Evansville Indiana
20150925_180902.jpg

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Everything in your pictures I can see tells me that's an authentic, The milling and Kennedy logo looks like what I would expect(The clones never get the E right in Kennedy) and only the authentic Kennedys I've come across have that little dimple in the middle of the copper positive post, all of the clones I've ever seen do not have that. The easiest way for me personally to tell is to look at the size of the negative posts and screws, all of the clones I've come across(even the really good ones) used negative posts that are smaller in outside diameter than the authentic version. Without even seeing that on yours I'm calling it authentic as everything I can see looks 100% correct.

Source: I own three authentic and three clone Kennedy rda's, visual comparison is something I'm pretty good at. You shouldn't worry, it looks as genuine as can be.

DJD

Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Evansville Indiana
Everything in your pictures I can see tells me that's an authentic, The milling and Kennedy logo looks like what I would expect(The clones never get the E right in Kennedy) and only the authentic Kennedys I've come across have that little dimple in the middle of the copper positive post, all of the clones I've ever seen do not have that. The easiest way for me personally to tell is to look at the size of the negative posts and screws, all of the clones I've come across(even the really good ones) used negative posts that are smaller in outside diameter than the authentic version. Without even seeing that on yours I'm calling it authentic as everything I can see looks 100% correct.

Source: I own three authentic and three clone Kennedy RDA's, visual comparison is something I'm pretty good at. You shouldn't worry, it looks as genuine as can be.
thanks for the input sometimes you never know so i thought this was the right place to ask

Reactions: Froth

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
^That's a cheap Fasttech style clone with what likely has the improper milled deck and not the pressed tube deck, those can be had for under $10.

$6.17 KENNEDY Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - copper + stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The positive pin is probably pushing in to the insulator because over time the heat generated caused the cheap insulator to deform, I've seen it many times and if not caught in time with certain devices it can lead to a nasty hard short.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
To my eye that appears to be a clone, the font for the E in Kennedy isn't correct on the cap, you can see the difference when you compare them side by side to an authentic. The positive connection on the bottom looks a little too small and the milling of the serial number and USA looks a little deep compared to the authentic.

This is a good place for high resolution pictures of the authentic Kennedy comp : Kennedy Competition RDA

You can compare that one to yours, I'm fairly certain you have a clone as I have one that looks identical to it, with the same incorrect E font in Kennedy. Most likely still a good quality clone, you wouldn't notice a difference in use compared to the authentic.

Reactions: rangerrobin

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Look at the curvature at the end of the top and bottom sections of the E in Kennedy, the authentic has zero curves and uses a complete block style lettering where the milling lines only use right angles, whereas the clone has a swooped curve on the inside section of both the top and bottom on the E.

Edit: Added high resolution photo detailing what I'm on about.

capcompare.jpg

This is not the end all be all way to tell an authentic though, I do have a clone which got the Kennedy font 100% correct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread