How to use AV cables yo run multable voltages...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
I just got done making a connection "system" so I can run my Duracell Pass Through mod at different voltages. I had some connectors but I realized I was already using them on a sweeper vacuum I modded a long time ago to run on 9.6volt R/C car batteries :)

So anyways I use AV cables to make my connections with. All you have to do is cut the AV cables and get rid of the surrounding wire and only use the center wire for voltage (you have to make sure the outside wire is completely gone because you don't want voltage running in it because it will be exposed when in use). You take a separate AV for each Positive and Negative and I used Male connection ends for the power cables, because I had a bunch of them and only one female on hand. You can get female one from Portable DVD player cables at radio shack I'm sure. You take and put the female AV cable connections on the device and now you can hook up any voltage you have rigged up with the male AV cables. I have 6v AC/DC power supply and a 5v USB I can hook up, now I don't have to worry about having a new power supply for each Mod I can just rotate them as I want... very convenient.

Here are some pictures:

Here is the Female AV connections on the device:
muacz5.jpg

Here is the male AV connections on the AC/DC power supply and the
USB:

8x39rr.jpg

Here is The Duracell Mod on the 6volt AC/DC power supply:

2lt1v7n.jpg

Hope you guys like it...

EDIT:
Oh and you need to make sure the polarity is right with the power going to the center of the atty connector. I put power to the red wire and ground to the white to make it easy for me to know which was which.

I have been using the AC/DC power supply a lot lately, it really give you a choker of a throat hit!!

Last edited:

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
me likes it. what do you think about this?
AC/DC Variable Output Voltage Adapters

Thanks...

That only outs out 1 amp, you need at least 1.5 to get anywhere near a decent voltage. If you want 5 volts you need to find something that is 5volts 2amp. If you want 6volts you need to find something that is 6volt 2.5amps.

My AC/DC adapter is 6volts 2.5amps. And when I get my USB AC adapter it will run at 5volts 2amps.

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
Last edited:

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
Considering the fact that AV plugs (RCA) are coaxial, why didn't you just wire the plug up as designed - Positive on the post, and negative on the jacket?

Because the outside is visible when connected so it would be dangerous. Even if the negative isn't dangerous what if it cam in contact with something metal, it would shrt out and might cause damage... I just think it is better this way.

I said why in the OP.

Last edited:

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread