I <3 my new ProTank 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decimate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
California
Haven't even thought about an analog since! I did as everyone said and let the juice soak in for about 20 mins, and wiped all the parts down first so it wouldn't give an oily taste.

First I tried my Red Energy 50/50 from thevaporroom.net and it gave me huge clouds and a nice cool throat hit. Tasted like I was smoking a can of Redbull lol.

A few mins ago I put half Mt. Dew 50/50 and half Lemon Lime 50/50 and it gives a perfectly clear taste. Using a Vivi Nova for all these months and then going to this is like night and day.

Bye-Bye stinkies! :vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

TheVapingJester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Jackson Missouri
I love my PT2, so I hear where you are coming from. I have heard folks saying things about a metal taste and I did get some of that at first. But all I taste now is juice, and I was wondering if my issue might have been the metal drip tip instead of the tank itself? Everything else I used before the Protank had a plastic mouthpiece, so it's possible, right? The BCC design just makes sense considering it is always submerged in juice and they are so easy to recoil, it's a no brainer. Also, being able to use the heads with both the PT2 and the Evod gives you another option without the need for a completely different setup and learning curve. Congrats on becoming analog free! It has been 30 days today for me, WOOHOO!!!!

Wampa Poacher

Aug 14, 2013
DFW, Texas
Haven't even thought about an analog since! I did as everyone said and let the juice soak in for about 20 mins, and wiped all the parts down first so it wouldn't give an oily taste.

First I tried my Red Energy 50/50 from thevaporroom.net and it gave me huge clouds and a nice cool throat hit. Tasted like I was smoking a can of Redbull lol.

A few mins ago I put half Mt. Dew 50/50 and half Lemon Lime 50/50 and it gives a perfectly clear taste. Using a Vivi Nova for all these months and then going to this is like night and day.

Bye-Bye stinkies! :vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Waiting on some of my favorite juice to use my with my new Protank 2:vapor:. Also have a custom Phiniac Tank now actually in the mail and on its way. I'm so excited:D!!

Wampa Poacher

Aug 14, 2013
DFW, Texas
I love my PT2, so I hear where you are coming from. I have heard folks saying things about a metal taste and I did get some of that at first. But all I taste now is juice, and I was wondering if my issue might have been the metal drip tip instead of the tank itself? Everything else I used before the Protank had a plastic mouthpiece, so it's possible, right? The BCC design just makes sense considering it is always submerged in juice and they are so easy to recoil, it's a no brainer. Also, being able to use the heads with both the PT2 and the Evod gives you another option without the need for a completely different setup and learning curve. Congrats on becoming analog free! It has been 30 days today for me, WOOHOO!!!!

I actually have a thread talking about the different materials for drip tips and how they can distort flavor. Not many people posted :( but IMO the material of the drip tip can distort the flavor. The stainless steel used in the protanks and other drip tips can give some of us a metallic taste.

TheVapingJester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Jackson Missouri
I actually have a thread talking about the different materials for drip tips and how they can distort flavor. Not many people posted :( but IMO the material of the drip tip can distort the flavor. The stainless steel used in the protanks and other drip tips can give some of us a metallic taste.
The flavor actually went away, but yeah, the first few tanks I vaped did have a metal taste. Did the eliquid eventually "season" the drip tip? Or, do you think I just got used to it? Taste awesome now though, so no worries! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread