How would you feel if you won a contest and your prizes was lost by Customs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd feel bad if it got lost by customs. But as it was something you won, not bought, it's hard to see getting mad with the vendor. They did their part sending it out. The postal service screws up often enough that I use it with trepidation, and make sure all my large orders are shipped by UPS or Fedex as stuff like that is far less likely to occur.

I had a package scheduled for delivery this past Friday. Around 2 PM, I got a text update (I always register for those if I have a tracking number) and it showed an attempted delivery at 12 PM, but was marked undeliverable return to sender! I went to my local post office and it was in the back awaiting return shipment. The reason listed was "no mailbox". I've only had a mailbox outside the house since the day I moved in. Turns out it was a covering delivery postal worker who "must have been confused". Fortunately I did manage to recover it, but :censored: happens with shipping.

But again, as a prize, it's tough to feel the vendor is in any way at fault or should replace the item.

Yep, post office fill-ins are the worst. Seems like everytime our regular mail carrier is on vacation I have something stupid like that happen. The last time I was waiting for a package only to get home and find an "oops we missed you" slip marked for postage due. I had to go the the post office the next day to get it after paying my 20 whole cents in postage.:-x All that hassle over 20 cents! Our regular carrier always delivers stuff with postage due but leaves an envelope to pick up the next day with whatever was owed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread