Hypothetical Vaping senario..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadPerfect

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
RI
imagine a new trend started ... where hardcore vapers started mainlining nicotine to get a fix? snorting "Nico-crystal" to "nic up." think about it.... The goverment bans e-cigs and e-juice... next thing you know, your rambling down the street with shakes, meeting up with a street thug pushing juice and mods at ten times there price. welcome to the dark world of vaping..
drug-pusher.jpg

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
I've had similar thoughts, wondering if I will soon be a criminal cooking up DIY juice in the basement. My grown daughters already think i'm some kind of junky with all my syringes and little tack box of supplies. But yes, we are all thankful i'm off the stinkies so that's a win.

Been reducing the NIC 1mg per month. In just 16 months I will be at zero. Could reduce faster if the situation warrants but there is currently no need to be uncomfortable.

I am concerned though...

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I don't think it'll ever happen, nicotine alone or withdrawl from it doesn't have the same effect as what we'd go to a street thug for. Sure it's addictive but we don't trip out, have visions of pretty colors. cringe in a fetal position for days or hold up the corner store without it.

I'm also of the opinion that if a person has successfully made a full transition from cigarettes to vaping for a while then it's much easier to put down the ecig even if they vape high nic level juice than it would be to put cigs down for good, much less to withdrawl from although I think most use a step down method in nic.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Hmmm, I was close to the "cringe in a fetal position for days" scenario the one time I tried quitting cigs cold turkey :D.

However I started vaping at 18mg and about 6 months into it, had to decrease nic to 12mg. I had (and have) no intention to lower the nic level I was vaping at; 18mg just became 'too strong' for me :blink:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

redbucket

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
USA
I'm not terribly concerned about banning of flavored e-juice. They're not going to schedule nicotine, that would lead to too many problems for tobacco companies (although big pharma would love it). And PG, VG, and food flavor won't be banned. So I could always go DIY.

I am concerned about banning atomizers as illegal drug delivery devices. I can't make those.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
I'm with Tersur... I also dropped down painlessly. Nicotine does help my concentration driving.... but I'll just stock up on nicotine liquid, slowly ween myself off. If absolutely positively necessary down the road, I'm thinking about 3 years I'll get those "nicomint" the nicotine mints? whatever JUST for driving. As for going to a pusher? No.... BP just doesn't want smokers who have quit to get their fix from anything but their over-priced garbage. Money, greed, that's really what it comes down to. IMHO ~ Happy Holiday and Eat them cookies on Christmas! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread