How to set Max temp in a TC mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike-vape

Jun 18, 2020
Hi, I am brand new to forum and mod vaping. I just bought two mods, a vaporesso Target Mini 2 and Geek Vape Aegis Mini. I want to set a not-to-exceed temp in both. I have started with the Target Mini 2 (Omni 4 chip apparently), but don't see how to set a max temp. Rather, just see metal coil choices. Haven't tried it yet on the Aegis. I can explain why I want to set a max if you like, but for now, I appreciate any help! Thanks, Michael

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Mike-vape

Jun 18, 2020
In the Vaporesso Target Mini 2 I am using the included Vaporesso VM22 tank which comes with a EUC CCELL coil (1.0 Ohm is the one I am using). It doesn't state the metal type anywhere (sore point with reviewers). But even assuming I knew the metal (I assumed SS and went to next step) I don't see how to actually set the max temp in the controls. Am I missing something or have a lot of TC chips eliminated the ability to set Max temp? Thanks, I appreciate your help

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
The EUC ceramic coils are 316SS.
Enter TC mode on your device of choice. Select SS316 as your coil type/metal type.
A few youtube videos or the owners manuals should help you to adjust the power and temperature to your preference.
Once you are familiar with the idiosyncrasies of each device, navigating the menus becomes second nature.

I typically use the same wattage in power mode as I do in TC mode. (no curves/special settings) and find I like a temperature of 420/215 as a starting point and adjust as needed. (450/232 is MY max)

Have fun
I

Mike-vape

Jun 18, 2020
Thanks so much izan.
"A few youtube videos or the owners manuals should help you to adjust the power and temperature to your preference." You know, that's where I am stuck. The user manual has no mention of adjusting max temperature and I can't find a Youtube video that does either (searched a lot!). It does have a TCR set option, and a power option, but I thought TCR was something else.... is that it? Thanks, Michael

Mike-vape

Jun 18, 2020
Okay, I figured out how to set temp, but still confused. After entering SS mode and exiting setting screen, at the main screen it now displays the set temp and I can change it with left and right buttons. But in entering this mode, it change the Ohms from 1.0 (correct for this coil) to displaying .37 ohms (not correct), but I see no place to change that. Can't ignore it because I now get no vapor even when set at 420. Thanks for any help. Michael

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Okay, I figured out how to set temp, but still confused. After entering SS mode and exiting setting screen, at the main screen it now displays the set temp and I can change it with left and right buttons. But in entering this mode, it change the Ohms from 1.0 (correct for this coil) to displaying .37 ohms (not correct), but I see no place to change that. Can't ignore it because I now get no vapor even when set at 420. Thanks for any help. Michael
Bump your wattage a few points; what is your current wattage?
I've never had good luck with drop in coils in TC mode.

If you have to option to lock the cold resistance, you may see better results.

You could try adjusting the TCR if a manual mode exists. In general SS316 lives in the range of 88 to 94. Some devices/coils are better outside of this range. experimentation will be needed.

Cheers
I

Mike-vape

Jun 18, 2020
Thanks, that's a good answer, I'll try each of those. When in power mode I set wattage low (8), I am vaping CBD and goal is small cloud. Not sure this device has a cold resistance setting will look. I guess I will just try changing the TCR (yes, has manual mode) and see if it ends up with the correct ohms at some reading? Thanks again.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hi Michael and welcome to ECF.

I don't have a Target mini but do have the Geek Vape Aegis Solo. The Aegis Mini and Solo have the same button setup and UI.

Once you have the Aegis Mini powered up it's 3 clicks of the fire button to change the settings. Then press the up/down button to scroll through the options until you hit TC-SS. Then press the fire button 2X and you'll land on WAT where you can set your preferred wattage w/the up/down btn. Long press the fire button to save/exit. Then set your desired temp with the up/down button.

Good luck. :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks, that's a good answer, I'll try each of those. When in power mode I set wattage low (8), I am vaping CBD and goal is small cloud. Not sure this device has a cold resistance setting will look. I guess I will just try changing the TCR (yes, has manual mode) and see if it ends up with the correct ohms at some reading? Thanks again.
That power seems low in general but may be just fine for the CBD liquid you are using.
I don't have any advice about using CBD liquids.

Cheers
I

Last edited:

Mike-vape

Jun 18, 2020
Thank you Izan and ShowMeTwice, I appreciate the help! Okay, so I just contacted the seller (Giant Vapes) and they pointed out that the tanks that come with these kits (and their included drop in coils) do not support temperature control. And both tanks don't seem to offer coils that support temp control. Looks like I have to get whole new tanks for both. Anyone recommend a tank that does? I do a lot of MTL vaping, so need a higher ohm coil (around 1 ohm). Don't really want to get into RDA work, but if you tell me that's the only way to do it... oh well. Thanks again, Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread