HV 306 are phenomenal!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
Iken, Isaac

Thanks for creating this thing called HV 306. Got them today. Dewicked. Primed as directed. Screwed in to the Apex Alpha Ultra with RES running on 2x 14250 @ 6v and WHOA!
whoa.gif
whoa.gif
whoa.gif

Words can't describe how amazed I am. Well I got words but I'll probably be banned.

It excels in all areas, TH, vapor, flavor! It's simply phenomenal.

Last edited:

Wacky Dee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Sydney Australia
I've tried both HV 510 and 306 and honestly can't tell the difference in terms of TH or flavor or vapor production.

I find the 306s a bit of a pita to be perfectly honest as I need to use a 306 drip tip with them and it's nowhere nearly as good as my 510 drip tip (from STM)

Is there actually any difference between a 510 and 306 other than the fact that the 306 doesn't have that external "wall" around the bridge ?? If that's the only difference then i can see no reason why a 306 would perform any different to a 510.

I haven't tried dewicking so might try that next .. but as it stands, i hate all the 306 drip tips I've got so always end up going back to the 510HV rather quickly

Wacky Dee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Sydney Australia
Ok I just dewicked (as best I could ..seems a lot of the fibres get stuck in the bridge) a used IKV HV306 and boy it really does rock :)

Loving the draw on it much better compared to the 510HV and the flavour and vapor seem about 20-30% more intense (same TH though)

Using it with a clear/smoked drip tip from IKV and it's awesome (no liquid in my mouth so far .. did get it with the wick still on). Btw I tried the 'cannon drip tip' and its totally not to my liking, just too big for me.

But yeah to sum up, if like me you bought a bunch of IKV 306HV atties and thought "meh I'll stick with 510" try dewicking, they're definately better!

antlion

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Huntington, West Virginia
Ok I just dewicked (as best I could ..seems a lot of the fibres get stuck in the bridge) a used IKV HV306 and boy it really does rock :)

Loving the draw on it much better compared to the 510HV and the flavour and vapor seem about 20-30% more intense (same TH though)
Using it with a clear/smoked drip tip from IKV and it's awesome (no liquid in my mouth so far .. did get it with the wick still on). Btw I tried the 'cannon drip tip' and its totally not to my liking, just too big for me.

But yeah to sum up, if like me you bought a bunch of IKV 306HV atties and thought "meh I'll stick with 510" try dewicking, they're definately better!

Hey if you want, pick up one of these I haven't really enjoyed my cannon tips as much since I got one of these -> The Electronic Cigarette Company. USA. Fast Shipping. eCig Kits, Supplies & Accessories. they've got glass drip tips for 306 and 510 you'll have to clean it with hot water every now and then (I sometimes use soap as well since the tip gets chalked up with grime from your lips after a period of time) but it'll last you forever pretty much and the draw seems better than cannon tips in my opinion. Plus it is nice being able to see how much liquid is on my bridge of my 306. Cheers.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Im in love with these atomizers...

Guys, when de-wicking, remember that you dont want to mess with the bit of wick that runs directly through the coil... you'll ruin the atty!!

Just get the stuff thats under the bridge (you may need to cut it to be certain you're not going to pull it out... has happened to me)

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
Im in love with these atomizers...

Guys, when de-wicking, remember that you dont want to mess with the bit of wick that runs directly through the coil... you'll ruin the atty!!

Just get the stuff thats under the bridge (you may need to cut it to be certain you're not going to pull it out... has happened to me)

I just placed an order and I am glad I grabbed 2 of these. Now you have me interested in de-wicking one :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread