• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yep, that puts me squarely in it's path...and since one of my sons is actually named Nate, I can almost guarantee it will hit here! :p[emoji23]...Seriously, we are keeping an eye on it and preparing for possible hit on Sunday...not very happy about that probability.
I thought of you when I saw the path. Not good. Be safe!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
They just picked up a partial load of our storm debris :thumb:, since it is getting dark sooner I doubt they will be back tonight, hoping they will pick up where there crew left of this evening.Our neighbor across the street looked very pleased his curb is clear.:p
There are still mountains of debris here. I'm pet sitting this weekend & drove thru areas where the some of the worst of the flooding occured from Harvey hit. Dickinson just goes under every time even a tropical storm comes thru. There is a huge, long section of bayou running thru it, & between rain & storm surge it takes a beating. That is one area that I cannot see owning any property in. There were many pictures online showing people in every kind of boats you can imagine going up & down the main street rescuing people out of the neighborhoods. There were a lot of fan boats. This is the 4th time I've been thru there since Harvey & the businesses along the main street are starting to reopen for a little while most days. But the power is up & down because they have to shut down for some of the construction & repairs to infrastructure. They'll mostly rebuild. Some will just walk away. I can't imagine NOLA right now. And Houston will be hard put to take the evacuees this time. Hotel rooms are at a premium right now, with all the out of town construction people & our own evacuees. I seriously hope this one just sputters out. Florida & TX both are stormed out. This is as bad as The 3 years after Katrina. Storm after storm.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
My thoughts are with all that have been or might be impacted by all these destructive weather systems this season.

Weather Underground has a great resource for following weather across the country. It is interactive and you can toggle on/off most anything weather related. WunderMap® | Interactive Weather Map and Radar

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
seriously hope this one just sputters out. Florida & TX both are stormed out. This is as bad as The 3 years after Katrina. Storm after storm.

I was just outside locking up the gate and noted all the piles of tree debris on the county easement
up and down the block at every other house. It's been raining a lot so the plant matter is starting to rot or dry out and blow all over the place. It's starting to smell "earthy"..
Some folks are tired of waiting for the county and taking truckloads to the dump but the lines at the dump are
worse than they were at gas stations before the storm.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
I'm more worried about @angelphyre. She in New Orleans & it's a giant bowl.

She's an Angel. She'll be alright. God looks after His own.

Indeed. He does, & she is!

Aw thanks guys:wub:...I'll be fine...I actually split my time between NOLA and Gulfport on the MS Coast, which is where I am right now...and where they are predicting it to come ashore...the good thing is it should only be a Cat 1 by the time it hits here, so for us, it will just be more of an annoyance with power and satellite outages...my house has never flooded, not even in Katrina, so just hoping for the best and that it stays moving quickly and gets on out of here. ;)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Aw thanks guys:wub:...I'll be fine...I actually split my time between NOLA and Gulfport on the MS Coast, which is where I am right now...and where they are predicting it to come ashore...the good thing is it should only be a Cat 1 by the time it hits here, so for us, it will just be more of an annoyance with power and satellite outages...my house has never flooded, not even in Katrina, so just hoping for the best and that it stays moving quickly and gets on out of here. ;)
That's a relief.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Since at least 2005, we all know that much of New Orleans is below sea level, right?

So what do you do when a storm dumps lots of water on the city?
Well, obviously you have to pump it out..
But city officials are wondering whether the pumps will actually work!
Link: Nate aims at New Orleans: Will pumps to drain the city work?

Now check out the name of the guy in charge:
"The team is headed by veteran emergency expert Paul Rainwater." :lol:

Reactions: 1 person

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Since at least 2005, we all know that much of New Orleans is below sea level, right?

So what do you do when a storm dumps lots of water on the city?
Well, obviously you have to pump it out..
But city officials are wondering whether the pumps will actually work!
Link: Nate aims at New Orleans: Will pumps to drain the city work?

Now check out the name of the guy in charge:
"The team is headed by veteran emergency expert Paul Rainwater." :lol:
They haven't learned their lesson, have they? But I would expect nothing less from politicians :grr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread