How to measure what is considered heavy/moderate vaping etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Every how many minutes? I think you left out the number.

It is subjective. I consider light to be somebody who can only vape on smoke breaks, or maybe someone who takes 3 drags every 15 min? I consider moderate to be more like a the equivalent of a pack a day, maybe even 1.5 packs? Heavy to be somewhere between moderate and constant.

Last edited:

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
hi pelachile, that sounds like a lot to me... but if you're vaping 0 nicotine -- well then, enjoy :)

If you have concerns about too much nicotine, then I would suggest you vape in the same manner you used to smoke... For example, I used to have a cig every hour when I was home - at work, I would wait until lunch time to grab a smoke, and I would take a break in the late afternoon too.

I am trying to keep the same schedule, although sometimes tasty flavors keep me vaping longer than I intend to ;-)

I did start sort of chainvaping and I read here on the forums that maybe I did not have a high enough nic strength... and they suggested I increase my nic strength... but I don't want to go up -- so I am going to stick with the level I am at (12mg).

I hope that helps.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
My pv used to be like a 3rd appendage, vaping my .... off, when I first started vaping. I just went with the flow until I was comfortable that I had kicked my analog addiction, which took about 3 weeks. I am over 2 months into vaping now and went from 24mg. during the day, to 18mg. and in the evenings, I vape 12mg or lower, just for the relaxation aspect and flavors that I enjoy so much. So, what *I* am getting at is, if you feel you need to vape more to curb your need for an analog, then just go with the flow. Your body will tell you when it's ready to drop the nic level and the amount of vaping that you do.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Like dc2 said, the easiest way to track it is by how many ml you go through per day and at what mg nicotine is that?

For example, the average vaper goes through 3ml of 24mg juice per day. (ps: if you use carts, the average cart will hold about .5 ml - so the average vaper would use 6 in a day)

edit: I think the kr808 cartos hold 1ml.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I can use between 3-6mls of juice per day. It just depends on how busy I get and how high my stress levels are. I'd say that amount is about average, but you also have to consider that I drip with a 3.7V mod and a LR atty. So, I'm probably going through juice a little faster than people who aren't using a mod. I go through juice even faster if I bump to 5 or 6V.

My pv used to be like a 3rd appendage, vaping my .... off, when I first started vaping. I just went with the flow until I was comfortable that I had kicked my analog addiction, which took about 3 weeks. I am over 2 months into vaping now and went from 24mg. during the day, to 18mg. and in the evenings, I vape 12mg or lower, just for the relaxation aspect and flavors that I enjoy so much. So, what *I* am getting at is, if you feel you need to vape more to curb your need for an analog, then just go with the flow. Your body will tell you when it's ready to drop the nic level and the amount of vaping that you do.

Yuppers, I think that is exactly what I was trying to get at. I just thought I was vaping too much. I went through a 6ml bottle in two days. So I am just gonna go with the flow as you said, great advice. Not to worried about the cost the savings just yet, I'm more worried about the health savings.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
If you have to roll down the windows in your car: You might be a heavy vapor

Megasmoke.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread