez

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
First of all, welcome to the forum Beez! You need to order some mint or menthol flavored juice quick, quick! The filler in those carts can be removed with tweezers, rinsed out under running water, squeezed dry with a paper towel and reinserted in the cartridge. Trim off any "hairs" that protrude above the cartridge lip and add drops of your own liquid to them. You could also just throw the filler away and refill with blue foam or a pyramid tea bag. Look under cart mods. Another idea would be to keep the juice thats in the carts and just add a drop or two of a menthol flavored juice to them. That way you don't waste the juice.

Beez

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Dee (for the welcome and the advice)! I had wondered if adding in drops of menthol would work ( that liquid is also on the way here), but I wasn't sure if there would be room in the cart or if there was a way to put enough to reduce the nicotine (no sense upping my usual dose by 200%+ LOL). I ordered some pure VG, so maybe a combo of menthol and plain VG?). It does seem sad to waste it.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
If you want to keep/use the juice, get a syringe, pull the filler plugs out of the carts and put them in the syringe and squize the juice out into a container. Then wash& dry the filler for reuse. Or pull it out and trash can it, the carts can be used many times with different fillers. If the juice is menthol, it will work good with many juices, if it is a cig flavor, most would just tossit.

I got a 3 ML syringe from Madvapes that seems to do the trick pretty good. Make sure you dont squish the cotton though or it wont vape right. Usually i just fill it up til the top looks glittery but not flooded. After you flood a few you learn quickly when enough is in the cart. If it sound like your bubbling chocolate milk in a glass when you puff you flooded it.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
First of all, welcome to the forum Beez! You need to order some mint or menthol flavored juice quick, quick! The filler in those carts can be removed with tweezers, rinsed out under running water, squeezed dry with a paper towel and reinserted in the cartridge. Trim off any "hairs" that protrude above the cartridge lip and add drops of your own liquid to them. You could also just throw the filler away and refill with blue foam or a pyramid tea bag. Look under cart mods. Another idea would be to keep the juice thats in the carts and just add a drop or two of a menthol flavored juice to them. That way you don't waste the juice.

+1
Dee5 has given great advice. No reason to throw the filler away though. If you decide to try the mainland blue u foam or the pyramid tea bag, you will will still have the cart filler as a back up. I have found that for the times I use carts I like to use fluval. The Blue U and the Fluval are aquarium type filters.
You should have room enough in the carts to add a couple drops of your menthol into the cart.
Place a toothpick between the filler and the cart wall and as you drip your e-liquid onto the filler move the toothpick back and forth to help it absorb. Do this until the filler is glossy on top.
Good luck and hope you enjoy e-cigs as much as we do!

ChloeEranu

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Laurel, MT
I too was a menthol smoker (Marlboro Smooths) and knew that I would not like the flavor of tobacco in the prefilled carts. What I did was order mint and menthol juices (wasn't sure what the difference would be in taste) in low and high strengths and then added a few drops of mint to the atomizer to add sort of a menthol flavor to the already existing tobacco. Then I kept topping off the tobacco with either mint or menthol depending on my mood (or desired nic strength) as needed. Worked well for me, but YMMV.

I also wouldn't recommend rinsing all of them all out right away. I've seen some people post that they were ultra light smokers or less than 1 PAD smokers that couldn't quite quit analogs until they upped their nic levels. Of course, the opposite is true for others - they were heavy smokers and can't vape anything higher than 12mg. As others have mentioned, cartridges can be washed/rinsed and reused many times. I've been using the same 3 cartridges for the past (nearly) 3 weeks. This is another reason why you may want to wait to wash them out until you are sure you won't need the higher nic.

Now, note that my suggestions are highly biased because I'm a broke college student that can't bear the thought of wasting anything.. whether it be 1 ml of juice or 1 plastic spork :laugh:

~C

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Also - buy yourself some precut blue foam cart stuffing from strictlyejuice.com (I was not thrilled with their juices but the precuts are a great price - 75 cents for 10 pieces). When your white cart stuffing gets annoying (clumpy or nor wicking well) you could try replacing with a blue foam precut piece (put narrower tapered end in first). I love the blue foam. Easy in/out, easy to wash and pat dry. I have been using the same blue foam in one cart for almost 2 months (I cut it down for my M401). I just wash it and pat dry w/ a paper towel once and a while if thick juice collects in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread