Status
Not open for further replies.

ScaGin

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
The State of Confusion
It is not the burning of nicotine that is what is bad about it. State of confusion indeed.

Listen self appointed Doctor girhine. I could care less what your opinion is.
Stay out of my conversations.

You cause the constriction of blood vessels due to all of you stupid posts.
Yeah I went back and read all of yours.

Nuff said from you. Please don't even answer this post.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Listen self appointed Doctor girhine. I could care less what your opinion is.
Stay out of my conversations.

You cause the constriction of blood vessels due to all of you stupid posts.
Yeah I went back and read all of yours.

Nuff said from you. Please don't even answer this post.

I know that wasn't the goal, but this made me giggle.

Your doctor knows that you are using nicotine and how much so he made an educated decision as to whether that was acceptable. You are already taking one stress test, you don't need further stress from suddenly being without your "fix." And nicotine withdrawal is, indeed, stressful.

Last year I went a month without nicotine. I had spent 3 days in the hospital with pneumonia and decided that I'd vaped so little that I could go to 0mg. My doctor was pleased and said that this might have been the most opportune infection ever. After a month, I came really close to starting to smoke again. Really, really close. So I added a little nicotine and all has been good ever since.

The next time I saw my doctor, I told him. Initially he wasn't pleased and I had to explain to him the way nicotine in e-liquid is measured (mg per ml). The lingo is familiar to us, but not necessarily to non-vapers. When I started I was doing 24-36mg. Before I got sick I had already dropped to 12mg. Now I vape 6mg. He is very happy for me to continue at that level.

So stay relaxed and stress-free (as much as is possible in your present circumstances.) You'll soon be "good as new."

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Very nice response ScaGin, much better than the one I was thinking off. :)

Not sure why but that dude never misses a chance to jump in here with his holier than thou nicotine advice. Obviously he makes a great "ex-smoker" I firmly believe that sometimes a little bad is an okay trade off for the stress that can result from not doing a little bad. Nic, alcohol, caffeine all okay if it keeps the stress levels some of us deal with down to a dull roar. Learned first hand that stress will do you in before that stuff will.

Speaking of nicotine and burning, December 31st is my set 'free again' date. I am just gonna wean myself back down, for some reason it seems tougher, probably because vaping has lost its fun novelty hobby thing. Need to restock with some 24 mg and get it together.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Speaking of nicotine and burning, December 31st is my set 'free again' date. I am just gonna wean myself back down, for some reason it seems tougher, probably because vaping has lost its fun novelty hobby thing. Need to restock with some 24 mg and get it together.
I definitely no longer see it as a fun novelty. It's just what I "do", the same as I used to "do" cigarettes. Every once in a while it will hit me that it's amazing, etc. The rest of the time, I only notice it when I'm trying to figure out why atomizer A hates battery B or whatever.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
So your only need to vape is oral fixation?
It's my primary need. That and the "what would I do with my hand if I didn't have a cigarette in it?" I used to light 3-4 packs of cigs a day. That's why I started vaping at 24-36mg. Turned out that I only took a couple of puffs off each one. Still got the second-hand smoke and the cost of burning so much tobacco, but my system is satisfied with just a little nicotine.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Annabella, the naked Yellow-Collar Macaw, has a cute new trick. She's always complained about going to bed because Poeia complains about it. But, with the new cages, that's changed.

When it's bedtime, I change their water, add food and give them each some cuddle time (Annabella first.) I then turn on the nightlight, turn off the lamp next to the cages and put Poeia to bed. I do this because I am already holding Poeia and she won't get onto my hand if she thinks I'm going to lock her up.

As soon as I turn off the lamp, Annabella climbs down into her cage and waits on the rope perch a couple of inches inside the door. After I lock Poeia up, I got to Annabella's cage and lean in. Once I give her a kiss she climbs up to her sleeping hut and goes to bed. (With Annabella, it is always a good idea to shut your eyes when kissing. She has a tendency to lunge in the general direction of the mouth and, while her kisses are mostly of the "push the closed beak against the person's face" variety, it can still hurt a bit if she accidentally whacks you somewhere delicate.)

IMG_0028.jpg

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I get the whole hand to mouth habit, I just don't get why the poster never has anything to contribute except to pop in here and bash nicotine use. Wrong forum for that, if I or anyone else wanted that we'd go to another section of the forum and seek out such threads. If he were a regular Saturday contributor than perhaps I would be more tolerant but I find it more of a slam when that is the only thing he shows up for and then rips on others for nicotine usage and I really don't care to try and explain to him the reasons why some people are more prone to nicotine addition than others and why its use is to a point actually helpful, I will keep that between me and the doctors.

How funny about the birds. It is amazing to realize what personality a bird can have. Sounds like your birds get as spoiled as my dogs do.
They are most certainly very beautiful. Poeia is the pink one, right?

As you can see, I actually took Hank to see Santa over the weekend, he was a bad santa but we still had fun and Hank came home with a new toy. I am still trying to explain to him, if you eat my boots we cannot be friends, he still thinks it is quite the game to go running of with one. Needless to say I have not left out anything but work type boots just to be on the safe side!

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I wouldn't leave any dirty undies or bras around either. He probably loves your scent.

Poeia is actually more red than pink (despite the pictures.) She's my Christmas bird -- dressed in red and green all year, waiting for the one day it's stylish.

(And it's sweet of you to call them beautiful right under a picture of Annabella in all her plucked manginess.)

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
You guys playing nice?.......;)

Most of us are. :) I think it was just time for a reminder on how that Ignore User functionality works, before things really start to get ugly. This was always a nice friendly thread in the past. ...., as usual, it just takes one.

How are you liking your new job Uba?

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Ralph.
Uba, I am playing very nice and will now take Ralph's advice (I wasn't aware of that function)

Hiya Ralph, missed ya, good to see ya.

Hi Army and welcome, not sure but I will guess about another ten days. In the mean time get your batts etc ordered! Well worth the wait!

Good morning Amy. It's so nice to see you. :) I've been missing you too. I hope things are going great for you. :)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Oooh. Thank you, Ralph. I didn't realize that we have an ignore function (in two years here, this is the first time I've ever needed one.) The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them.

Thanks Uba. I have just tried it and it works beautifully. I can play nice with the real "Saturday" people.
How are you liking the new job?

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
That was super easy and yep, way better than prep H. I wish it was that easy to make other not so pleasant things in life disappear.

Ralph, things are okay. Just hanging in there. On a good note, I ran out of smokes last night and am actually doing okay this morning. I will make a true effort to just keep my chuck glued to my hand. Need to start bugging Jeff for the other chuck I have coming, maybe it is time to do a little ordering again. Haven't played stalk the mailman for a long time, was using up my current stash. Time to start playing again and try some new liquids and see if there aren't any new carto's etc out there to try. :) Didn't beat myself up too bad, considering all that has gone on in the last four/five months, hitting some cigs was probably a pretty mild reaction. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread