Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
There is an easy fix for that. More chucks. LOL!

Ugh, I wish my hubby would 'get it' faster. He just doesn't seem to want to take the time to get it all figured out. I am going to explain, again, my battery case, when he should change them and it dawned on me that I should hook him up with some of these clear carto's instead of the metal ones, then he can see when he needs to refill. He has a sweet looking chuck. He had a little sister vv mod but I think the thing died, it isn't a sturdy piece of equipment, a bit fragile. I don't want to even ask why I haven't seen that thing around. My kid lost hunny's little chuck, which I think he would like better just because it was smaller. Not going to have another one made for him till he gets it all figured out and appears to be more committed. Hopefully the gal who has my little chuck will get her own then I'll see if he prefers the smaller one.

Posideon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Muskego, Wisconsin, USA
So I got some of the silver with blue edges Tenergy RCR123A batts, they seem to have some over discharge protection which makes them not work with dual coil cartos. I put them in my chuck with the multimeter harness and they fire up fine, but when I put the carto on they just shut off. I've only got dual coil carts so I can't really test with anything else right now, but does anyone know if I need LR carts or HR carts or will just regular non-DC carts work with these batts?

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I use either the lifepo or tenergy 3v and do fine with my dual coils. The tenergy's actually work better, they last longer...dual coils are battery suckers. Mine are the silver and green, get them at clouds of vapor. Pretty reasonable. Make sure you are charging them on a 3 volt charger. My little ultrafire has a switch so I can do 3.7's or 3's I use that one and keep it at three. I have a different ultrafire charger that does my 18650's and I also use it for any smaller batts with spacers that are 3.7
I know zilch about the ones you are inquiring about.

Posideon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Muskego, Wisconsin, USA
I've also got the tenergy silver and yellow batts, which work great and have never given me issues.... I've had them for years now actually and they still work great, lasting 2/3 - 3/4 of a day on a DC carto, but was just a little disappointed when I realized these silver and blue ones weren't working. I looked some stuff up and realized they have protection for over discharge, which is what I think is happening. Oh well, I'll just have to get some other cartos and test 'em out, don't want 4 batts to go to waste!

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Glad you figured it out. I have a five volt chuck that works sort of like that. The dc's will not fire at all on it. I had it made when the tanks and the ce2 stuff was 'all the rage' only to find I wasn't so thrilled with the ce2 thing-a total short lived novelty for me. It is nice to have for those liquids that just seem to taste better a fuzz below six.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Glad you figured it out. I have a five volt chuck that works sort of like that. The dc's will not fire at all on it. I had it made when the tanks and the ce2 stuff was 'all the rage' only to find I wasn't so thrilled with the ce2 thing-a total short lived novelty for me. It is nice to have for those liquids that just seem to taste better a fuzz below six.

I have tried real hard to be impressed with the CE2's.... Gurgle.... Gurgle.... :facepalm: I am with you Amy. The DC cartos work well, for me anyway. :)

BigDaddyRog

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Slidell, LA
www.facebook.com
Ordered my 3rd chuck recently. I still have my first one, though I dropped it yesterday and it is now inoperable. Lost my 2nd one on a bus in DisneyWorld....some kids probably still playong with it like a lightsaber or something!!! Heres the graphic I chose for my current order
317682_2453044048750_1331505668_2899001_1587328576_n.jpg

I wasnt too concerned with production time(I always donate to Jeff's time management) untill I broke my first one yesterday.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
yup, I'm hoping it will blow my ego out of the water :D

Hang onto your eGos anyway. Chucks are wonderful but they are NOT stealthy so, when you are going to a public sneak-a-vape locale, you can bring it with you. (I also use mine because I have a wacky nerve in the back of my vaping hand and occasionally need something that weighs about the same as a toothpick -- even if it doesn't produce vapor close to the oomph of a Chuck.)

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
definitely hanging onto my ego, the chuck is going to be primarily for home vaping. I tend to chain vape when I'm home watching tv, and the ego isn't up to it, and my pipe bomb looking one in my profile pic uses rn 4018 attys, and I'm currently in love with clearomizers with just wicks in them.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
The good thing about 6V vaping is that I use up a lot of excess juice. I like long, slow drags so I quickly get a burned taste. Forgetting what I learned last time I tried 6V, I decide it's too dry and add more liquid. After I do this 3 or 4 times, the poor, flooded atomizer starts filling up the well (which keeps my hands from getting coated in liquid in cases like this.)

Because the atomizer couldn't drain from the bottom fast enough, when I take my next long, slow drag, I get a mouthful of hot liquid. That's when I remember what has gone wrong. I remove the atomizer and mop all the excess liquid out of the well. Then I blow all the burnt liquid I can out of the atomizer, change the batteries back to 3.7V and spend 10 minutes getting the last of the burnt taste out.

After that, I vape happily once again -- until the next time I decide to try 6 volts.

I keep telling myself that my 3.0 batteries are only for doing dry burns. You'd think I could retain this idea for more than a week at a time.

ScaGin

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
The State of Confusion
Well, looks like my life style has caught up with me.....have an appointment with a vascular
surgeon soon, seems he needs to rotor rooter some veins in my legs.....no wonder I was
having leg pain huh? :facepalm:
Then they tell me that after a blood test I have a little too much calcium, hmmm .2 high is
too much? Yep, that's what they say...........well, I'll get it all worked out I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread