Hypertank questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
TX, USA
Been using the Hypertank Style 2 a week now, going good, no leaks. I like the short wick, makes quick juice changes when the tank runs out or you get a bad flavor.

1) Do the makers of hypertank realize that their drip tip hole does not fit the Shorty Universal from cherryvape? Why would they make it a unique size from other drip tip holes?

2) How can you fully disassemble a hypertank? I want to paint the chrome ends, they don't match since I didn't get a chrome middle. Somebody was slaking on that design aspect.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Been using the Hypertank Style 2 a week now, going good, no leaks. I like the short wick, makes quick juice changes when the tank runs out or you get a bad flavor.

1) Do the makers of hypertank realize that their drip tip hole does not fit the Shorty Universal from cherryvape? Why would they make it a unique size from other drip tip holes?

2) How can you fully disassemble a hypertank? I want to paint the chrome ends, they don't match since I didn't get a chrome middle. Somebody was slaking on that design aspect.
You can't fully disassemble the Hypertank, only the bottom and the tip.

As far as drip tips not fitting, I've had no issues at all on that front. All my tips fit the Hypertank.

Not that I've used them lately. My cartotanks work longer without needing me to futz with the coil. The Hypertank's coil lasts a good, long while, though, especially when compared with the painfully fussy Protank.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I've never understood people's problems with attys going bad often. I'm not a chain vaper but my cartomators always lasted many, many months (year maybe?) I try to not let them get completely dry. The hypertank was assembled somehow, these different pieces weren't all produced at once in a single mold. Was it glued?
I really don't know how it was assembled. I've never needed to take one completely apart, however.

The only issue I ever had with them is the coil/wick going south too soon and that's an issue with any bottom coil clearomizer. Hypertank is my favorite bottom coil tank, however. Doing one's own wicks with thicker silica or cotton will much improve the experience but I don't always want to mess with all that.

thorn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
TX, USA
My Hypertank came apart finally. Guess the car heat finally got to the o-rings enough. Looks like it was just a really snug fit of o-rings on both ends of the glass holding it to the metal sleeve and endcaps. Now instead of pulling out a drip tip, I pull out the entire bottom, arg, heh. But at any rate I painted it plasti-dip orange. It is VERY visible now. It started leaking a month or more ago. I have come to the conclusion that it leaks when it heats up in the car. If I leave it at home, it never leaks. Think I read of a vaporlock issue maybe with it. At any rate, my local store has discontinued carrying them. They said people were having problems with their attys, probably the leaking issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread