Provari vs Reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
So I am close to making a decision on a mod and I am pondering two choices. I am not in a big rush though. I am looking at the Provari and the Reo. I know, in their current forms, they are different animals, but I was wondering if a Reo with a LR carto or atty would be as satisfying as the Provari with the vv. Any thoughts are welcome!

Of course, I could just wait and get a vv Reo.:)

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
Ill tell you the top two reasons i prefer vv. First off in the morning i need softer vapor to start off with so i dial it down to 4.4v. As the day goes on its not harsh anymore so im near 5v. By the end of the day i need just a tad more hit i might dial up to 5.5v.

The second great reason is this frankinstien box of every carto known to man i have here. No matter what i slap onto it i can find the right setting for it.

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I have had both. I can tell you the Provari will fail before the REO. If by chance a REO fails,it is alot easier to have it fixed by Rob. I have used 5V batteries with a LR and SR cartomizer, 3.7V batteries with LR and SR caromitzers. You can also use two 3V batteries for 6V. With all the options, who needs VV?
The big plus of the Reos, is their durability.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
You are right, you are comparing apples and oranges. I think the main question is if you like the taste of bottom feeders, if you do then your decision is made, I would counsel getting a VV box mod, not necessarily the REO. The Grand is durable but some of the other wood boxes are far more attractive (and some of them have VV options now).....just my opinion!!!:)

I think the Provari plus a tank would be $100 or so more then the wood box also, consider the BuzzPro, too.......

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Since you stated you aren't in a hurry you might want to consider checking the progress of Reo and implementing a vv circuit. They've announced it's going to be done but I haven't researched it since. It will use the same circuitry as the Buzz Pro and Infinity Pro. Anyway if you want to check more into that you'll have the best of both worlds.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Since you stated you aren't in a hurry you might want to consider checking the progress of Reo and implementing a vv circuit. They've announced it's going to be done but I haven't researched it since. It will use the same circuitry as the Buzz Pro and Infinity Pro. Anyway if you want to check more into that you'll have the best of both worlds.

Rob has the electronics. The first VV REOs will be wood. They are expected out around the end of January. :)

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
I'm a huge Reo Grand fan at 6V, its a great device, easy to use, pretty and indestructible. But I love my Ipro VV just as much. I LOVE VV, it really doesn't get much better. You do have a few other options for well made devices to conceder. Don't over look these mods when deciding.....Buzz Pro, Ipro and then there is that VVGrand to think about too. :)

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I have 2 Minis, a Grand, a ProVari, and a Buzz Pro. I use Vapemates on the VV's at home/office, but the Mini's are my constant out and about vape with LR atty's. If I had to pick one and were not so self conscious about being seen in public with a WMD from outer space, I would probably go with the Grande because of the flexibility of using different battery combinations.

Then again, I don't have to pick. They are all great PV's. I am not so sure about a VV Reo if it ends up being the size of a Grande. The Grande is, for my taste, over the size limit on a box mod, but just load it up in the morning and you are good to go all day-I just throw a spare atty or two in my pocket.

Whichever one you pick, you cannot go wrong with any of them. It will, in the end, boil down to your own tastes and vaping style.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
REO Minis are available on the site now http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=9&Itemid=3 as are 18490 Woodvils http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=24&Itemid=3

Rob just got a shipment of Grand bodies back from the anodizer, so they should be added to the site soon. If you are interested in a particular color combination (except purple) click the "notify me" option and you will get an email when they are listed.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
mlinky,

You are bad, bad, bad... :p

I almost skipped making my car payment this month on seeing some of those reo's that are up for sale :p

*sigh* Maybe next time

:D

Maximillian the Perambulating Lexicographer
(named by Dotma)

LOL, they are gorgeous, aren't they? I have this one on they way:

Stabilized_Burl__4ee52bb4d0ad6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread