How to treat batteries well

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
I don't know too much about this area, but I would say just common sense things, try not to leave it on the charger too long after it's done being fully charged, I'm guessing charging it for like 10-15 minutes if you're on the go is no bueno for it. I always have back up batteries just incase. I have a pair of married SONY VTC 4'S that I use as my main, when those run out, I've always got a fully charged pair of nitecore's waiting to throw in, then just give my SONY's a nice full charge while I use those. I'd look into getting a spare battery. Also keep in mind that batteries do go bad after a while, I've heard around 6 months of constant use, I never constantly use the same pair though.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
I have 2 spare. The two evod 650mah batts I currently use.

I usually vape a lot all day. And charging during the night is the most convienient for me. I never sleep more than 6-7 hours and charge time for spinner v2 is about 5hrs. Will this be fine? I put it in right before I sleep, and first thing in the morning I take it out of the charger.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I had a set of ego batteries like yours and charged them all kind of different ways and they still lasted 2yrs plus.
    But, they are in general some of the worst batteries out there. Could die in a day. Buy them cheap and hopefully they'll last a couple months.
    No charging technique is going to change the low quality.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I have 2 spare. The two evod 650mah batts I currently use.

I usually vape a lot all day. And charging during the night is the most convienient for me. I never sleep more than 6-7 hours and charge time for spinner v2 is about 5hrs. Will this be fine? I put it in right before I sleep, and first thing in the morning I take it out of the charger.

It's not recommended to charge Out Of Sight even. Fires have definitely happened.

Vapez

Ultra Member
    Aug 22, 2015
    Norway
    Wjat would you suggest then anything other than those batteries will be awesome to me. Because I've never tried anything else. The spinner 2 everyone says is a good battery
    It's not recommended to charge Out Of Sight even. Fires have definitely happened.
    I'm willing to take that chance. Like all of us do with phones, lamps, computers, wifi etc.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Wjat would you suggest then anything other than those batteries will be awesome to me. Because I've never tried anything else. The spinner 2 everyone says is a good battery
    I'm willing to take that chance. Like all of us do with phones, lamps, computers, wifi etc.
    If you like egos that's fine just try to buy good brand names like you have, just saying they can go at any time no matter what you do.
    Different animal than a lamp or computer. At least put them in a semi closed fireproof container near a window to vent toxic gasses. A lamp timer works well too.

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2015
    If you like egos that's fine just try to buy good brand names like you have, just saying they can go at any time no matter what you do.
    Different animal than a lamp or computer. At least put them in a semi closed fireproof container near a window to vent toxic gasses. A lamp timer works well too.

I've never thought to take an extra pre-caution on charging my batteries. I use a nitecore charger and am typically always charging 18650's when I'm asleep or sometimes I'll pop 'em in when I know I'll be out for a couple hours.. I can't tell if you're just extra overly cautious so if someone else could chime in on here.. Not that I don't believe you.. just want to hear some other feedback.

Reactions: r77r7r

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've never thought to take an extra pre-caution on charging my batteries. I use a nitecore charger and am typically always charging 18650's when I'm asleep or sometimes I'll pop 'em in when I know I'll be out for a couple hours.. I can't tell if you're just extra overly cautious so if someone else could chime in on here.. Not that I don't believe you.. just want to hear some other feedback.

We used to caution people all the time about it then it got real busy on ecf. Mostly ego and cig-alikes and their chargers are problematic.
    You have a good charger, different kind of batteries, and good ones I hope- so maybe at least pop them in a metal or ceramic Tin? Easy precaution.

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    These are the same kinds of batteries, and are no more inherently dangerous than we use in our phones and laptops. Can they be dangerous if used improperly? Can they be defective, like any other mass-produced consumer product? Yes, but if you use good quality batteries and chargers, and care for them appropriately, you can be reasonably assured of relative safety. I don't worry about leaving my phone plugged in overnight, and I don't worry about leaving my 18650's on the Nitecore charger, either. Most of the issues you hear of are caused by either user error (shorting the battery because you used a hybrid top-cap mech mod with an atty with a flush or recessed 510 pin, for example) or else cheap knock-off pen-style vaporizers and/or cheap knock-off chargers. Like I said, use good quality batts and chargers, care for them appropriately, lock your mech mod when you're not using it, don't use a hybrid top-cap mod unless you know what you are doing, and you really have nothing much to worry about. No more than with any other consumer product with a Li-ion battery, anyway.

Reactions: mattiem

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 30, 2014
    New York City
    I've had two evod batteries. Still use them, but they've lost effect.

I'm buying a spinner v2 1600mah. How should I charge to ensure it gets a long lifetime? I guess it's easier with that one because I can see hos much battery is left during use.
    Charge with a good charger like xtar vp2 at the slowest setting

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread