I am a newbie, this is what I decided...

Status
Not open for further replies.

urban

Dec 11, 2009
Texas, San Antonio
Hello All,

I am brand new to e-cigarettes. Yesterday I went to a local mall and saw the smokingeverywhere booth. LOL. So, I asked what it was all about. (I am a 1 pack a week Marlboro Red smoker, down from 2 packs a week.) The salesman pitched to me for over 5 minutes, and in the end, i refused, because he was selling the basic kit for 160!!! I tasted the smoke, and was not impressed. It was very thin.

I wanted to do some research, so, I googled "smokingeverywhere reviews" and came upon this forum.... wow. Luck me! I did some research and discovered that there are better and more affordable alternatives to the SE brand. So, I ended up purchasing the Janty Ego kit and a 30ml Nhale Marlbro flavor. I watched the youtube video preview of the ego and very much liked the design and results so far. I was looking at the Wicked juices but the Marlboro-like flavor was sold out so I opted with the Nhaler brand.

Well that's my story so far. Now I just need to wait for the goods!
I want to thank all the members of this forum for providing a great knowledgebase for e-cigarettes!

BTW. Does anyone have any experience with the Ego?

Thanks for reading! Any questions/comments are welcome.

Urban

oldtechno

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States of America
Welcome Aboard!

Sorry, I don't know anything about any of that equipment and just--or I would have given an opinion.

However...if you wind up vaping for just a little while, you'll find the batteries die out quickly. As time passes, and you decide to continue vaping you will probably decide either to get more kits (I've got 7 of those 510 kits) or bigger batteries to go with them or even move to a larger unit.

I figure you should look into the 510 starter kits (no box version) CIGNOT.com and one or both of the Protogy (did I spell that right?) and "Little Chuck".

Silence

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Hopkinsville, Ky
DO NOT expect the marlboro flavor to taste like cigarette smoke... I try to tell ppl it tastes more like the marlboro tobacco smells before you burn it. but nHaler is a very GOOD liquid. They have GREAT taste and produce TONS of vapor. For more intersesting flavors give Ms. T's Bakery Essentials a try. She has VERY different but VERY good flavors and her customer service is second to NONE...

Congrats on the decision to switch and good luck!!!!!!!!

ladyraj

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
No one can give you a review of the eGo set because the video review you watched was for a proto-type. I ordered a set as well and trust the product will be just as good, or better, as all the products I've purchased from JantyUSA. Since the set comes with 2 batteries that have a 6 month warranty you should be OK for a few months until replacement parts are available. I recommend ordering a few atomizers (Dura-C type) to have as spares. Welcome and goodluck!

urban

Dec 11, 2009
Texas, San Antonio
Thanks for the info and links, i am definitely going to research!

I did notice the 600 mAH batteries that the Ego kit comes with,
that's one of the reasons I didn't go for the standard 510. Unless I missed something... heh.

I am very excited, and anxious as heck to start trying out all these flavors!

Thanks again for the 411. I'll post when I get that package....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread