I almost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
I almost bought a pack of cigarettes on my way to work tonight...6 weeks in and my life feels like it's falling apart (not related to the quit/PV). All the good I've done is about to go down the drain! I managed not to buy some coming in but another night of...falling apart. I don't think I'll have the strength to stop myself in the morning. Seems for the first time in 6weeks all I can think about is how good that first long deep inhale would feel right now. *sigh* pity party anybody wanna join?

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
You need a stronger liquid!

When I have those super intense cravings, I take the FATest couple of rips of some boba's bounty and I'm feeling GOOOOOOD. You need to find that juice you can rely on to satisfy your most intense cravings - I used to use menthol, but I am at a point right now where I don't need menthol for it (though I do like some menthols).

I'm in school to become a RN right now, if you cannot think of a good enough reason NOT to buy those ciggy's - think of me, Adam is my name. I'm looking up to you as you're a Nurse now and I believe that you'll show me that Nurses have the WILLPOWER OF GODS! I've got your back ;)

marcielynn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
PA
www.facebook.com
You can get past it!!!! I have been there many times "Just one more" well you know it leads to there still being the other 19 in the pack and they will be the just one more til they are gone. Then you buy another, just leads you right back to them controlling your life!!! Struggle through this one and count it as a win!!!! You may have to struggle through another in the morning but just get home from work and then u will have another win. Its an ongoing battle for me as well just 2 and a half months in, but i get to be the winner, and i rem how bad I felt when i was on analogs. They give you immediate satisfaction then they rob from you while your back is turned! You know all the bad things and you are stronger then they are!!!!!!!((((((HUGSSS)))))))))

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Sure. I'll join in. THere was a rock festival here last night- spent most of the evening getting .....ed at for my ecig ("even worse than smoking") by a bunch of sanctimonious anti-smoking zealots. So I'm in a mood for .....ing. ;-) Probably should stop going to rock shows, but I think the rest of the band wouldn't like that.

Anyway- hang in there. Vape something good. And vape a lot of it. The worst urges for cigs I've had since I started vaping have taken TIME vaping. What's appealing about cigs is how fast they are. VAping is slower.

You need to find a way to look forward to how good the vaping is going to be. Think of...a quiet place.

Your PV filled and ready to use.

YOur favorite flavor.

GOod music on.

And the delicious laziness of just sitting there and vaping as long as it takes to make the urge go away.

To me, satisfying nicotine urges is a little like...sex.

Sometimes you FEEL like you're in a hurry to get it, but if you take longer, it's lots better.

Make vaping a big pleasure. :)

And hang in there.

Ande

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Amy...life will go down the drain more if you go back to smoking. I know you're craving really bad but do anything possible not to think about it. What you need is a higher nic level for right now. Here is my suggestion to you: when you get off work, go straight home...DO NOT BUY CIGS....get on your computer and place an order for your favorite juice in a higher mg....ride out the wait for the mailman...DO NOT BUY CIGS WHILE WAITING.

You know that it will only drag you down more and you don't want that. Not with your other problems. Complications from smoking would not be fun at all to have to deal with. You might also find that taking that first long deep inhale, as you put it, could leave you with a terrible taste in your mouth that can take hours to get rid off, coughing your head off, gasping for air, and finally speeewwwwing on the floor. Don't do that to yourself.

Hugs sweety...hang in there. Get that higher nic bottle ordered immediately.

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
You need a stronger liquid!

When I have those super intense cravings, I take the FATest couple of rips of some boba's bounty and I'm feeling GOOOOOOD. You need to find that juice you can rely on to satisfy your most intense cravings - I used to use menthol, but I am at a point right now where I don't need menthol for it (though I do like some menthols).

I'm in school to become a RN right now, if you cannot think of a good enough reason NOT to buy those ciggy's - think of me, Adam is my name. I'm looking up to you as you're a Nurse now and I believe that you'll show me that Nurses have the WILLPOWER OF GODS! I've got your back ;)

oh you dear sweet thing...DO NOT LOOK UP TO ME! seriously that'll get you screwed! and of all the posts the first one has to be the one that starts the water works up again...my brother's name is Adam, we were just talking about this. Both of our stress levels are at monumental levels right now. He has given in, I'm afraid that if I add any more guilt I won't be able to do some of the things I might have to do the next few days.

It hasn't matter much what I do or try I've never gotten a TH enough to satisfy this crave I've got going on now. Not even a kick .... 36mg cinna flavor...until now I've been able to deal...

Thanks for the support, that's why I came...but I don't think I know what I need or expect?

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
oh you dear sweet thing...DO NOT LOOK UP TO ME! seriously that'll get you screwed! and of all the posts the first one has to be the one that starts the water works up again...my brother's name is Adam, we were just talking about this. Both of our stress levels are at monumental levels right now. He has given in, I'm afraid that if I add any more guilt I won't be able to do some of the things I might have to do the next few days.

It hasn't matter much what I do or try I've never gotten a TH enough to satisfy this crave I've got going on now. Not even a kick .... 36mg cinna flavor...until now I've been able to deal...

Thanks for the support, that's why I came...but I don't think I know what I need or expect?

Oh my! I didn't mean for you to shed tears :( I'm SORRY!!!!

Look, all I meant was that you can always think of me, us here and just know that even if you do slip, that we're behind you to catch ya, so you don't fall on your bum :D

You've just gotta keep trying! No matter the cost or time it takes, it's worth it. You wanna know why? BECAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT!!! Take your time, try some other flavors, devices, atomizers, Low resistance, high voltage. I seriously believe that there IS a working combination out there for you! Just relax and know, we're here ;)

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
Please don't do it. You are stronger than the cigs. You are better than the cigs. You have been able to throw them off for 6 weeks and you are strong enough to do another 6 weeks.
My night last night was so stressful that I came home with hives (the way I show stress). I wanted nothing more than to buy a pack, but I did not because I thought of all the friends I have here.
You can make it.

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Oh my! I didn't mean for you to shed tears :( I'm SORRY!!!!

Look, all I meant was that you can always think of me, us here and just know that even if you do slip, that we're behind you to catch ya, so you don't fall on your bum :D

You've just gotta keep trying! No matter the cost or time it takes, it's worth it. You wanna know why? BECAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT!!! Take your time, try some other flavors, devices, atomizers, Low resistance, high voltage. I seriously believe that there IS a working combination out there for you! Just relax and know, we're here ;)

pfft everything is making me cry...you being an Adam...IDK it's just not a good night and I hate this! I appreciate the support like I said it's why I came...don't worry about it I'm good. I'll take your advise!

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Amy...life will go down the drain more if you go back to smoking. I know you're craving really bad but do anything possible not to think about it. What you need is a higher nic level for right now. Here is my suggestion to you: when you get off work, go straight home...DO NOT BUY CIGS....get on your computer and place an order for your favorite juice in a higher mg....ride out the wait for the mailman...DO NOT BUY CIGS WHILE WAITING.

You know that it will only drag you down more and you don't want that. Not with your other problems. Complications from smoking would not be fun at all to have to deal with. You might also find that taking that first long deep inhale, as you put it, could leave you with a terrible taste in your mouth that can take hours to get rid off, coughing your head off, gasping for air, and finally speeewwwwing on the floor. Don't do that to yourself.

Hugs sweety...hang in there. Get that higher nic bottle ordered immediately.

thank you dear! It's just a time in my life I don't think drinking a bottle of straight nic would help. LOL I'm on 36mg now, although I haven't used my PV as much the last few days. IDK I'm just not feeling it as much as I was??? I've got some tobacco flavor at home I'll give a try in the morning. My commute is an hour...with stops all along the way...it's gonna be HARD. I couldn't believe I made it out of the store tonight. If the woman had asked if I needed my cigs as usual I would have cracked! Not needing to buy cigs has kept me outta the stores so I haven't been as tempted I think. But I'd kill to walk though a smokers huddle right now...God that is SAD!

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Amy

Whatever device you're using, I think you should vamp it up.

If you're using a standard 510, it's time to move it up to an eGo or a Riva w/low resistance atomizers/cartomizers!!!

If you're using an eGo/Riva type already without the LR, get the LR. If you're already using LR+eGo/Riva, consider a 5v boxmod OR some of the strongest menthol you can find...for me, on my first 12 days of quitting, I used Liberty Flights 100% PG 18mg (get it higher if you need it) and that stuff was STRONG! I mean tearing my throat up strong, but it worked! I couldn't even think of a cigarette after taking a few rips of it. People on the forums here were talking about how they're vaping 3-6mL's a day and I was thinking, "HOW?!?!" Because I could only take so much of that stuff at a time.

Even if you don't like menthol flavors, they're powerful, and they might help (if you haven't tried already)

GERGOZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
McDonough, Ga
hey amy,

whatever you are using...hit that thing hard, long and frequently !

its what i do, in the beginning, i thought you were supposed to use ecigs as you did your analogs, wrong !

i use that sucker like a bag of candy

there are jonesing times (is jonesing a word ? lol) i double and triple hit on the same draw, whatever it takes

hang in there, dont give in and VAPE HARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
Fight it! you say you haven't been vaping much...if the nic level is making the TH too hard use something a little lower but don't stop vaping...its the nic keeping you from grabbing that pack of cigs...You can do it...believe me a 2-6 pack a day(yea I don't know how I smoked that much either) ex smoker who carried around a cig-machine and a can of bacco YOU CAN DO IT!!! just take a puff here and there but don't stop.....you have gone this far...

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Hang in there Amy... this is my thought under normal circumstances I'd say go ahead and let yourself have some smokes but going through a crisis I'm thinking if you start you'll have one heck of a time stopping again so yeah vape the heck out of your pv and do your best to stay away from smokes.... but if you do smoke don't beat yourself up about it you have to allow yourself to be human or you set yourself up for failure.

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Amy

Whatever device you're using, I think you should vamp it up.

If you're using a standard 510, it's time to move it up to an eGo or a Riva w/low resistance atomizers/cartomizers!!!

If you're using an eGo/Riva type already without the LR, get the LR. If you're already using LR+eGo/Riva, consider a 5v boxmod OR some of the strongest menthol you can find...for me, on my first 12 days of quitting, I used Liberty Flights 100% PG 18mg (get it higher if you need it) and that stuff was STRONG! I mean tearing my throat up strong, but it worked! I couldn't even think of a cigarette after taking a few rips of it. People on the forums here were talking about how they're vaping 3-6mL's a day and I was thinking, "HOW?!?!" Because I could only take so much of that stuff at a time.

Even if you don't like menthol flavors, they're powerful, and they might help (if you haven't tried already)

I've got a Riva 510 with LR dual coil carto's, 36mg juice with a higher PG% b/c I've been trying to get a damn TH, and don't care that much about the vaper out put. And up until today I easily went through 3ml's a day. but the TH (or that deep satisfying inhale is what I'm craving most right now and the PV has never given me that...I was somehow just able to make it work until now). I haven't ever had a tobacco flavor and menthol makes me vomit. I've used some cinna pear a good bit, but mostly I vape sweet stuff (Pineapple, pina colada, raspberry gingerale)

I think it's mostly the stress and I'm still so close to my quit that I haven't developed any coping skills...not that I really believe they exist or anything.

thanks for the help and encouragement it means more than you know!
Amy

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Fight it! you say you haven't been vaping much...if the nic level is making the TH too hard use something a little lower but don't stop vaping...its the nic keeping you from grabbing that pack of cigs...You can do it...believe me a 2-6 pack a day(yea I don't know how I smoked that much either) ex smoker who carried around a cig-machine and a can of bacco YOU CAN DO IT!!! just take a puff here and there but don't stop.....you have gone this far...

no I don't get a TH at all...never really have. I've been sleeping for 3rd shift this weekend so my vape time has gone done...as my crisis has increased so yeah I'm too new a convert to have proper coping skills yet...but as I've said I'm not so sure those things are real anymore.

that's why I posted I guess, cause I know I've come this far and don't want to mess it up...but I'm the queen of ....... up's I guess...
thanks for the support! it means a lot!

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
I will be more than happy to throw you some juice 36mg.Might even loan you my map tank..

see this is why I love ECF so much...you don't even know me but you (like so many others here) are willing to really help instead of just throwing BS my way! Thanks! everyone here is so genuinely supportive...if I make it it'll be b/c of post like the ones I've gotten here!

I'm very thankful for your offer! I've got 36 juice...just say a prayer or whatever that I make it home without a pack!

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Hang in there Amy... this is my thought under normal circumstances I'd say go ahead and let yourself have some smokes but going through a crisis I'm thinking if you start you'll have one heck of a time stopping again so yeah vape the heck out of your pv and do your best to stay away from smokes.... but if you do smoke don't beat yourself up about it you have to allow yourself to be human or you set yourself up for failure.

the crisis is why I'm so worried about even one cig...it'll never be the only one! and if I do it I'll beat myself to an even bloodier pulp than what I'm doing now. thanks for you kind words and support. I really love all you guys...strangers though you might be, you've helped me more than the real people in my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread