HR or LR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bajaboggs

May 5, 2012
San Ysidro
OK, I've been vaping now for a couple months. I have figured out that VV is the only way to go, so now I have a provari. I have used regular cartos and LR cartos, dual and single coil. I am wondering what the consensus is, or the differences are? I guess that this device works well with any of them, so if you could use any atty's or cartos, what is your favorite and WHY? I am looking at buying an AVA atomizer, but they have a 3.8-4.0 version and a LR 1.8 version. Which would you buy?

Freddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
The NETWORK
OK, I've been vaping now for a couple months. I have figured out that VV is the only way to go, so now I have a provari. I have used regular cartos and LR cartos, dual and single coil. I am wondering what the consensus is, or the differences are? I guess that this device works well with any of them, so if you could use any atty's or cartos, what is your favorite and WHY? I am looking at buying an AVA atomizer, but they have a 3.8-4.0 version and a LR 1.8 version. Which would you buy?
LR atty's and cartos were suppose to simulate 5V vaping at 3.7V, but because you have HARD HITTING VAPERER'S, it has become a matter of PRFERENCE! SR atty's and cartos was and is meant for HIGH VOLTAGE devices, BUT again it is a matter of PREFERENCE!

mikebabs

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
new jersey
Good you figured out VV is the way to go and you cannot "miss" with the Provari......Dual coil cartos are "battery killers".....Stay away from them with a VV device....You DO NOT NEED dual coils anymore.....Get a BOGE 3.0 ohm single coil in either the regular size or the newer XL size that fit in Dual Coil Tanks.....This 3.0 will give you great latitude with your Provari with the volatage settings....Good Luck

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Good you figured out VV is the way to go and you cannot "miss" with the Provari......Dual coil cartos are "battery killers".....Stay away from them with a VV device....You DO NOT NEED dual coils anymore.....Get a BOGE 3.0 ohm single coil in either the regular size or the newer XL size that fit in Dual Coil Tanks.....This 3.0 will give you great latitude with your Provari with the volatage settings....Good Luck

I echo these exact sentiments. I first used Dual Coil 1.8's with my ProVari. Great vape, battery life sucked. I quickly moved to Single Coil 2.8-3.0. Great vape, battery life moved into AWESOME category.

My personal conclusion is that there is NO DIFFERENCE in the vape but a TREMENDOUSLY POSITIVE difference in battery life, favoring the single coil, higher resistance options.

For what it's worth, of course.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I'd go with something more in the 2.8 - 3.0 single coil range. It gives you more options as far as fine tuning your voltage/wattage range. If you went with something as high as 3.8 - 4.0, you would be limited with the Provari (max output 6.0). I do believe that those high ohm atties are for those that use dual 3.7v setups for running at 7.4v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread