Huge clouds, but no flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob2655

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Rochester Hills, MI
Hi everyone, I'm still learning as I go with rda's, and I've got a question. I've got a .7 ohm dual coil set up using 3mm silica and 29g kanthal on my Trident, and I'm using a Sentinel V3 with a 18490 battery. I'm getting a lot of vapor, but the flavor isn't there. It's not that I'm getting a burnt taste, just a very muted taste from what I've experienced with this particular juice in other devices. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

edit for additional info: I get clouds not quite as huge but with MUCH better flavor on a 1.0 ohm single coil setup in a cheapo Octopus. Just a little confused. :oops:

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hi everyone, I'm still learning as I go with RDA's, and I've got a question. I've got a .7 ohm dual coil set up using 3mm silica and 29g kanthal on my Trident, and I'm using a Sentinel V3 with a 18490 battery. I'm getting a lot of vapor, but the flavor isn't there. It's not that I'm getting a burnt taste, just a very muted taste from what I've experienced with this particular juice in other devices. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

edit for additional info: I get clouds not quite as huge but with MUCH better flavor on a 1.0 ohm single coil setup in a cheapo Octopus. Just a little confused. :oops:

personally I would run a thicker wire. I like using 29 to 30g wire with builds in the 1.0 and up range. with resistances between 1 ohm to .8 I use 28g. on builds lower I use 27 or 26g wire. it may or may not be the issue here but its possible that the power created by a dual coil is just to hot for such a thin wire. but then again the thicker wire may take to long to heat up. I like pbids advise above, it may be the placement of the coil itself

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread