Status
Not open for further replies.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
And fire-n-ice to the list of liquids that eats plastic. So now what? How am I supposed to vape it? I guess I could drip... but I prefer to clearo or tank. Somebody please recommend a good glass tank or clearo... For now I have some atty's coming and I could use one of those... but I really really really need a tank.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi! I'm a cinnamon fan too! My juice melted drip tips, clearos and a vivi mini nova before I got a clue. Cinnamon is incompatible with polycarbonate, acrylic and Delrin (that I know of), which accounts for a lot of gear. Your choices come down to glass, polypropylene, metal and silicone. I have 3 glass IBtanks (with stainless steel caps) and a polypro tank from Valley View Vapes. I also use stainless steel or glass drip tips. If you don't want to use a tank, you can drip (minding what the tip is made of) or use a steel carto. You can actually use a clearo if you want to, but keep in mind it won't last very long (the drip tip will melt first btw). The tube part of a Vivi Nova will also melt. Vision has a metal tank for the vivi, but you can't see the juice level, and they have a product that at first glance appears to be metal with a window to see the juice, but it's actually just a decorative metal sleeve that goes over a regular polycarb tank, so it will melt too.

Illuminatu already posted a link to IBTanked, so here's one for Valley View Vapes. The tanks aren't the prettiest, and since they use grommets can be a pain to change cartos, but they are inexpensive and once they get going are little workhorses and very easy to refill. Triple V Polypro Tanks

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
:) That could work too...I do like to see my juice but A vivi is all in one... I really don't know much about how to make a tank function.

I can very easily walk you through how to put a tank together, as another member did for me. If you want, send me a PM.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
yeah i just got a sample of gumby blood from fuzion, totally smoked a vision/ stardust that supposedly is resistant to that. but i did taste some wintergreen in it so im guessing that is why. The remainder of the bottle will be in PiF shortly. Good flavor , just not for me, esp if i have to buy special tanks to vape it.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
yeah i just got a sample of gumby blood from fuzion, totally smoked a vision/ stardust that supposedly is resistant to that. but i did taste some wintergreen in it so im guessing that is why. The remainder of the bottle will be in PiF shortly. Good flavor , just not for me, esp if i have to buy special tanks to vape it.

You have to read the fine print in the product details. When the description says, "...[The] newest version of Stardusts, stronger and virtually impervious to juice leeching" it isn't about etching or melting.

This is your Vivi Mini Nova on cinnamon:

vivi mini tank.jpg

Last edited:

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
wow... that sucks. This juice destroyed a clearo I had. The tank part is still okay. but the drip tip is melted. And it just stopped functioning at all. I replaced the head and still not working. I have not a clue why. I have some coming in the mail thank god. And I guess I will be dripping it for a while until I can get a freakin glass tank. I have no other option. this juice is too good. And I have 2 other flavors with heavy cinnamon coming as well. They are going to be super good. To just not vape it is not an option for me.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
If you just want to get your feet wet with tanks, the polypro ones from Valley View are inexpensive. I use a Triple V Jumbo 5ml everyday (it's one of 4 tanks I rotate). My only problem with tanks is that I wish they made smaller ones. Most of the juices I like have a cinnamon base, but they are all different, and I wish I had something in-between dripping and a full tank to try them out with.

DrApex

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Raleigh NC
There is a process to properly fill a tank: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=lNEPXvZDKCw&desktop_uri=/watch?v=lNEPXvZDKCw

I pretty much follow that method. Though in the initial cartomizer fill step, I gently place a toothpick in the center hole.

A glass tank, especially an annealed Pyrex tank, is durable and nonreactive. I have a Phiniac tank. It's pricy, but it looks nice and takes a beating. There is a video of the glass tank being thrown against a wall and landing on a concrete floor.
See: http://phiniac.com/video.php

Frankly, those videos were the main reason I bought the Phiniac. The style was important, but secondary.

I believe the IBTanked Pyrex tanks are annealed as well.

Typed on my mobile. Please excuse typos.

Azyre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Holiday, Florida
www.milieux.com
The Kanger MT3's are metal, so you could try those as well. I got some for my cinnamon and clove juice, and are working fine so far after 3 days of heavy cinnamon use.

VapeDudes also carries basic pyrex tanks and their Texas tough tank polypro which has a fill hole via plug screw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread