How's my build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
Looks pretty good, especially for the first. The top leg could be shorter, bringing the top of your wick closer to the positive post; this would reduce chance of a hot spot developing on it. Other than that, if it's working good for you, it's the best coil in the world lol.

Nice job, it only gets easier from there.

Ahoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Philly
Looks pretty good, especially for the first. The top leg could be shorter, bringing the top of your wick closer to the positive post; this would reduce chance of a hot spot developing on it. Other than that, if it's working good for you, it's the best coil in the world lol.

Nice job, it only gets easier from there.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. Looks good for a first time build.

Redlig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
United States
I know tell me about it built a slica wick for my wife looks like crap but vapes great with no problems . I may try and shorten the leg was afraid of bending the wick and causing wicking issues Hmmm I'll go for it and post results I think. Would bending it cause it to be be prone to going dry still getting used to Ss mesh

Redlig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
United States
Looks good if you aren't getting a hot top leg I would leave it as it is.

Messed with it some ended up just keeping it as is. My only question is when I refill with a different flavor do I clean it then dry burn or just change wicks? Got the build down good but that's my only hick up what to do when changing flavors

rbrown1

Jan 1, 2014
Tulsa, OK
An AGA T3 !! :) That was my first build also.... Used about 2 wraps of 400 mesh around a SS rope core. Works like a champ. Notice that you left a small gap between the wick and the inside of the center hole. That's where I fill mine (using a syringe) since I had no luck using that small fill port. juice kept flooding out of the center wick-hole when I tried using the built in fill port.

Redlig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
United States
An AGA T3 !! :) That was my first build also.... Used about 2 wraps of 400 mesh around a SS rope core. Works like a champ. Notice that you left a small gap between the wick and the inside of the center hole. That's where I fill mine (using a syringe) since I had no luck using that small fill port. Juice kept flooding out of the center wick-hole when I tried using the built in fill port.

I do the same thing haha I unscrew the fill hole though to let air escape

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
Redlig:11784833 said:
An AGA T3 !! :) That was my first build also.... Used about 2 wraps of 400 mesh around a SS rope core. Works like a champ. Notice that you left a small gap between the wick and the inside of the center hole. That's where I fill mine (using a syringe) since I had no luck using that small fill port. Juice kept flooding out of the center wick-hole when I tried using the built in fill port.

I do the same thing haha I unscrew the fill hole though to let air escape

I drilled out the fill hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread