The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How to keep SS decal from rubbing off?

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by patrickmurphy, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. patrickmurphy

patrickmurphy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    san francisco
    I have two Royales and I think they're my favorite. They look so classy. Over time though, the pretty blue crown and "Smoke Stik Royale" lettering rubs away. One of them lost it's decal rather quickly, unfortunately, and I finger-nailed the rest off so it would look 'clean'. The other one maintained it's decal integrity a lot longer (with the same pattern of use). However, I noticed today that one of the letters is beginning to go and I was wondering if any of you have found something that I could use to coat the battery over the letters so they don't rub off.:(

2. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    Not that I know of as I have never tried it....but I can tell you that ejuice will certainly take it's toll on the paint. IE: refilling your cartos. That said...you might try come clear top coat type nail polish....or better yet.....put a piece of tape over both ends and use a spray on clearcoat. The type they sell for finishing artwork,watercolor paintings etc.

Obviously this will also void any warranty on the batteries but since your already refilling and modding the cartos.....it can't hurt at this point. :)

3. patrickmurphy

Nov 16, 2010
    san francisco
    Thanks for the advice. LOL on the voided warranty... as soon as one of my bejeweled ones 'dies', I'm going to nab the crystal and make myself a jeweled Jet.

eta to ask:

I don't yet have a Jet. Always wanted one because black is Cool and would love if someday there is a jewel Jet, but I'm curious - what color is the LED on the Jet?

4. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    the LED on the Jet is actually orange....dude....it rocks with a dead Royale crystal on the end of it. :)

5. patrickmurphy

Nov 16, 2010
    san francisco
    That is very good news indeed. I was hoping it was orange. Now my only "problem" is that none of my batteries seems anywhere near death. I've got 1 pitbull, 2 hendus, 4 golds, 4 Royales (I have some 'spares' stored away). I might be an old man by the time I get to try this.

BTW, I tried a variation of your clearcoat idea. I taped off everything but the decal and then sprayed hair spray over it. It seems to be working, plus it added an attractive sheen to the gold one I tried it on.

6. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    hmmm...that is a good idea. But I have some good news for you.......rumor has it that we will be introducing a couple new batteries soon.....and although I don't actually have one in my hand yet so it isn't confirmed.....my reliable source in Hollywood says that one of them will definately be the same size as the Pitbull but black enamel.....with a red jewel. Mr Quaid has not decided what he wants to name it yet but as soon as he does I'll let you know. :)

so you wont have to scavange any of your batteries ......just buy more!!! LOL

7. patrickmurphy

Nov 16, 2010
    san francisco
    Oh. My. God. That's perfect.

CAN'T WAIT!

(I'll still love my regular Jet, which is on it's way, lol)

8. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    hehe

I know the name.....but they are still on the FedEx truck.....so I am not sure I can divulge (sp?) it yet......LOL

9. patrickmurphy

Nov 16, 2010
    san francisco
    Mr. Quaid has decided? Halleluia. I have money burning a hole in my pocket. It needs to be spent on this wonderful new thing.

10. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    ok......ok.......I don't want to see you spontaineously combust....LOL

It is called the "CENSORED".......the only thing left to be decided before it goes public is the charity that Mr Quaid would like to donate the profits too. He is very active in supporting numerous charities...like all SmokeStik celebs.....so we are just waiting for that decision. Then....I guess it will be time for a contest. :)

11. Biomom

Biomom Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2010
    Washington, DC
    "Q" was one of my favorite sci fi characters (arrogant, mischievous, omnipotent). :)

I can totally understand wanting to save SS batteries. The jewels are very high quality as are the batteries. I remember the thread of ideas for a jewel for the jet; looks like Mr. Quaid agreed coincidently with me =D The Pit Bull is a great length (balance, charge, vapor, classy look), although it is long enough for me to accidently knock the bar to my wipers while driving.

12. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    Oh no!!!! Vaping and driving???? One more thing for the FDA to rant about.....LOL!

13. HyOnLyph

HyOnLyph Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Wink wink.... don't forget to tell him about us..... wink wink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.