• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Well...let's see what's in store for us.
She one is one mean :censored: already.
I am hearing it's the strongest ever recorded in the Atlantic.
Cat 5 right now...
Wind speeds...running at around 185mph
Camille in 1969 = 190mph
Andrew in 1992 = 167mph

Die Irma - Die !

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Getting kind of crazy around here.
Stores have run out of water, shelves empty, gas stations have run out of gas already.

Yea, we stay stocked but DH decided to go get a couple extra cases of water today...not to be had !

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Our biggest problem up here will be the wind. I live in a forest. I have two live oaks that we plan to have cut down because they are very close to the house and actually lean towards it a bit. They scare the hell out of me.

Unfortunately the tree guys cannot do it soon enough for Irma.

Does everyone here have somewhere to go…in case?

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
... we could have a partay!!!!
Ooh, ooh, Iffy like partay!!! Right, Cindy...?
banana.gif

Y'all just be safe... please!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
@Iffy will you and DW be ok, are you likely to get hit?

Only dat droppin' HIGH ridge will determine our chances. If it pulls out (north) early, might be a while fer moi to reconnect here.

Regardless, got our girls and familes hunkerin' down within two miles of us. As long as Irma isn't a direct hit, we should be fine. OTOH, a direct eye hit here... don't wanna think 'bout it...

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
From the other side of the Nation, we'll be watching, and hopeful for the best for all of you.

Koncerned? VERY, but we'll stay positive, and will send love and good thoughts to all our Floridian buds.

<wub>

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Over here on the east coast and we are stocked up. We will probably be putting up the hurricane shutters on Friday evening. Depending on storm track. If it gets windy here on Saturday, could make putting them up a bit challenging!

MIL is coming to stay with us when it is close. She doesn't like leaving her house but we say to her: What are you going to do? Keep the wind from doing any destruction?

Our neighbor behind us just came back from Michigan to prep his place. He will probably ride out the storm here.

Irma Partay! LOL

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I do worry about ya - I am 30 miles inland and worried about the wind !
Always welcome here ya know !

Yeah, sure, only when I have to bring my bride... see how ya are!
mock.gif

Seriously, Cindy, ya can't imagine how much your offer means to Patty and I.
flowers.gif

As I mentioned on da BP, surge is not a concern of mine. It's gonna be dat relentless high speed bufferin' dat will do da damage; even in your area, if it comes thru here/dere.

Irma Partay! LOL

Hello Sweetheart, just duck low if ya need!

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Hello.....Irma fearful here. It's all my office could talk about today. We don't have anywhere we can go, so if it looks like it's really coming to make an unwelcome visit to Tampa, our new home came with hurricane shutters, which we'll put on and hunker in. My other half went shopping today, so we have water, batteries, and only healthy things to eat. No chips or cookies for us, nah unh, but we'll have sustenance. I had to visit the people who live behind us. We've only lived here a year and we've never met, but they have lot's of wood on top of a storage shed that if not removed will surely become unguided missiles if the wind is strong enough. They were very nice and promised to clean everything up, which was nice.

This was on my Facebook feed, and for anyone who remembers me from Provape threads, knows this has special meaning to me. I thought it was kind of funny.

Irma.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Well - if Ya' read my other post, then most of you already know what is has been happening around here (FT Lauderdale) since yesturday . . . Today - of course - was even worse . . . The good thing is they are getting what they NEED today and not waiting until "Irma" is knocking at the door like last time when "Wilma" came a shore . . . Thankfully, I am pretty much set-up with what I NEEDED to have since the beginning of the season, especially if I was going to stay in "My" apartment . . . (All I want to do tomorrow is get a haircut & 1 load of laundry done). . . However, I am NOT staying here (half "My" stuff I'm taking already in the trunk of car - just clothes & meds now left to pack), but going up to WPB to be with my best friends in their home just like when "Mathew" came breezing by last year . . . AND - If things change for the worse and it looks as though another "Andrew" is on the way here - I'll be heading for @Bea-FL or @classwife place . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Not sure where I'll be heading, or staying yet. Too soon to tell. BUT i did have plans for being in FT Lauderdale This week end, well at least for Friday for a Steve Earle concert. As of now the concert is still scheduled to happen.
My sister recently relocated to Ft Lauderdale. She lives in an old sturdy house. But if it tracks south might be better off staying up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread