The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How to remove scratches ?

Discussion in 'The GG' started by j3suss, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. j3suss

j3suss Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    N/A
    Hello friends!

I have several mods GG shine and want to know when your mods have small scratches or scrapes how you can fix ?
    I know a person who knows how to polish is easy, but I do not know polish.

Thank you all.

Greetings .

2. Jethead

Jethead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia
  3. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    Sharkhide polish with a good cloth will get out minor scratches/swirl marks.

4. Kotso

Kotso Full Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Germany
    Depp scratches are removable with wetsandind paper. Start always from thinnest like 2000 sandpaper. But remember every "hard"polishing also removes the deppness of the engravings on your mods. They are getting lighter from polish to polish. When you want to polish a mod in a professionell way you have to do it with a machine. I think bishop shows a polishing process on one of his vids.

5. Charles Earl

Charles Earl Full Member

May 1, 2015
    Does anybody tried to reengrave there Logos or serials on his mods by a Laser Company for engravings? I ask because Iused my JJG (081) very much and polished it often .....well the engravings arent as Clear and Deep as before of course thats normal but not very pretty :-(

Regards

6. steliosss

steliosss kindness always repays... be sure of that... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey Charles :)
    If something from the engraving is still there.. a Laser Company can do it a little more evident... but do you trust them???
    I don't trust them here in Greece :closedeyes:

7. Charles Earl

Charles Earl Full Member

May 1, 2015
    Thanks stellioss! Yes I Trust some companys here in Germany I know many metalworking companys because its my Job but Inever asked one for laserengravings because i want first the opinion of some GG FREAKS

OK if my engravings look bad i start to try it

• Like Like x 1
  8. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Its very difficult for the engraver to put a new logo on an existing one Charles. It will be a mess. Thats what my engraver told me

• Like Like x 2
  9. Charles Earl

Charles Earl Full Member

May 1, 2015
    Thanks for answering Imeo your opinion was a ,,must have,, for me.... Yes i know he Must Drive Point by Point in the old engravings right?!

I have enough Space to polish before i Need New engravings but i was intrested

Thanks a Lot Guys

• Like Like x 1
  10. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Your thought is not bad at all Charkes. You can polish it in a machine and put the logo again on it :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.