Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyinbr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
South Louisiana
sorry to hear about that, been there,:shock:

Something that may say strange, but does help sometimes, is pinching the skin between your forefinger and thumb area. you pinch it as hard as you can, and it sends the pain message away from your mouth. Doesn't always work, but has helped me a few times. .(Found this in a book of home remedies.)

another thing is to try not to lay completely flat or horizontal when you're sleeping, something about the blood flow can make your tooth throb and wake you up in agony.

Might sound weird, but one of the worst ones I had, I had an exposed nerve, and the only way I could get some relief was to use Oragel over night formula (it's thicker, stays in place better and lasts longer) and then I propped my pillow up so I wasn't laying completely flat, and kept turning my head about an inch at a time, trying different positions and angles to lay my head and I eventually found just the right position to help relieve the pain. I had to tilt my head up slightly and over to one side, and the pain would go almost completely away, so long as I kept it there, and I finally able to go to sleep.

My dentist told me that when we get a toothache our body produces extra saliva, as a natural analgesic and has a mild numbing effect, and he told me next time I ever get a toothache, not to spit that out, but to hold in my mouth as long as I could. I found this helped the most when using numbing meds, like Oragel, and seemed to speed up the numbing..

When you're in agony like that, I know myself, I was willing to try whatever it took to get an ounce of relief til I could get to a dentist. I feel for you.

As long as i dont forget to take the meds I am ok for the most part but I have gotten side tracked with 2 doses today and it didnt feel good because I then had to wait for them to kick back in. Hubby is gone overnight every Thursday night on a run for his job (...... driver) and this has been the worst because I am sick with a cold(not as big a deal) tooth kicking my .... and the kids have done nothing but fight, argue, and disobey me tonight (they knew I couldn't fuss too much right now) I am ready for this day to end...on a better note, I feel just peachy right now :p kids are sleeping and meds are working

As long as i dont forget to take the meds I am ok for the most part but I have gotten side tracked with 2 doses today and it didnt feel good because I then had to wait for them to kick back in. Hubby is gone overnight every Thursday night on a run for his job (...... driver) and this has been the worst because I am sick with a cold(not as big a deal) tooth kicking my .... and the kids have done nothing but fight, argue, and disobey me tonight (they knew I couldn't fuss too much right now) I am ready for this day to end...on a better note, I feel just peachy right now :p kids are sleeping and meds are working

ha, I can soooo relate to that, seems like kids always know when mom doesn't feel good and act up,.8-o I found what helps me, is most meds last 4 hrs, so I take them every 3 1/2 hrs, because it always takes them atleast 30 mins to kick in anyway, who wants to wait for pain meds to work,

hope you feel better and don't hurt any more!:)

TTYL,
nite,.
Michelle

I just got my batteries and chargers in today, so I am very anxious now

Hi Kelly! .How are you feeling today? Better I hope, How much longer is your appt? Hope you have alternatives to use, like Orajel or SOMEthing, just in case your pain meds stop helping you, that can be pure torture..

did you ever get some sleep??

Last edited:
I got my batteries about a week and half ago. It's been torture seeing them sitting there.

8-o

I know what you mean Beecee, I made the mistake of ordering my new batteries right after I ordered my new Chuck(Jan 21st). .My batteries got here within only a few days, charged them up right away, Can't wait to finally get to use them!

I got a USPS tracking # and it says my Chuck should be here TODAY!!!!!! .weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! .ha ha :lol:

beecee

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Valley of the Sunstroke

I know what you mean Beecee, I made the mistake of ordering my new batteries right after I ordered my new Chuck(Jan 21st). .My batteries got here within only a few days, charged them up right away, Can't wait to finally get to use them!

I got a USPS tracking # and it says my Chuck should be here TODAY!!!!!! .weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! .ha ha :lol:

Oh that's good! That means mine is about a week and a half out. craving it....needing it.... :)

Kellyinbr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
South Louisiana
Michelle, I am feeling good for now, everything is work for the moment.....I am gonna pick up some Orajel when I go to the grocery store in a bit just to help more at night when it hurts the worst....WOOOHOOOO you are getting yours today and I am thinking I might order another one, lol, ya know a girl need a back up!

Michelle, I am feeling good for now, everything is work for the moment.....I am gonna pick up some Orajel when I go to the grocery store in a bit just to help more at night when it hurts the worst....WOOOHOOOO you are getting yours today and I am thinking I might order another one, lol, ya know a girl need a back up!

That's good, glad to hear that, better safe then sorry,.8-o .

I've been thinking the same thing, I'd like to have another one too for back up, lol, just got to convince hubby 'why in the world I think I need more than one', lol.

It was done day before yesterday.
Yours was done Weds then? Mine was done Tues. .I'm sure yours will be very soon as well, maybe your USPS email, might have went into a Spam folder or something,.

Or, maybe yours was already mailed,... I have another mod I bought, and they said there'd be a USPS email, but I never got one, and my mod just showed up at the door one day,.:)

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Who got all the new pretties in the nursery today? I'm still trying to find out who got the Pepe Lepew chuck last week! They aren't talking!!! Whoever has it knows I am going to steal it the first chance I get!!! :cool:<<< That's how I'm going to look in my stealth mode!!! :D

lol you're still obsessing over that Pepe Chuck eh :p

I GOT IT I GOT IT *lalalalala*!!! I'm vapin away as I speak!!!! And she's real purdy!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Jeff!! You did a wonderful job! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Where the hel, er heck, is everybody??? Here we go again!!! I'll just have a conversation with myself!!! :p

Congrats (again) :thumb:

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Yours was done Weds then? Mine was done Tues. .I'm sure yours will be very soon as well, maybe your USPS email, might have went into a Spam folder or something,.

Or, maybe yours was already mailed,... I have another mod I bought, and they said there'd be a USPS email, but I never got one, and my mod just showed up at the door one day,.:)

I'm not worried. I'm sure Jeff doesn't want my woody hanging around any longer than it needs to be.

notsoogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
The REAL Washington
I never saw a tracking number for my Chuck either...of course I didn't look for one. Mine showed up Thursday! Absolutely loving it!!! Not a big fan of 6v vaping tho...I prefer 3.7!

Yes Thy I am still obsessing over that Chuck! Nobody is claiming it!!! I will be more than happy to give it a home!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread