Not enough vapor less effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
I just got my vision spinner v2 1600mah vv device with an evod v2 glass tank with BDC. I tried it after charging fully, and I'm a bit disappointed. I use the same juice I used on my earlier evod 1 starter kit. And tried switching between the variable voltage settings. I do indeed get my nicotine dose pretty fast with this one. But I don't feel any throat hit (as I did with evod 1 kit). As for vapor, I expected a little more than my last setup. Not much, but a little more. Well it's rather the opposite. I get a lot less vapor from this. It feels like I'm using one of them cigalikes.

What may be the problem?

Edit: I tested with the old evod 1 tank on the spinner 2. Absolutely amazing throat hit and vapor production. So the battery is fine.
But why doesn't it work the same way with the new tank? Reviewers says it produces even more vapor and throat it, and it is a dual coil. I also tried switching to another coil in another resistance with no difference. Are the dual coils really that weak?
And does it work putting single coil in the same tank?

Edit 2: And the battery blinks 3 times after like 3 hits everytime I try the new tank.

Last edited:

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
i think i'd take it back to the store and show them maybe you got a faulty tank. i've had the evod single coil with cotton and it is pretty damn good for what it is , havn't tried the dual coil.
I've told the dealer the problem and he's sending two coils at 1.2ohm for me to try for free (1 day shipping). Although, I don't know if that'll work since I noticed no difference between 1.5 and 1.8ohm, but we'll see.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
1.2ohm on a Spinner V2??? Don't know if it will even fire that low a coil, most times Ego class batteries error out at 1.5ohm. If you got an Ohm reader, check the Evod 2 with installed coil on it, see if the resistance is near the specified rating, if it off by 0.3ohms or so the Spinner is detecting it, other wise use a multimeter, red lead to bottom post, black lead to the evod base. If the resistance is lower than rating, could mean a collapsed coil, shorted lead in the coil, the coils are crossing and shorting out, or there is a natural short in the evod 2 base.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
1.2ohm on a Spinner V2??? Don't know if it will even fire that low a coil, most times Ego class batteries error out at 1.5ohm. If you got an Ohm reader, check the Evod 2 with installed coil on it, see if the resistance is near the specified rating, if it off by 0.3ohms or so the Spinner is detecting it, other wise use a multimeter, red lead to bottom post, black lead to the evod base. If the resistance is lower than rating, could mean a collapsed coil, shorted lead in the coil, the coils are crossing and shorting out, or there is a natural short in the evod 2 base.
Yeah, I think it's pretty low too. That's why I bought 10 1.8ohm coils. an 1.5ohm coil came with the tank, and now the seller is giving me 2 1.2ohm coils.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I find that my newer spinners do the blinking thing when I put a dual coil topper on them. Even though both the dual coils and the single coils meter out at 1.8 ohms they don't seem to work the same. I don't know why, just know that they do so I stick with single coils with my spinners and get great service from them. When I am using my Evod Glass that is designed for a dual coil, I use a single coil head instead. I put an extra top cap on it and it works perfectly. I am talking about that little rubber cap that slides down the chimney. I put the second one on upside down and it provides a perfect seal.

Reactions: DavidOck

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
I find that my newer spinners do the blinking thing when I put a dual coil topper on them. Even though both the dual coils and the single coils meter out at 1.8 ohms they don't seem to work the same. I don't know why, just know that they do so I stick with single coils with my spinners and get great service from them. When I am using my Evod Glass that is designed for a dual coil, I use a single coil head instead. I put an extra top cap on it and it works perfectly. I am talking about that little rubber cap that slides down the chimney. I put the second one on upside down and it provides a perfect seal.
Could you show me in a picture?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Could you show me in a picture?
1513300-2.jpg

These are the coils I use and rebuild. It is a single coil head. I am talking about that rubber cap. I put on an extra one but put it on upside down.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, it definetely improved. But I definetely have to order weaker nicotine strength. 15mg is far too much for this device, and to little on the evod 1 starter kit. Man I have to lay down, nic OD'd after just a few drags.
I am happy that I was able to help you pinpoint your problem. Can't help with the OD thing though :D You could lower the nic strength of your liquid by adding a bit of VG and/or PG to it or you can buy some of the same flavor in a lower nic and mix the 2 to lower the strength.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
I am happy that I was able to help you pinpoint your problem. Can't help with the OD thing though :D You could lower the nic strength of your liquid by adding a bit of VG and/or PG to it or you can buy some of the same flavor in a lower nic and mix the 2 to lower the strength.
The problem is that I have only VPG bases. WITH nicotine. So I have to deal with the strength until next time I order juice. It's funny, I started with the evod kit at 24mg. That was almost to little. Slowly decreased to 15mg. And now with the new setup, 15mg is killing me :p

Reactions: mattiem

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The problem is that I have only VPG bases. WITH nicotine. So I have to deal with the strength until next time I order juice. It's funny, I started with the evod kit at 24mg. That was almost to little. Slowly decreased to 15mg. And now with the new setup, 15mg is killing me :p
You may be able to get some VG from the pharmacy. Before I started ordering it by the gallon I picked up a small bottle of it at Wal-Mart. The brand was Humco and is called Glycerin skin protectant.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
You may be able to get some VG from the pharmacy. Before I started ordering it by the gallon I picked up a small bottle of it at Wal-Mart. The brand was Humco and is called Glycerin skin protectant.
I think I'll wait until i order my next 3 month batch. It's not really a problem, I'll save a lot of juice until then :p

Reactions: mattiem

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
Spinner is going to have a bit of a struggle with dual coils. Your power(wattage) is already low now take that and send half to each coil, whereas 1 coil saw the full 8 watts. Now tgey are only pushing 4 max. Half the power= half the vapor.

Go back to single coils.
I'm using single coi.

But my question is, I've seen tons of people using the spinner 2 with dual coil evods without problem, and with a lot of flavor and vapor production. And the evod BDC is included in evod 2 starter kit which got batteries at 650 mAh 3,7 volt, and that works just fine. So why won't it work for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread