How's this setup for a beginner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3nali

Jul 9, 2012
Miami
I just ordered these items last night from VaporAlley.com, is this sufficient for a noob?

- Genuine joyetech eGo-Twist, 650 mAh Battery (Black)
- 268C Vision eGo/510 clearomizer V3 (2.4 oHm) (Black)
- Charger
- Flavors: Fruit Gum Strip (18mg Nic) & Fire Cured (12mg Nic)

I'm not too sure what 2.4 oHm means in reference to clearomizers but they had different numbers... Did i mess up? LOL

Thanks for your responses

- Dave

TheSenator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
You're definitely going to need more than one battery and one clearomizer, but those are decent products I started out with.

The 2.4 ohm on the clearomizers references the resistance in Ohm's on the atomizer head. I would brush up on Ohm's Law to understand how variable voltage and ohm's work together.

vaping equipment will be much more addicting than analogs!

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
Looks good! I would have recommended a little bit bigger battery, but a 650 mah will certainly work. 2.4 ohms is the resistance of the clearo. The lower the number the hotter the vape...you can always bump the voltage on the twist to make it warmer though. I use 2 ohm carts on a 3.7v mod.

It's all personal preference though. If it makes you happy then you made a great purchase.

D3nali

Jul 9, 2012
Miami
You're definitely going to need more than one battery and one clearomizer, but those are decent products I started out with.

The 2.4 ohm on the clearomizers references the resistance in Ohm's on the atomizer head. I would brush up on Ohm's Law to understand how variable voltage and ohm's work together.

Vaping equipment will be much more addicting than analogs!

Thank you very much. It's appreciated

D3nali

Jul 9, 2012
Miami
Looks good! I would have recommended a little bit bigger battery, but a 650 mah will certainly work. 2.4 ohms is the resistance of the clearo. The lower the number the hotter the vape...you can always bump the voltage on the twist to make it warmer though. I use 2 ohm carts on a 3.7v mod.

It's all personal preference though. If it makes you happy then you made a great purchase.

I noticed that the 1000 mah Twist was a lot larger. I'm trying to have a setup thats relatively small so when I go out it doesn't look weird, haha. Thanks for your input :)

D3nali

Jul 9, 2012
Miami
Looks good to me! I just started and I picked the ego twist as well.

I did get 2, and that has worked well for me. I love the clearomizer!
I got 2 clearomizers to start and I love I can see how much juice is in there. It reduces my range anxiety. :vapor:

Enjoy your new kit!

-=fred=-

Thank you, sir.

Dave,

You have most definitely got it wrong...
The stainless steel eGo looks much better...

The 2.4 is fine with the twist. As a matter of fact, this is exactly the setup I use when I step out of the house (well, I carry three of them and the Twists are SS)

I'll keep that in mind when I get a second battery. I just bought this setup to try out vaping. I'm sure i'll buy a range of different colors/styles if I like the vape-life.

Herdo

Sep 8, 2012
Arizona
I'll keep that in mind when I get a second battery. I just bought this setup to try out vaping. I'm sure i'll buy a range of different colors/styles if I like the vape-life.

I think that was a joke. :p The black ones are fine.

Watch this video, it should help with understanding volts, amps, and resistance (ohms) a bit better. Voltage, Current and Resistance - YouTube

After that, look at this chart, http://i.imgur.com/Ohn8o.png. This should help explain watts to you. We measure watts with the equation (volts²/resistance). Volts are what your device is outputting, and resistance is the ohms of your atomizer head. So in the case of an ego twist, if you set your volts to 4v (top of the chart), and you have a 2 ohm atomizer head (left hand side of the chart), you will be getting 8 watts (v²/r, in this case 4²/2, so 16/2 = 8). This chart is color coded to give you an idea of where you should set your volts depending on what resistance atomizer you are using. The higher the wattage, the more heat you are producing.

Last edited:

Dreamnd

Jul 3, 2012
USA
HI Dave - I'm relatively new also and just would like to put in my experience to hopefully save you from the same bad day as I had. My husband and I had 3 PV's between the 2 of us and thought that was plenty. WRONG! Not when 1 is lost and 2 more all quit within a week. I got some great advice and to purchase at least 1 inexpensive MOD with easily replaced batteries and/or 1 Passthrough model. Both would best. When anything else dies, (even a Twist) they are all just considered disposable. Although I hope to eventually get one replaced by the manufacturer that wasn't doing me any good yesterday while I was broke, having a melt down and considering begging a neighbor for a cigarette. Thankfully I came here and got not only the advice but also support, encouragement and even offers to share some unused equipment. With at least my faith restored I can wait out a few more days until I'm vaping again. Although I'm sure everyone has the best of motives and intentions people are still human therefor capable of error. So when asking for direction make sure to read through as many post's as possible and thoroughly understand any advice before applying it (both literally & figuratively). Someone suggested that we apply E-liquid directly to our skin to get us through the day. Thankfully I read on and enough people strongly disagreed and saved my husband and myself from making ourselves sick or worse. I can't imagine a better community to belong to for all things VAPING! Welcome and be sure to check back in o tell everyone how your 1st PV works out for you. Mine was love at 1st Hit! Hope yours is too!

bill63304

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
St Louis
I have been vaping for only a week. My starter kit was 2 batteries for my wife and two batteries for me. Mine are the X2 650 and the X2 900. I think the two batteries are working well for me. If I had one, it would be a challenge. In my starter kit I ordered two sample packs of 5 carto's and one 5 pack of a popular tobacco flavored carto. I have been using one to 1.5 carto per day. I just reordered.

My set up was right on for me. If I would have ordered one smaller battery only, it would have never worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread