I’m losing it! Clearomizers Melt?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been up all night reading this God-send of a forum trying to upgrade from my KR808D-1. It’s been good to me but I’ve had it four and a half days, it’s time.

Thanks to sailorman and many others I know I’m getting two 501 batteries from somewhere. That was six hours ago…

Then I spotted the Lime Green Clearomizer!! So Happy! AND it has a Screw On ROUND Mouthpiece! Yes!! But the best part? The blue one? Looks like a freaking Sonic Screwdriver!!

Sorry, rambling…

Question: Is there a strong clearomizer for the 501? I like menthol and cinnamon liquid and I don’t want it to MELT. I just can’t believe they melt :blink:

Virgin Vapor dot com has the version 1, short wick, on sale because they are apparently crap. “These are made of a more fragile plastic”, “DO NOT USE these with citrus, cinnamon and some cola flavored e-liquids” because the MELT?!

Question: Is the version 2 any better? Long wick.
Is there a glass one because I can’t find one.

I don’t want to mod it with a syringe because syringes don’t come in blue!!

Grrrr

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas

Been up all night reading this God-send of a forum trying to upgrade from my KR808D-1. It’s been good to me but I’ve had it four and a half days, it’s time.

Thanks to sailorman and many others I know I’m getting two 501 batteries from somewhere. That was six hours ago…

Then I spotted the Lime Green Clearomizer!! So Happy! AND it has a Screw On ROUND Mouthpiece! Yes!! But the best part? The blue one? Looks like a freaking Sonic Screwdriver!!

Sorry, rambling…

Question: Is there a strong clearomizer for the 501? I like menthol and cinnamon liquid and I don’t want it to MELT. I just can’t believe they melt :blink:

Virgin Vapor dot com has the version 1, short wick, on sale because they are apparently crap. “These are made of a more fragile plastic”, “DO NOT USE these with citrus, cinnamon and some cola flavored e-liquids” because the MELT?!

Question: Is the version 2 any better? Long wick.
Is there a glass one because I can’t find one.

I don’t want to mod it with a syringe because syringes don’t come in blue!!

Grrrr

The clearomizers are somewhat new and as such are being updated constantly. Virgin Vapers has them on sale because they are very popular and she just got them in, after a lot of feedback as to what we wanted. LOL Most reputable vendors will post a notice if there is a "possibility" of a problem occuring with a product they carry. Many if not all of the vendors I have gone to have similar warnings. They can leak and be bothersome, but they are so new, improvements are being constantly made. Some of the vendors have opted to just hang back and wait until they are perfected. Me, well........I hate to wait. LoL I have had 6 of them so far and none have melted or cracked. Some of the members have not had such good luck. If you vape high acid fruit juices and cinnamon (and I see that you do) you will probably have to either pay more or use regular cartomizers until they are perfected. One thing though, there is absolutely no comparison as to the taste of the juice. The clearomizers are a must have for me. I am so spoiled now, I can barely stand to use the cartomizers. I like the blue and purple ones too. I do vape fruits. Strawberry and tangerine and so far have had good luck, but you just have to know, that is an iffy combination at this time. :(

Another improvement that has just been made recently is some of the vendors are getting the newer ones with the longer wicks. I plan to get those next as I hate the swirling around that one must do in order to keep the taste great. But alas, therein lies the rub, the taste is great.

Sorries I don't have better news.

Morri

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
The vivi nova is a tank, holds more than the visions, but you can get one of the new metal tubes to put on it in place of the clear plastic one and they come in colors.
The fluxomizer is another option with the new plastic tubes but you need to use a syringe or needle tip bottle cap to fill it.
Good luck:)

Last edited:

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
. . . One thing though, there is absolutely no comparison as to the taste of the juice. The clearomizers are a must have for me. I am so spoiled now, I can barely stand to use the cartomizers. . . .

Morri, can you explain why the clearo's taste better than a regular cartomizer? I thought a clearomizer was just a tank with a cartomizer in it, so I don't understand why the clearo would taste better.

Not challenging your statement. I'm still a newb and trying to learn and understand.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Morri, can you explain why the clearo's taste better than a regular cartomizer? I thought a clearomizer was just a tank with a cartomizer in it, so I don't understand why the clearo would taste better.

Not challenging your statement. I'm still a newb and trying to learn and understand.

A clearomizer is not a tank. Clearos are basically a plastic tube with a wick inside that draws the fluid up to the top where the atomizer is. Look around on YouTube and you will find plenty of review videos of them where someone took one apart to show the inner workings.

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas

The liquid has nothing to pass through. All the filling material of the cartos give some kind of taste to the liquid. With clearos, it is just the liquid and the wicks, period. great, clean taste.

RuckingFetard

Moved On
May 25, 2012
In The Asylum
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: New Id of Previously Banned user
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread